Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 12, 2021 at 7:04 AM Post #56,101 of 75,462
That's a big shame. You bought it from a third party seller? Not from the official SMABAT shop?

There's a last thing to check, sometimes for these screw on drivers, if you accidentally twist the shell and clamp on the wiring, it will cause sound cut out. Nothing to lose, but maybe try opening the shell and reattaching the driver (via the lock on mechanism) and screw it and ensure no wiring gets trapped when closing the shell.

Hope it gets sorted out, big pity that QC issues came about.
That's why M2pro is better. The wires from mmcx connectors are thinner.

Jul 12, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #56,102 of 75,462
For myself, the black packaging was just a sleeve. After you slide out the black sleeve, the actual box inside is white.

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-12 at 18.28.56.jpeg
:joy: It's fake :joy:
Why would anyone make fake modules for Smabat. They are not expensive or rare. Also, they are not Sony or Senn's

Jul 12, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #56,103 of 75,462
Jul 12, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #56,104 of 75,462
You mean m2s pro (maybe also with st10s gold driver) is worse than m0?
I dont have them.

Hi Guys, just want to confirm if this is original or fake because in the reviews the package has white box, and I bought from a new seller at a discount price ofr 45. So wanna comfirm before opening.

IMG_20210712_131409.jpg
mine doesnt look like that.....but wonder if thats because review units dont need the official packaging?
Its rare, but not the first time it would have happended to me...

Jul 12, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #56,105 of 75,462
Why would anyone make fake modules for Smabat. They are not expensive or rare. Also, they are not Sony or Senn's

Hey even the very cheap $7 USD Sony MH755 has fakes!

Jul 12, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #56,106 of 75,462
Yes, but that is Sony and not Smabat. The price is not as important as the brand, ie the name

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #56,107 of 75,462

I remember when the Xioami Piston 2 was huge here (still have 2 pairs myself). They were just about the cheapest costing IEMs that were considered audiophile grade. They were something like $20. They were faked big time, and it was VERY hard to tell which one you got. The strange part is that whoever made the fakes went out of their way to make them as close to the originals as they could, only to sell them for $12. Point is that in China, they will fake anything, even if it seems to us like they couldn't possibly make any money doing it.

Jul 12, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #56,108 of 75,462
mine doesnt look like that.....but wonder if thats because review units dont need the official packaging?
Its rare, but not the first time it would have happended to me...
Review units in most cases has prototype (WIP) package, probably a few of them, and official release has final design which is the best looking package of these few

Jul 12, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #56,109 of 75,462
Review units in most cases has prototype (WIP) package, probably a few of them, and official release has final design which is the best looking package of these few
Yeah, but I usually get the official packaging for most of my review units.

Jul 12, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #56,110 of 75,462
Yeah, but I usually get the official packaging for most of my review units.
You get mostly final package design, the design they choose in the end, the most beautiful of all.
You probably left a deep impression on them :wink:

Jul 12, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #56,111 of 75,462
Ah ok thanks for the info, sorry have never used any LG phones before for music purposes. Heard they have a nice DAC inside, but I also heard they are winding down their phone DAC production, quite a pity. How does the sound quality of these LG phone DACs compare with some budget DAPs or dongles?

Some info about LG Quad DAC, and bad news
LG left us, but something new is coming this summer, and it will be affordable.
Verizon Adaptive Sound software integration in upcoming smartphones. New Motorola One 5G UW Ace is the first for now. More info here.

Verizon-Adaptive-Sound.jpg

Jul 12, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #56,113 of 75,462
the driver on the right side not working, no sound there, only left side working, switched the cables, drivers, the problem is in the driver itself
Sorry to hear that. Contact the seller and hopefully convince them to just send you a working pair of drivers :) These are worth having a working pair. Worst case scenari, you just buy a working pair from SMABAT. You’d still have less invested in your than I have in mine. of course I’d probably just go ahead and buy the 150ohm version at that point, but you may have different ideas on that. Sorry this happened. I’m shocked, but in this day and age these things do happen. QA/QC isn’t what it used to be it seems.

Jul 12, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #56,114 of 75,462

Users who are viewing this thread

Back