Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 23, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #52,516 of 75,492
T

I'll just leave this stuff in my cart for a few weeks then - not like they'd be here anytime soon anyway:darthsmile:. Thanks for the info! Looking forward to the RW2000 & Dendroaspis and getting to hear what a big boy earbud can do.
I might buy the RW-2000 as well, not really interested in anything else at the moment....

Feb 23, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #52,519 of 75,492
After having tried EBX21 ... will you buy a personal unit? or is it not so addictive?
I guess I will ask for a review unit first but if I get declined I will probably buy it myself during the sale.

Hoping that the RW-2000 has a similar bass to the X6.

Feb 23, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #52,520 of 75,492
Well... I added the RW-2000 back into the cart. So I guess it's either RW-2000 or the RW-1000 Bass Edition and LBBs. I have till this weekend to think about it though.
I would love to find a comparison between these (RW1000 vs RW2000) as well

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #52,521 of 75,492
NiceHCK DIY MX500s in, been listening to them a bit today.

Tuning: I would call it mildly mid-forward (can be somewhat shouty at times) but with decent air and sparkle up in the treble. Decent bass extension for an earbud, I guess, but worse than even the worst of IEMs. That's a given, though. The relative lack of bass does make these sound very thin and hollow compared to an IEM, though, and instruments simply lack a lot of body. They respond well to EQ, though. You could add 3-4dB of midbass and they do handle it well.

Soundstage: Friggin massive for a tiny $10 earbud. It competes with semi open over ears I've heard, like the Samson SR850 I have. Very impressive. Certainly bigger than the KZ ZAX.

Detail retrieval: Decent for the price range. I've heard the KZ ZST which also go for $10 and I think these are slightly more resolving.

Imaging: Not awful but it is somewhat fuzzy and smeary. Definitely can't compete with multi driver hybrids.

Design: The MX500 shell is very very ugly to me. Nice paint job, though. I have the glittery blue ones. And a surprisingly good cable for, again, just 10 bucks.

Overall, these won't be making my IEMs retire anytime soon. But for $10? Excellent to have just for the amazing soundstage, or just for having a different form factor option. Money well spent even for an earbud skeptic like myself.

Feb 23, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #52,522 of 75,492
NiceHCK DIY MX500s in, been listening to them a bit today.

Tuning: I would call it mildly mid-forward (can be somewhat shouty at times) but with decent air and sparkle up in the treble. Decent bass extension for an earbud, I guess, but worse than even the worst of IEMs. That's a given, though. The relative lack of bass does make these sound very thin and hollow compared to an IEM, though, and instruments simply lack a lot of body. They respond well to EQ, though. You could add 3-4dB of midbass and they do handle it well.

Soundstage: Friggin massive for a tiny $10 earbud. It competes with semi open over ears I've heard, like the Samson SR850 I have. Very impressive. Certainly bigger than the KZ ZAX.

Detail retrieval: Decent for the price range. I've heard the KZ ZST which also go for $10 and I think these are slightly more resolving.

Imaging: Not awful but it is somewhat fuzzy and smeary. Definitely can't compete with multi driver hybrids.

Design: The MX500 shell is very very ugly to me. Nice paint job, though. I have the glittery blue ones. And a surprisingly good cable for, again, just 10 bucks.

Overall, these won't be making my IEMs retire anytime soon. But for $10? Excellent to have just for the amazing soundstage, or just for having a different form factor option. Money well spent even for an earbud skeptic like myself.
If you want iem bass without sacrificing everything else, get the Yincrow X6. You be surprised.

Feb 23, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #52,524 of 75,492
Which is the least shouty yet detailed bud out there?
If you sit quietly in your house and listen to music, I would recommend the expensive and heavy MoonDrop Chaconnne.
If you listen to music outside the house on foot, I would recommend the less expensive and lighter Edifier H185.
Both are smaller shells than the MX500.
And both seem to be available on Amazon.com.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #52,525 of 75,492
I wish usa had easier access...
There are also Penon Audio and Rholupat which ship to USA. I placed an order with Penon last week (during Chinese new year) and the earbuds only took 2 days to arrive from Hong Kong to America. I placed an order with Rholupat this afternoon so we'll see how that one goes.

Feb 23, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #52,527 of 75,492
I bought my RW-2000 after reading a lot of Chinese reviews from people who own both earbuds, that the RW-2000 is a clear and noticeable upgrade from RW-1000, in sound signature and technicalities.

Most of them mentioned that the RW-2000 improves in bass quantity and fuller sounding mids, thus making it more balanced sounding than RW-1000.
Also, the strength of RW-1000, the crisp treble, remains present in RW-2000 with a good sense of transparency and airiness.

IMO, RW-2000's price during big sales period on Aliexpress is a very good buy.
It has no real weakness and is suited for a lot more music genres than RW-1000, which is more treble focused.
The included cable with RW-2000 is also of nice quality, soft, tangle-free, not too heavy.
Also, the various terminations 2.5mm, 3.5mm & 4.4mm all cost the same.
Did they compare it with the RW-1000 or the RW-1000 bass pro version though?

Feb 23, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #52,529 of 75,492
Got home to find a DHL parcel on my front porch, my order from Penon arrived!! I rip open the package like a 7 year old on Christmas morning and am greeted by two small boxes: one for a pair of Earbud Anonymous and the other contained a pair of Smabat ST10S (silver). I spent awhile with each and have one question for you guys: does anyone want to buy a pair of ST10s?

😅🤣😂🤣😂

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #52,530 of 75,492
Got home to find a DHL parcel on my front porch, my order from Penon arrived!! I rip open the package like a 7 year old on Christmas morning and am greeted by two small boxes: one for a pair of Earbud Anonymous and the other contained a pair of Smabat ST10s (silver). I spent a few minutes with each and just have one be question for you guys: does anyone want to buy a pair of ST10s?

😅🤣😂🤣😂
shipping would cost too much ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back