Earbuds Round-Up
May 24, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #54,302 of 75,297
Thank you!
ST10s black gold>yincrow bass pro>tone king 600> tone king 400 > toneking dendro aspis viridis for bass alone.
The yincrow's are very close bass wise to the st10s, but they pale in comparison over all to the st10's, and imo, are the weakest sounding objectively of the ones that I own. They're not bad, but they're also nothing special in comparison. The dendro's should be immediately thrown out of the picture even though they're my most used earbuds for overall use lol.

Did you ever listen to the original modular earbud version the Smabat M2 Pro? Also, fairly recent are the ****** PT2021 (in multiple impedance versions 32/147/275/365Ω) and the NiceHCK EBX21.
I saw them when i first started picking earbuds up, but avoided them because i couldn't find much in aftermarket support. Those ****'s look really good, any idea of the general consensus of those?

May 24, 2021 at 11:06 PM Post #54,303 of 75,297
Those ****'s look really good, any idea of the general consensus of those?
@ClieOS spoke well of them and advises a higher impedance version if you have the power... since his post here there have been two (2) more impedance models added to the line 147Ω and 275Ω. Here are other posts where he mentions them: Post #1 and Post #2

A brief description directly from @ClieOS: "a little bit on the bright and analytical side, but not strictly a reference flat sound. Overall a very good sounding earbud for the price and could have almost compete with earbuds double the price."

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 11:47 PM Post #54,305 of 75,297
ST10s black gold>yincrow bass pro>tone king 600> tone king 400 > toneking dendro aspis viridis for bass alone.
The yincrow's are very close bass wise to the st10s, but they pale in comparison over all to the st10's, and imo, are the weakest sounding objectively of the ones that I own. They're not bad, but they're also nothing special in comparison. The dendro's should be immediately thrown out of the picture even though they're my most used earbuds for overall use lol.

I saw them when i first started picking earbuds up, but avoided them because i couldn't find much in aftermarket support. Those ****'s look really good, any idea of the general consensus of those?
The st10s it is, then. Thank you very much for the effort :smile_phones:

May 24, 2021 at 11:49 PM Post #54,307 of 75,297
hahah, damn.
Yep. Sorry I had to burst your bubble.:wink:

Just use full foams (or double) if you need to to slightly alter treble. The other option is to go to less dense foam at the rear or more open shell/vent. This could cause pinna gain to disappear though.

:joy: :joy: :joy: @assassin10000 see and knows the best:beerchug:
I figured one of us would catch it. :L3000:

Yuin PK1 is available at Penon Audio, a reputable store.
https://penonaudio.com/earphones/earbuds/yuin-pk1.html

But look at this thread's author's Earbuds ranking from 5 years ago.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wGTZnKX1aP29c1bzs5JWgqSUlPzZqV9p_cw79VfRBpQ/pub
And this is Japanese Blogger's Earbuds ranking.
http://headphonemetal.ldblog.jp/archives/52320906.html
According to these ranking, Shozy Cygnus, which uses the exact same PK Shell, has a higher rating.

I also had the DIY earbuds of PK1 150ohm redfilm driver and the Shozy Cygnus, and I liked the Shozy Cygnus better because it didn't need an amp and it had a warmer, sparklier sound.
However, the cable of Shozy Cygnus turns green. If that doesn't bother you, I'd recommend this.
https://penonaudio.com/earphones/earbuds/shozy-cygnus.html

@rincewind
Ditto, I'd order from Penon if you want a legitimate PK1. They also have an AE store now iirc.

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 11:51 PM Post #54,308 of 75,297
@ClieOS spoke well of them and advises a higher impedance version if you have the power... since his post here there have been two (2) more impedance models added to the line 147Ω and 275Ω. Here are other posts where he mentions them: Post #1 and Post #2

A brief description directly from @ClieOS: "a little bit on the bright and analytical side, but not strictly a reference flat sound. Overall a very good sounding earbud for the price and could have almost compete with earbuds double the price."
Glad i'm not the only person that's using earbuds on utws3's haha. I just picked up a second pair to permanently keep a pair on. Thanks for all the recommendations, lots of new stuff on my radar.

