Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 21, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #52,471 of 75,470
Which ones have you tried so far? I've like the Faael Snow Lotus CE and Faeel Datura Pro (good with eq). I do wish Amazon had more options as I'm pretty impatient with shipping.
Haven't tried any yet, just now dabbling into Earbuds.

I got a fiio em5 on the way, to try out. (I've been advised against them, but I can return easily, so not scared)

My fear is that (I'm sensitive to 2k to 6k peaks and shoutyness)
Yet at the same time I want a detailed, resolving listen, couldn't care for bass at all. I just want good layering

So idk what to try. Reading up as much as I can.but I'm short on ideas.
When I ask the more experienced folks, they each recommend a different bud.

Feb 21, 2021 at 11:18 PM Post #52,472 of 75,470
When I ask the more experienced folks, they each recommend a different bud.
Pretty much always happens when it comes to recommendations.

Unfortunately earbuds are most definitely (and initially) a trial-by-error experience as are headphones in general actually... being everyone's tastes, preferences, and ear anatomy are different. Luckily earbuds (and very, very good performing ones) are modestly priced in comparison to iems and full-size headphones. I would suggest you buy one PK shell and one MX shell type to see what your ears prefer size/fit wise and work from there before even chasing a particular signature type. Though I do imagine that most, if not all, of the earbuds that have been recommended to you thus far are probably safe bets for you to test and/or will at least get you pointed in the right direction. Please note, there is also a strong/healthy earbud trade/sell market as well.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2021 at 11:24 PM Post #52,473 of 75,470
Pretty much always happens when it comes to recommendations.

Unfortunately earbuds are most definitely (and initially) a trial-by-error experience as are headphones in general actually... being everyone's tastes, preferences, and anatomy are different. Luckily earbuds (and very, very good performing ones) are modestly priced in comparison to iems and full-size headphones. I would suggest you buy one PK shell and one MX shell type to see what your ears prefer size/fit wise and work from there before even chasing a particular signature type. Though I do imagine that most, if not all, of the earbuds that have been recommended to you thus far are probably safe bets for you to test and/or will at least get you pointed in the right direction. Please note, there is also a strong/healthy earbud trade/sell market as well.
Awesome
Where do I find the sell/buy stuff for earbuds. The section here on headfi is very short when it comes to buds.

What are the cheapest mx and pk stuff I can try from Amazon, so local crap, just so I can see what fits?
I used to wear iems, customs and universal fit, I'm not picky about the fit really.
I am Picky about the sound
While I want details and layering, I want it to be dark and peak free, no shoutyness, slow transients if you will.

Feb 22, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #52,474 of 75,470
Anyone have any information on this Bud:
Ksearphone Model: Bell-We. Seems there is a regular and bass edition. Impedance: 158Ω Sensitivity: 104dB/mW
Here's the link to Ali
Cheaper than the Bell-Ti. Thoughts?
Good catch, never seen these before. Must be a new 2021 model falling in between the "New Little Bells" and the "Blue Bell" model lines (2020 Ksearphone Bell-LBs and 2020 Ksearphone Bell-Blue).

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2021 at 1:49 AM Post #52,475 of 75,470
Good catch, never seen these before. Must be a new 2021 model falling in between the "New Little Bells" and the "Blue Bell" model lines (2020 Ksearphone Bell-LBs and 2020 Ksearphone Bell-Blue).

I saw a listing of that and it was put up 7 months ago. Very interesting that the bell has so many iterations. I enjoyed the K's 300 Samsara when I had them, but never got into the bell series.

Feb 22, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #52,476 of 75,470
I saw a listing of that and it was put up 7 months ago. Very interesting that the bell has so many iterations. I enjoyed the K's 300 Samsara when I had them, but never got into the bell series.
So a late 2020 model... completely missed that somehow :thinking: Thank you for the info.

Feb 22, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #52,478 of 75,470
Been trying to get a bunch of various earbuds off Amazon, but they really don't have much options, at least with a lot of th models often discussed here.

