Earbuds Round-Up
May 4, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #53,761 of 75,472
The "black-white" version i guess, the other 2 are definitely too expensive for me.
Gotcha; the Ks Bell-Ti Onmyoji 30Ω aka "New Black & White Little Bell" which by the way is actually aluminum not titanium. Thus explaining the lower cost compared to the two (2) other models in this line the 32Ω & 120Ω "Titanium Lings".

Regarding the treble of the Bell-Ti Onmyoji it is nearly if not exactly the same as the Bell-Ti 120Ω. Where the difference comes in between these two models is in the bass which is looser on the Onmyoji (not as tight or detailed but not horribly so) and the mid-range which is livelier on the Onmyoji which some find to be more favorable for certain types of vocals.

Last edited:
May 4, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #53,762 of 75,472
Gotcha; the Ks Bell-Ti Onmyoji 30Ω aka "New Black & White Little Bell" which by the way is actually aluminum not titanium.

Regarding the treble of the Bell-Ti Onmyoji it is nearly if not exactly the same as Bell-Ti 120Ω. Where the difference comes in between the two models is in the bass which is looser on the Onmyoji (not as tight or detailed but not horribly so) and the mid-range which is livelier on the Onmyoji which some find to be more favorable for certain types of vocals.
Does it have more bass quantity that results in it being looser as well? I wouldnt mind it, if it was similar like the Yincrow X6 bass lol.

Do you know how the Bell-WE compares vs the onmyoji? I would want something with a more sub-bass focus (since the RW-2000 is mid-bass focused) and with a treble similar to the Chaconne or the RW-2000. Not like the Turandot with its shouty treble and unnatural timbre....

May 4, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #53,763 of 75,472
Does it have more bass quantity that results in it being looser as well? I wouldnt mind it, if it was similar like the Yincrow X6 bass lol.

Do you know how the Bell-WE compares vs the onmyoji? I would want something with a more sub-bass focus (since the RW-2000 is mid-bass focused) and with a treble similar to the Chaconne or the RW-2000. Not like the Turandot with its shouty treble and unnatural timbre....
Very good question. No the bass isn't more pronounced or even lower... maybe just a tad faster perhaps. The Bell-Ti 120Ω is more smooth and relaxed where the Bell-Ti Onmyoji is livelier.

Unfortunately, I have yet to listen to the Ks Bell-We 158Ω (aka "New White Ling E") in either the Standard or Bass version.

I know you were very disappointed in the •••• Audio Turandot but I wonder if you might have been unlucky and gotten a lemon as I really do like my Turandots and have not experienced any treble or timbre issues with them at all as you describe. Perhaps they changed drivers during production or something as I am rather sensitive to bad or bright treble... fatiguing me rather quickly followed immediately be either an earache or headache or both.

Last edited:
May 4, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #53,764 of 75,472
Not interested in them, sadly with buds there arent a lot of review units so everything is self bought. Not interested in getting something I suspect is a downgrade.
I had the Smabat ST10 S Gold for a while, best bass I´ve heard from an earbud, clean sounding, wide and airy soundstage...but there was this slight brightness and clinical characteristic to the sound that I couldn´t get over, when I purchased the Yincrow X6 and first listened to them I thought their mids were recessed compared to the Smabat which I didn´t like, but with further use I found myself reaching for the X6 every time because it was more organic and musical sounding to me, I sold the ST S Gold.

Would the RW 2000 be the natural upgrade path for an X6 lover? Is there enough sound quality difference to warrant purchasing them? TIA.

May 4, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #53,765 of 75,472
I had the Smabat ST10 S Gold for a while, best bass I´ve heard from an earbud, clean sounding, wide and airy soundstage...but there was this slight brightness and clinical characteristic to the sound that I couldn´t get over, when I purchased the Yincrow X6 and first listened to them I thought their mids were recessed compared to the Smabat which I didn´t like, but with further use I found myself reaching for the X6 every time because it was more organic and musical sounding to me, I sold the ST S Gold.

Would the RW 2000 be the natural upgrade path for an X6 lover? Is there enough sound quality difference to warrant purchasing them? TIA.
The RW-2000 is more mid-bassy than the X6 which is more sub-bass focused. Mids and treble are 100% an upgrade from the X6, but if you like the bass on the X6, the RW-2000 isnt guaranteed to satisfy you the same way the X6 does. (which is why I am still looking for a proper X6 upgrade as well...)