May 25, 2021 at 1:09 AM Post #54,310 of 75,297
Then I guess I'll need to upgrade my sources. I currently use my earbuds either directly on my phone (OnePlus 5T) or through a Sonata HD Pro.
they're sensitive enough to be driven by my motorola one ace. Use it as a dap that I can watch memes on :). A sonata HD pro would work totally fine, and is what I used prior to picking up a qudelix, but they're driven to a comfortable volume by just 3.5 on a phone. Often use it in bed and I can't be assed to lose an adapter underneath my bed.

May 25, 2021 at 2:41 AM Post #54,311 of 75,297
they're sensitive enough to be driven by my motorola one ace. Use it as a dap that I can watch memes on :). A sonata HD pro would work totally fine, and is what I used prior to picking up a qudelix, but they're driven to a comfortable volume by just 3.5 on a phone. Often use it in bed and I can't be assed to lose an adapter underneath my bed.
The only problem with OnePlus 5T and Sonata HD will be fast drain of 3300mAh battery. Of course, the best solution so far has been offered by LG with its integrated QuadDAC chip, but recently the LG company decided to stop further development and production of mobile devices. Another non-budget solution are Sony Xperia 1 lineup or a bit budget friendly Xperia 5 and 10 lineup.
This year, many smartphone companies have started competing with each other in the term of larger battery capacity. There are currently several budget phones that would be a great solution for use with any dongle DAC / AMP.
- Samsung Galaxy M51, M62, F62 (7000mAh)
- Motorola Moto G60, G10 Power, G40 Fusion (6000mAh)
and of course there are many 5000mAh models

May 25, 2021 at 2:53 AM Post #54,312 of 75,297
Hi Friends. I am looking for 1-2 earbuds to buy. I already have FiiO EM3S, Monk+, Yincraow X6, Musicmaker TP 16, Nicehck B40, and FAAEL Iris. I also had **** MS500. That was Ok too but lost. And had EdifierP180 too but that is lost too. All were/are with Mic only. Monk+ I bought 2nd time and it is also broken. Yincrow Mic does no work anymore. FiiO is good but I found that the cable is not that good and tangle a lot. Is there any suggestions which has at par sound quality of TP16 and Iris. I liked these two really much. Yincrow sound is good too but it is broken. Mic is most important factor for me to buy. I like Warm sound with good details and not harsh . And good Bass or even sub-bass is good. I wanted to buy TY Hi-Z 32 especially the red cable one but none is available with Mic. My budget is not very high so $5 to 15-20 is good range though. Thanks.

Last edited:
May 25, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #54,313 of 75,297
Hi Friends. I am looking for 1-2 earbuds to buy. I already have FiiO EM3S, Monk+, Yincraow X6, Musicmaker TP 16, Nicehck B40, and FAAEL Iris. I also had **** MS500. That was Ok too but lost. And had EdifierP180 too but that is lost too. All were/are with Mic only. Monk+ I bought 2nd time and it is also broken. Yincrow Mic does no work anymore. FiiO is good but I found that the cable is not that good and tangle a lot. Is there any suggestions which has at par sound quality of TP16 and Iris. I liked these two really much. Yincrow sound is good too but it is broken. Mic is most important factor for me to buy. I like Warm sound with good details and not harsh . And good Bass or even sub-bass is good. I wanted to buy TY Hi-Z 32 especially the red cable one but none is available with Mic. My budget is not very high so $5 to 15-20 is good range though. Thanks.

I was considering KBear Stellar but seems the reviews are not that great so I am not sure. The comparison was done with the earbuds I do not have so not sure if it is good or not?

May 25, 2021 at 3:06 AM Post #54,314 of 75,297
May 25, 2021 at 3:20 AM Post #54,315 of 75,297

Users who are viewing this thread

Back