Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 31, 2021 at 3:48 AM Post #58,396 of 75,288
Last edited:
Oct 31, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #58,397 of 75,288
Why is the 1More E1008 so slept on here? It seems to both have reviews here:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/1more-dual-driver-buds.25062/
and here:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/1more1008-earbud.22232/reviews
I find they have the best sub-bass extension of any earbud with exceptional soundstage and treble details feel distinctly unique sounding due to the piezo
Yes, they are an exquisitely designed, extremely well-built, and truly sexy-looking dual driver earbud... composed of a dynamic driver and a multi-layer ceramic tweeter. They offer a very relaxing, laid-back signature that unfortunately can be rather dark and too smooth for many people's listening tastes. The mids are noticeably recessed (V-Shape) and quite veiled which some people detest. This veil didn't bother me at all but the ultra-smoothness did... resulting in poor resolution (clarity and detail) which adversely effects the timbre. Audiophiles generally do tend to gravitate away from V-Shape signatures as they grow in the hobby, especially with earphones (earbuds & IEMs), due to such potential side effects with clarity and timbre. Coupled with a design that is ever so slightly clunky for some whom may find the fit to be troublesome... similar awkward weight balance issues as seen with the Moondrop Chaconne where the longer stems can act like a fulcrum (lever), pulling the head & face out of the ear when the cable moves. I always felt that perhaps 1More were a few years too early with this type of design and technology.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #58,398 of 75,288
Yes, they are an exquisitely designed, extremely well built, and sexy-looking dual driver earbud... composed of a dynamic driver and a multi-layer ceramic tweeter. Perhaps they were a few years too early with this type of design. They offer a very relaxing, laid-back signature that can be rather dark and way too smooth for many tastes. The mids are noticeably recessed (V-Shape) and quite veiled which some people detest. This veil didn't bother me at all but the ultra-smoothness resulting in poor resolution (clarity and detail) did as it adversely effects timbre. Audiophiles also generally do tend to gravitate away from V-Shape signatures especially with earphones (earbuds & IEMs) so there is that to consider as well. Couple that with a design that is ever so slightly clunky for some whom may find the fit to be troublesome... similar awkward weight balance issues as seen with the Moondrop Chaconne where the long stems can act like a fulcrum (lever).
I don’t own the chaconne but am worried about the weight of it. Really love the shozy bk for comfort and sound. What would be an upgrade to it?

Oct 31, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #58,399 of 75,288
Yes, they are an exquisitely designed, extremely well-built, and truly sexy-looking dual driver earbud... composed of a dynamic driver and a multi-layer ceramic tweeter. They offer a very relaxing, laid-back signature that unfortunately can be rather dark and too smooth for many people's listening tastes. The mids are noticeably recessed (V-Shape) and quite veiled which some people detest. This veil didn't bother me at all but the ultra-smoothness did... resulting in poor resolution (clarity and detail) which adversely effects the timbre. Audiophiles generally do tend to gravitate away from V-Shape signatures as they grow in the hobby, especially with earphones (earbuds & IEMs), due to such potential side effects with clarity and timbre. Coupled with a design that is ever so slightly clunky for some whom may find the fit to be troublesome... similar awkward weight balance issues as seen with the Moondrop Chaconne where the longer stems can act like a fulcrum (lever), pulling the head & face out of the ear when the cable moves. I always felt that perhaps 1More were a few years too early with this type of design and technology.
yeah it isn't perfect for all music for sure, but when it shines, it feels like full sized open backs, which is unique
I want to see more multi-driver earbuds.

Oct 31, 2021 at 5:26 AM Post #58,400 of 75,288
I don’t own the chaconne but am worried about the weight of it. Really love the shozy bk for comfort and sound. What would be an upgrade to it?
Shozy BK is a very unique earbud and what it does, it does very well. I can't think of any direct upgrade currently available. Maybe consider a Ksearphone Bell-Ti or Bell-LBBs; VE Zen LL 150Ω; or perhaps a Blur model with either a PK32 or PK150 driver these are all similar genre earbuds like the BK but with newer driver types.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2021 at 5:54 AM Post #58,401 of 75,288
Shozy BK is a very unique earbud and what it does, it does very well. I can't think of any direct upgrade currently available. Maybe consider a Ksearphone Bell-Ti or Bell-LBBs; VE Zen LL 150Ω; or perhaps a Blur model with either a PK32 or PK150 driver these are all similar genre earbuds like the BK but with newer driver types.
Thanks. I’ve been considering the ksearphone bell earbuds. What sort of sound signature do they have? I have a ve zen ll and like it very much. On that note whats the sun dice like?!