May 4, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #53,766 of 75,472
In my case, thanks to this one, has managed to let me buy buds for the moment, that's enough.

I get to enjoy my music collection with them.

IMG_20210504_181954.jpg

But ... I keep reading carefully ...

Last edited:
May 4, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #53,767 of 75,472

I would agree that the ST10s gold can have the occasional sharp edge (easily EQ'd), however they are on another level of performance compared to the X6 IMHO. The X6 sounds veiled in comparison. The Smabats have great detail and separation whilst the bass is awesome for buds. They also scale well with power whereas the X6 falls apart fairly quickly when you raise the volume and that good bass turns to mush. Just my $0.02. Shows how we all hear things differently!

May 5, 2021 at 12:25 AM Post #53,768 of 75,472
I would agree that the ST10s gold can have the occasional sharp edge (easily EQ'd), however they are on another level of performance compared to the X6 IMHO. The X6 sounds veiled in comparison. The Smabats have great detail and separation whilst the bass is awesome for buds. They also scale well with power whereas the X6 falls apart fairly quickly when you raise the volume and that good bass turns to mush. Just my $0.02. Shows how we all hear things differently!
Very well said. I will immediately admit that some may have more critical (better) hearing than I but besides that I do think that a major culprit worth considering is simply that the Smabat ST-10S "Black-Gold" does not always play well with certain music genres and thus may explain why some do not like their sound presentation and quickly chalk it up to poor tuning. Again, with that said, I do respect a number of our "experienced" comrades here on this thread and their solidly argued opinions and reviews against the Smabat ST-10S "Black-Gold" :wink:.

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 12:40 AM Post #53,769 of 75,472
I’m very sad to say, almost desperate (considering the money spent) but when listening to this full album:

I prefer the Rosemary way more than the Yincrow.
In the headphone world the Yincrow 2000 would be like an HD800 and the Rosemary more like an HD600.

Anyone interested in the Yincrow 2000 with 5 hours of use for half the price ?

Edit: Sorry forget what I wrote. Too much obsession and A\Bing and fast judgements. Yincrow is still awesome. It might be that this particular album is oddly mixed, etc.

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 3:42 AM Post #53,770 of 75,472
I’m very sad to say, almost desperate (considering the money spent) but when listening to this full album:

In the headphone world the Yincrow 2000 would be like an HD800 and the Rosemary more like an HD600.

Edit: Sorry forget what I wrote. Too much obsession and A\Bing and fast judgements. Yincrow is still awesome. It might be that this particular album is oddly mixed, etc.

For suppressing the treble and enhancing the bass of the Yincrow RW-2000, you can try double foams or a copper cable like the one below.
www.aliexpress.com/item/32974773971.html
www.aliexpress.com/item/32977455076.html

Edit: That albumn performance is probably only suitable for fairly warm earbuds, as the treble is too strong.

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 3:54 AM Post #53,771 of 75,472

That kind of genre (classical/acoustic) isnt very suited for the RW-2000 though with its warm and mid-bassy tuning. Something like the Moondrop Chaconne would suit it more.

May 5, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #53,772 of 75,472
May 5, 2021 at 7:01 AM Post #53,773 of 75,472
That kind of genre (classical/acoustic) isnt very suited for the RW-2000 though with its warm and mid-bassy tuning. Something like the Moondrop Chaconne would suit it more.
Honestly, if there was more warmth and mid bassiness it would make it easier in this case as I find the Yincrow too sharp and thin in this album.

May 5, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #53,774 of 75,472
Honestly, if there was more warmth and mid bassiness it would make it easier in this case as I find the Yincrow too sharp and thin in this album.
Interesting, I wouldnt think something like that would need to be warmer. Usually with acoustic/classic music you actually want a somewhat brighter tonality and with a thinner rather than thick note-weight.

May 5, 2021 at 7:14 AM Post #53,775 of 75,472
Interesting, I wouldnt think something like that would need to be warmer. Usually with acoustic/classic music you actually want a somewhat brighter tonality and with a thinner rather than thick note-weight.
I hear what you say. Most people think that too. But the fact is that classical music in general is already “too thin” so to speak. Which is why a good bass is very important to it. Of course, too much of a bloom or bloodiness over the mids is not good neither.
And very often the audio recording lends itself to more harshness as a perfect balance and control is harder and more costly to achieve from a production perspective.
Also the very nature of classical music makes it hard to be tonally soothing with its huge variety of timber, volume (dynamics) and tone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back