Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 7, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #5,162 of 75,540
Jun 7, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #5,164 of 75,540

Would you recommend Cygnus over getting one of these?

cygnus with its low resistance is probably going to be easier to drive than these higher impedance buds, but cygnus is harder to amp for that reason too. depends on your needs & wants

That's why i use impedance adapter with cygnus and Ting :)

Jun 7, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #5,166 of 75,540

That's why i use impedance adapter with cygnus and Ting :)

What's your preferred adapter?
I was thinking about building some with 3.5mm female-female connectors.

I use DUNU 75/150 Ohms adapter with Ting and Cygnus, but not with Zen or Dark horse earbuds.

Jun 7, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #5,167 of 75,540
Thanks for the info!

I will probably just grab a lot of resistors as they cost literally pennies each, and I can get a big pack of these for a couple dollars, make myself all the impedance adapters I want for easier amp use :)

Jun 7, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #5,168 of 75,540
Well, ordered Edimun, I want to try them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
20943571354_5c68ef1215.jpg

Jun 7, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #5,170 of 75,540
  really interested, how is the fit? tomahawk sometimes have tricky fit because of the size
also, hows the 150ohm drivebility?

The fit is definitely better than the Tomahawks. GSG BBS uses Yuin/Cygnus housing, which is smaller compared to the standard MX500 and the Tomahawks housing. 

As for drivebility, I can't say for sure because I am either using them with my Xduo X3 alone or with some other Taobao Amp. 

Jun 7, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #5,171 of 75,540
  Thanks for the info!

I will probably just grab a lot of resistors as they cost literally pennies each, and I can get a big pack of these for a couple dollars, make myself all the impedance adapters I want for easier amp use :)

where do you buy them?

Jun 7, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #5,172 of 75,540
The fit is definitely better than the Tomahawks. GSG BBS uses Yuin/Cygnus housing, which is smaller compared to the standard MX500 and the Tomahawks housing. 

As for drivebility, I can't say for sure because I am either using them with my Xduo X3 alone or with some other Taobao Amp. 

In the end I might grab the Cygnus because of low impedance. No amp no high Z earbud. :frowning2:

Do you reckon Cygnus will be better upgrade or more side upgrade with better build / fit compared to hawks?

Jun 7, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #5,173 of 75,540
In the end I might grab the Cygnus because of low impedance. No amp no high Z earbud.
frown.gif

Do you reckon Cygnus will be better upgrade or more side upgrade with better build / fit compared to hawks?

What is it you don`t like about the Tomahawk that makes you want to upgrade? If you like the brighter sound, the Cygnus may be a "downgrade" to you. Also, the Cygnus is more sensitive than the Tomahawk and pretty much any other bud I`ve tested except for the Baldoor E100.

Jun 7, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #5,175 of 75,540
What is it you don`t like about the Tomahawk that makes you want to upgrade? If you like the brighter sound, the Cygnus may be a "downgrade" to you. Also, the Cygnus is more sensitive than the Tomahawk and pretty much any other bud I`ve tested except for the Baldoor E100.

Haha nothing actually. Tomahawk easily the best sounding of anything besides customs that I ever auditioned recently. It's just I'm pretty astonished by what earbud can offer. It open my eyes to how good sound it produces for small price. It made me wonder if I'm missing something up in the line.

But if theres anything I would complain is the fit. But I can live with it. Minor pain in ear after 2-3 hour is actually good measure that I shouldn't be listening for too long anyway.

There's also news that Cygnus might not always be available since they're limited NOS driver. I should grab one just for the sake of it.

My current iem is Soundmagic e80 and even that is brighter and sibilant prone Hawks just right to my ear. Perhaps I wish hawks mid could be a little bit sweeter? I have a hunch that hawks very scalable with source upgrade. I will look into auditioning a couple of dap in a few weeks

BTW Cygnus are bit tame in the upper department?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back