Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 7, 2021 at 6:03 AM Post #59,191 of 75,342
Debating adding Shozy BK to the collection - wondering though will it add a different slant to other higher quality buds in my collection? - 32pro, pk32 new line, Chaconne?

I'd personally would go with the Simphonio Dragon 2+ or 3 instead of the BK.

Dec 7, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #59,192 of 75,342

I was looking at both but a big jump in price. What would you say are the strengths vs Shozy?

Dec 7, 2021 at 6:48 AM Post #59,193 of 75,342
I prefer the newbsound to the shozy to be honest. I think its a dragon or chaconne for me next plus another dd iem!

Dec 7, 2021 at 7:36 AM Post #59,194 of 75,342
I prefer the newbsound to the shozy to be honest. I think its a dragon or chaconne for me next plus another dd iem!

I have both Penon Serial and Shozy BK in my Penon cart but I might switch BK to Dragon - big price difference though.

Dec 7, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #59,195 of 75,342
I have both Penon Serial and Shozy BK in my Penon cart but I might switch BK to Dragon - big price difference though.
There are a few different versions of the dragon too. Which is the one to go for?

Dec 7, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #59,196 of 75,342
There are a few different versions of the dragon too. Which is the one to go for?

Yeah not sure. Going from Dragon 2 single to balanced alone is a $100 difference!

Dec 7, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #59,197 of 75,342
Yeah not sure. Going from Dragon 2 single to balanced alone is a $100 difference!
Yeah, I've just looked. Thats a bit silly really. I'd just get the single ended. The other Dragon is very pricey

Dec 7, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #59,198 of 75,342
I was looking at both but a big jump in price. What would you say are the strengths vs Shozy?

i think it's a better earbud in technical performance, better layering and better soundstage positioning/separation compared to the BK. the BK is not bad in any means though, i just think the SWDs are better.
Also because of the very popular BK in my country, i had the chance to test multiple units, and there are slight differences in sound, so i personally a bit cautious about the BK.

Dec 7, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #59,199 of 75,342
i think it's a better earbud in technical performance, better layering and better soundstage positioning/separation compared to the BK. the BK is not bad in any means though, i just think the SWDs are better.
Also because of the very popular BK in my country, i had the chance to test multiple units, and there are slight differences in sound, so i personally a bit cautious about the BK.

Excellent, thank you. Have you tried both 2 and 3 of Dragon?

Dec 7, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #59,200 of 75,342
Dec 7, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #59,201 of 75,342
Dec 7, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #59,202 of 75,342
Debating adding Shozy BK to the collection - wondering though will it add a different slant to other higher quality buds in my collection? - 32pro, pk32 new line, Chaconne?
Yeah, I've just looked. Thats a bit silly really. I'd just get the single ended. The other Dragon is very pricey
Excellent, thank you. Have you tried both 2 and 3 of Dragon?
i have only heard the SWD2+, but if I'm not mistaken @WoodyLuvr has heard both of them
I have heard and/or owned all of them now starting from the original Sunrise Audio SWD from c2010 all the way up to the latest released model the SWD3+ and they have progressively gotten better with each model release. I didn't really care for the first two early models which I found to be shouty and harsh (quite aggressive) and they were quite excited which really wore me out. It wasn't until I heard the SWD2+ that I started to appreciate their signature and started recommending them though be warned they are treble leaning (slightly bright). The SWD2+, SWD2LE, SWD3, and the new SWD3+ all exhibit a slightly naughty sharpness in the treble area which I personally still find to be quite fatiguing.

2021 - Simphonio SW-Dragon 3 Plus (120Ω; aka "SWD3+")​
2020 - Simphonio SW-Dragon 2 Limited Edition (120Ω; aka "SWD2LE")​
2019 - Simphonio SW-Dragon 3 (150Ω; aka "SWD3")​
2017 - Simphonio SW-Dragon 2 Plus (16Ω; aka "Sunrise Audio SWD2+")​
2012 - Sunrise Audio (Simphonio) SW-Dragon II (120Ω; aka "SWD2")​
2010 - Sunrise Audio (Simphonio) SW-Dragon (150Ω; 110+/-3dB; aka "SWD")​
So the Shozy BK is a good choice if you prefer a warmer signature and the Simphonio SWD3+ if you like treble and are not turned off by bright characteristics. The SWD3+ does offer more details and better timbre than either the SWD3 or the SWD2+ which I found to be very similar (believe I liked the lower impedance SWD2+ better than the SWD3). The Simphonios are quite resolving probably perfect for critical listening such as grand dynamic classical pieces.

Price - Value wise the Shozy BK is the better bang for your buck earbud than the Simphonios which I believe really are way overpriced but that is only my opinion and they are good earbuds nonetheless.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #59,205 of 75,342
I have heard and/or owned all of them now starting from the original Sunrise Audio SWD from c2010 all the way up to the latest released model the SWD3+ and they have progressively gotten better with each model release. I didn't really care for the first two early models which I found to be shouty and harsh (quite aggressive) and they were quite excited which really wore me out. It wasn't until I heard the SWD2+ that I started to appreciate their signature and started recommending them though be warned they are treble leaning (slightly bright). The SWD2+, SWD2LE, SWD3, and the new SWD3+ all exhibit a slightly naughty sharpness in the treble area which I personally still find to be quite fatiguing.

2021 - Simphonio SW-Dragon 3 Plus (120Ω; aka "SWD3+")​
2020 - Simphonio SW-Dragon 2 Limited Edition (120Ω; aka "SWD2LE")​
2019 - Simphonio SW-Dragon 3 (150Ω; aka "SWD3")​
2017 - Simphonio SW-Dragon 2 Plus (16Ω; aka "Sunrise Audio SWD2+")​
2012 - Sunrise Audio (Simphonio) SW-Dragon II (120Ω; aka "SWD2")​
2010 - Sunrise Audio (Simphonio) SW-Dragon (150Ω; 110+/-3dB; aka "SWD")​
So the Shozy BK is a good choice if you prefer a warmer signature and the Simphonio SWD3+ if you like treble and are not turned off by bright characteristics. The SWD3+ does offer more details and better timbre than either the SWD3 or the SWD2+ which I found to be very similar (believe I liked the lower impedance SWD2+ better than the SWD3). The Simphonios are quite resolving probably perfect for critical listening such as grand dynamic classical pieces.

Price - Value wise the Shozy BK is the better bang for your buck earbud than the Simphonios which I believe really are way overpriced but that is only my opinion and they are good earbuds nonetheless.

Excellent, thank you! What do you think on Shozy versus Newbsound 32pro and Blur 266 pk32 New Line? Does it offer something complementary?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back