Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 13, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #53,386 of 75,254
First impression?
With donuts foams nice bass, good vocal, comfortable high frequencies are not accented. Emphasis on the middle vocal and low frequencies. After change stock cable, high frequencies have improved in quality.

Apr 14, 2021 at 3:58 AM Post #53,388 of 75,254
Any ksearphone onmyoji users here? The black white version? Cant seem to tell which is the left and right earpiece for the earbuds. TIA

Apr 14, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #53,392 of 75,254
Ive been testing the Onmyoji’s for about an hour now and there’s one thing bothering me. While the sound quality is amazing, there’s one thing Ive noticed. The metal that’s behind the earbud jack is kind of loose.. You can spin it around and thankfully it wont come off. The thing that’s bothering me though is that the said metal, when you spin it, is kind of rough, the texture of it is rough and you can feel it when you spin the metal. This is kind of hard to explain but Ive posted a pic of the said metal. Hopefully you guys can shed some light on this as its one of the best earbuds, if not the best earbud I currently have.

Attachments

• 3A6403A0-579B-4DF3-BC96-309B0C017989.jpeg
    3A6403A0-579B-4DF3-BC96-309B0C017989.jpeg
    829 KB · Views: 0
Apr 14, 2021 at 6:24 AM Post #53,393 of 75,254
Ive been testing the Onmyoji’s for about an hour now and there’s one thing bothering me. While the sound quality is amazing, there’s one thing Ive noticed. The metal that’s behind the earbud jack is kind of loose.. You can spin it around and thankfully it wont come off. The thing that’s bothering me though is that the said metal, when you spin it, is kind of rough, the texture of it is rough and you can feel it when you spin the metal. This is kind of hard to explain but Ive posted a pic of the said metal. Hopefully you guys can shed some light on this as its one of the best earbuds, if not the best earbud I currently have.
Oh no... Just... Don't spin it?

Apr 14, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #53,395 of 75,254

Is the metal barrel free spinning or does it spin and unscrew itself? Usually the plug section is screwed into the metal barrel, which is the plug cover.

Is it possible to turn it in until it fully tightens?

Apr 14, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #53,396 of 75,254
It happens on some plugs. The cover is just screwed on I think, pull out the plug from the device, and turn the cover clockwise with the plug facing as you pictured it, while holding the connector end with the other hand. It is like a screw cap. It may not move smoothly, because it is crowded inside with those cables. Dont force it.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #53,397 of 75,254
Is the metal barrel free spinning or does it spin and unscrew itself? Usually the plug section is screwed into the metal barrel, which is the plug cover.

Is it possible to turn it in until it fully tightens?
Thanks! I think its fixed now, but it doesn’t really fully tighten itself. Fortunately, there is no longer a sort of space that’s visible like the pic I posted before.

Attachments

• 50F05A5E-C645-4074-86DB-C866584E8F5F.jpeg
    50F05A5E-C645-4074-86DB-C866584E8F5F.jpeg
    692.7 KB · Views: 0
Apr 14, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #53,398 of 75,254
Thanks! I think its fixed now, but it doesn’t really fully tighten itself. Fortunately, there is no longer a sort of space that’s visible like the pic I posted before.

That's great! Just as @earfanatic mentioned, some manufacturers choose not to glue these 2 parts together, so you can somewhat unscrew it. I have another Ksearphone, the K300 Samsara, which does this as well.

I can tell the metal barrel on your Onmyoji looks quite slim, so the rough rubbing sensation is likely caused by the cables rubbing on the inner walls of the barrel. As long as it is tightened in place (without gap) and you don't screw and unscrew it too much, it shouldn't be a big problem.

Apr 14, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #53,399 of 75,254
That's great! Just as @earfanatic mentioned, some manufacturers choose not to glue these 2 parts together, so you can somewhat unscrew it. I have another Ksearphone, the K300 Samsara, which does this as well.

I can tell the metal barrel on your Onmyoji looks quite slim, so the rough rubbing sensation is likely caused by the cables rubbing on the inner walls of the barrel. As long as it is tightened in place (without gap) and you don't screw and unscrew it too much, it shouldn't be a big problem.
Yeah. Is it okay though that it won’t fully tightened itself? The good thing is that it doesnt have the gap anymore, but you can still spin the barrel even when it doesn’t have the gap anymore. Thanks again! 😊

Apr 14, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #53,400 of 75,254
Yeah. Is it okay though that it won’t fully tightened itself? The good thing is that it doesnt have the gap anymore, but you can still spin the barrel even when it doesn’t have the gap anymore. Thanks again! 😊

I think there are a few Onmyoji owners here. Another member just bought a set not too long ago. Hopefully he sees your posts and can chime in on this. But if this spinning thing affects you enough, you should definitely check with the seller and see what they recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back