Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 8, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #52,291 of 75,279
I ordered the BLON BL03s and I can't for the life of me to get them to fit, but the sound is exactly what im looking for. Are there any buds anyone can recommend under the same budget and sound? I've been recommended Hifi Boy Dream so far so if there's no advances on that I'll give them a go. My preference would to be able to order from somewhere like amazon so I can do easy/free returns if they don't fit/I don't like the sound.

Feb 8, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #52,292 of 75,279
I ordered the BLON BL03s and I can't for the life of me to get them to fit, but the sound is exactly what im looking for. Are there any buds anyone can recommend under the same budget and sound? I've been recommended Hifi Boy Dream so far so if there's no advances on that I'll give them a go. My preference would to be able to order from somewhere like amazon so I can do easy/free returns if they don't fit/I don't like the sound.
I say that the Yincrow X6 is the most similar, but of course both being different transducers, it is still going to be different (but I guess you know that).

Feb 8, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #52,293 of 75,279
on that note, sony doesnt have any new earbuds right?

Because I saw that there is a sony bud in a local store here.

The sony MDR-E9LPB, anyone know if it is good?

If it is, I kinda want it being a sony fanboy lol.
Sony MDR-E9LPB
■ LP: L-Type Plug
■ B: Black Shell Color
■ Debut Year: 2010
■ Driver/Diaphragm: 13.5mm open air dynamic dome type; PET (Mylar); Neodymium magnet
■ Impedance: 16Ω
■ Sensitivity: 104dB/mW
■ Frequency Response: 18-22,000Hz
■ Max Power Input: 100mW

I have listened to two different pairs on separate occasions and they both sounded horrendous to me. Baffling as they were not Sony-like at all; very disappointing. YEMV.

The newer rebadged same internals model MDR-E10LP is just as bad if not worse sounding!

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #52,294 of 75,279
Sony MDR-E9LPB
■ Driver/Diaphragm: 13.5mm open air dynamic dome type; PET (Mylar); Neodymium magnet

I have listened to two different pairs on separate occasions and they both sounded horrendous to me. Baffling as they were not Sony-like at all; very disappointing. YEMV.

The newer rebadged same internals model MDR-E10LP is just as bad if not worse sounding!
I suspected that. The ratings on the store was bad lol. (I did think it was due to the people here mostly wanting beats/mainstream like sound lol.)

Feb 8, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #52,295 of 75,279
....omg

1612800474753.png

AKG, seriously why....those are IEMS!!! NOT EARBUDS!!!!

Feb 8, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #52,296 of 75,279
Sony MDR-E9LPB

MDR-E9LPB is one of the ugliest earbuds I have ever seen. And not only do they not sound like Sony, but the design itself is hilarious.
12ac8303aafb37e92d78933bffbca8fd_medium.jpg

It reminds me of those "gummy", "bubble" or whatever they called, series, coated with rubber in several colors.
MDR-E10LPB are a little nicer especially with all these combinations. I can bet this model can be bought in any candy shop. :wink:
MDR-E10LP.jpg

This one (JVC GUMMY HAF160) I tried ... 10 seconds and .... no comment. Colors palette are spectacular :joy: All these versions sound the same but taste different :wink:
JVC.png

And the winner is Panasonic without doubt. Looks like gum
lMYBisGSppGnT7A1LqgjS38Mo8SZaqMausJJj7RHOn4EatJJw0gzJ5vRS3ZIQ1e7feJDaJI-5KkmcDVv6e2T-FehDdAiSfds268CH9g

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #52,297 of 75,279
....omg

When it comes to AKG I can freely say that the Y16A is one of the nice looking models - elegant form with precise arc contours. It is a pity that the sound quality is not at a higher level. Treble centric buds for sure.
Y16A.jpg
Y16A_.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #52,298 of 75,279
I say that the Yincrow X6 is the most similar, but of course both being different transducers, it is still going to be different (but I guess you know that).

Yeah they seem widely recommended, was hoping for something with a nicer material but I don't think you can really complain at that price. Would you still say X6 over the RW-9 if I prioritise bass? I do like a little rumble.

Feb 8, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #52,299 of 75,279
Yeah they seem widely recommended, was hoping for something with a nicer material but I don't think you can really complain at that price. Would you still say X6 over the RW-9 if I prioritise bass? I do like a little rumble.
The RW-9 has more bass quantity than the X6 but at the cost of some quality to me. If that is fine for you, then go ahead with the RW-9 (it also has a better cable).

Feb 8, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #52,300 of 75,279

I have ry4s plus, it has quite nice bass. But like Blon BL3 .... no.

Feb 8, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #52,301 of 75,279
I have ry4s plus, it has quite nice bass. But like Blon BL3 .... no.
Ok here we go again :shark: vs :dolphin:
I agree.:thumbsup: You compare buds that are 3 times cheaper than BL-03.
This is a great example because the BL-03 is almost 3 times better

Now let's compare earphones with similar hardware. DX5 vs BL-03.
Both models have DLC driver, metal shell. The main difference is that the DX5 is three times more expensive but in terms of sound quality (tuning), it is 1/3 of BL-03.
RY4S Plus is still champion with everything it offers for less than $10

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #52,302 of 75,279
the comparison with bl3 is only because you have indicated that you are looking for such a sound. But I can't give you the reason in this case. Regardless of the price, blon is reinforced in bass, but that is not synonymous with it being better. you have others at the same or similar price that sound just as good without those bass. It depends on your tastes. In my case, I can live without the swollen bass perfectly, and when I feel like something more forceful I look for blon or others (which for me there are better in this field).

Feb 8, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #52,303 of 75,279
the comparison with bl3 is only because you have indicated that you are looking for such a sound. But I can't give you the reason in this case. Regardless of the price, blon is reinforced in bass, but that is not synonymous with it being better. you have others at the same or similar price that sound just as good without those bass. It depends on your tastes. In my case, I can live without the swollen bass perfectly, and when I feel like something more forceful I look for blon or others (which for me there are better in this field).
To explain why I love this shark, it would take a long time and I think I would break the rule of this forum because this is a thread about dolphins.
Sometimes I'm afraid to turn up the sound on the sharks because I'm afraid they'll bite off my ears :wink:

Feb 8, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #52,304 of 75,279
Feb 8, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #52,305 of 75,279
....omg

1612800474753.png

This is a very common issue, even on other audio manufacturer sites and on audio forums. I've seen a lot of folks interchangably using the terms IEMs, earbuds, earphones as an umbrella term to refer to any audio gear.

I guess only us folks in this thread will get worked up over the wrong terminology hahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back