I was trying to use Amazon for the easy return and to get a taste of different signatures in the earbud world.
I've tried the FAAEAL Snow Lotus 1.0 and 1+ (both just a hair over $10) and really do like them both. I'd say the 1.0 has a little more sparkle and definitely more soundstage whereas the 1+ is a little more balanced. Also, the 1+ has a 4ft cable that is not very friendly for OTG use. I also snagged a pair of Edifier 185 and 190 but they both went back immediately. Possibly my fault for not giving them a fair shot, but they both were just way too shouty in the treble for me, and it felt like the 1.0 had a similar presentation but more refinement overall. The monks are a pretty safe bet as well, I know they can be polarizing but I think it might just be a QC issue, as I hated them the last time I owned a pair (from Massdrop 2 years ago) but the new set sounds much better. YMMV, obvs.

Edit: Amazon also carries the K's LB and LB-S but $40/$65 is more than I want to spend on a whim...but we'll see how I feel next week lol

Edit #2: Forgot but I also ordered a pair of FAAEAL Datura Pros from Amazon but forgot since they're apparently on the slow boat from China and I don't have them yet. I'm nervous about these as it sounds like they're pretty garbage without EQ and I don't mess around with EQ on my phone for portable use - so these may be going back.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #52,480 of 75,470
I've read some reviews but I don't know if it is worth spending more for the RW-2000 vs RW-1000 Bass Edition. I kind of want to try that style of shell.
Comfort and fit is good for me. You can wear them over ear or hanging. I get best fit and sound over. Can't tell you how different they sound, but the blue is a deal breaker for me.

Feb 22, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #52,482 of 75,470
Actually very excited about the NiceHCK DIY MX500s coming my way tomorrow or the day after. I've never had earbuds that didn't sound like trash, but everyone raves about these, so I'm hoping they change my mind.

I like a bit more the RY4S Plus, because I think the bass is slightly better, but you can be sure that it's a really well spent money. They're really good.

Feb 22, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #52,483 of 75,470
Anyone have any information on this Bud:
Ksearphone Model: Bell-We. Seems there is a regular and bass edition. Impedance: 158Ω Sensitivity: 104dB/mW
Here's the link to Ali
Cheaper than the Bell-Ti. Thoughts?

So a late 2020 model... completely missed that somehow :thinking: Thank you for the info.

According to the listing, Yes. But it can also be earlier. There is only one listing of it at that platform, so it is harder to verify.
Just realized that these are the "New White Ling (Bell)", replacing the original 2017 Ksearphone w/ Final Acoustics "White Ling (Bell)" (195Ω), and they come in two versions:

Ksearphone 白铃 Bell-We (aka "White Ling E") - Standard Version (158Ω)
Ksearphone 白铃 Bell-We (aka "White Ling E") - Bass Version (158Ω)

As @palestofwhite has intimated, this model was released in mid-2020 along with another replacement model the "New Little Bell" (Ksearphone Bell-LBBs aka "Little Bell S" 30Ω) which replaced the original 2018 Ksearphone Bell-LBB "Little Bell" (30Ω).

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #52,484 of 75,470
Feb 22, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #52,485 of 75,470
I've tried the FAAEAL Snow Lotus 1.0 and 1+ (both just a hair over $10) and really do like them both. I'd say the 1.0 has a little more sparkle and definitely more soundstage whereas the 1+ is a little more balanced. Also, the 1+ has a 4ft cable that is not very friendly for OTG use. I also snagged a pair of Edifier 185 and 190 but they both went back immediately. Possibly my fault for not giving them a fair shot, but they both were just way too shouty in the treble for me, and it felt like the 1.0 had a similar presentation but more refinement overall. The monks are a pretty safe bet as well, I know they can be polarizing but I think it might just be a QC issue, as I hated them the last time I owned a pair (from Massdrop 2 years ago) but the new set sounds much better. YMMV, obvs.

Edit: Amazon also carries the K's LB and LB-S but $40/$65 is more than I want to spend on a whim...but we'll see how I feel next week lol

Edit #2: Forgot but I also ordered a pair of FAAEAL Datura Pros from Amazon but forgot since they're apparently on the slow boat from China and I don't have them yet. I'm nervous about these as it sounds like they're pretty garbage without EQ and I don't mess around with EQ on my phone for portable use - so these may be going back.
Do you have a link for the K's? I've been trying to find a domestic source forever.

If you have an android phone, wavelet makes things pretty easy. Plus SamL has even built a EQ config for them. Otherwise, it really is a struggle on iOS devices

Users who are viewing this thread

Back