Oct 31, 2021 at 7:01 AM Post #58,403 of 75,288
Oct 31, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #58,404 of 75,288
Another TOTL bud coming in at $400. Very positive review below. Anyone tried it?

https://headfonics.com/ucotech-es-p1-review/
Reads well, except for the lack of mid bite which would put me off as I wouldn't be willing to EQ. Interesting find!
A fellow Thai audiophile and I bought a Ucotech ES-P1 (~USD455) and Audio-Technica ATH-CM2000Ti (~USD475) together last year and we each spent more than a month comparing the two earbuds with one another. We both found the ATH-CM2000Ti performed the best, literally doing circles around the ES-P1 which I have to admit is probably one of the nicest made/finished pair of earbuds I have ever laid eyes or hands on. It has this crazy industrial slash steam punk vibe about it that looks really cool... I just wished it sounded as good as it looked. Surprisingly they were quite comfortable despite how heavy (very heavy!) they are being made of solid brass! The ATH-CM2000Ti are made out of titanium alloy and thus much lighter in comparison to the ES-P1 but are still rather large and cumbersome so those with small ears may run into a fit comfort issue with this one (I had trouble wearing them). And although the ATH-CM2000Ti leans strongly to the bright side of things and are bass light I still easily preferred them over the warmer ES-P1... which is usually my preferred signature but the treble and higher mid-range are so rolled off and lack luster (no sparkle or magic at all) on the ES-P1 that it came across rather boring and wonky sounding to me.

If your heart is totally set on ordering a pair I would STRONGLY URGE you order directly from Ucotech's on-line store especially if you are after the ES-P1 as a number of counterfeits have been reported ( official store here ). You will need to call/email and arrange shipping with them but they do ship from South Korea.

EDIT: I personally don't really like the Audio-Technica ATH-CM2000Ti either as it is still too bright and fatiguing for me. I simply found that it performed better than the Ucotech ES-P1 (a personal opinion only).

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #58,405 of 75,288
A fellow Thai audiophile and I bought a Ucotech ES-P1 (~USD455) and Audio-Technica ATH-CM2000Ti (~USD475) together last year and we each spent more than a month comparing the two earbuds with one another. We both found the ATH-CM2000Ti performed the best, literally doing circles around the ES-P1 which I have to admit is probably one of the nicest made/finished pair of earbuds I have ever laid eyes or hands on. It has this crazy industrial slash steam punk vibe about it that looks really cool... I just wished it sounded as good as it looked. Surprisingly they were quite comfortable despite how heavy (very heavy!) they are being made of solid brass! The ATH-CM2000Ti are made out of titanium alloy and thus much lighter but are rather large so those with small ears may run into a fit comfort issue with this one (I had troubel wearing them). And although the ATH-CM2000Ti leans strongly to the bright side of things and are bass light I still easily preferred them over the warmer ES-P1... which is usually my preferred signature but the treble and higher mid-range are so rolled off and lack luster (no sparkle or magic at all) on the ES-P1 that it came across rather boring and wonky sounding to me.

If your heart is totally set on ordering a pair I would STRONGLY URGE you order directly from Ucotech's on-line store especially if you are after the ES-P1 as a number of counterfeits have been reported ( official store here ). You will need to call/email and arrange shipping with them but they do ship from South Korea.

Great to hear another perspective, thank you. I have been curious about the ATH-CM2000Ti actually as available from Accessory Jack (who I've purchased a few items from and always super fast delivery with FedEx which makes for an easier purchase decision!) - I had read though they are bright which put me off.

I'd love something with a more premium metal build which is definitely what attracted me to both of the above! Maybe something like the Bell-Ti at some point.

Oct 31, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #58,406 of 75,288
Great to hear another perspective, thank you. I have been curious about the ATH-CM2000Ti actually as available from Accessory Jack (who I've purchased a few items from and always super fast delivery with FedEx which makes for an easier purchase decision!) - I had read though they are bright which put me off.
They are and thus were very fatiguing to me.

Oct 31, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #58,407 of 75,288
A fellow Thai audiophile and I bought a Ucotech ES-P1 (~USD455) and Audio-Technica ATH-CM2000Ti (~USD475) together last year and we each spent more than a month comparing the two earbuds with one another. We both found the ATH-CM2000Ti performed the best, literally doing circles around the ES-P1 which I have to admit is probably one of the nicest made/finished pair of earbuds I have ever laid eyes or hands on. It has this crazy industrial slash steam punk vibe about it that looks really cool... I just wished it sounded as good as it looked. Surprisingly they were quite comfortable despite how heavy (very heavy!) they are being made of solid brass! The ATH-CM2000Ti are made out of titanium alloy and thus much lighter but are rather large so those with small ears may run into a fit comfort issue with this one (I had troubel wearing them). And although the ATH-CM2000Ti leans strongly to the bright side of things and are bass light I still easily preferred them over the warmer ES-P1... which is usually my preferred signature but the treble and higher mid-range are so rolled off and lack luster (no sparkle or magic at all) on the ES-P1 that it came across rather boring and wonky sounding to me.

I always enjoy your input/perspective. You're not allowed to ever leave this forum :)

Oct 31, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #58,409 of 75,288
Man the LBBs is out here just absolutely destroying transducers many times its price for detail retrieval, timbre, layering and separation… if it only had more soundstage depth…

Oct 31, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #58,410 of 75,288
Man the LBBs is out here just absolutely destroying transducers many times its price for detail retrieval, timbre, layering and separation… if it only had more soundstage depth…
I didnt hype it for nothing you know. :smirk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back