Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 21, 2020 at 6:16 AM Post #50,536 of 75,463
I will choose the Smabat M2 Pro :)

Does anyone know where to buy these earbuds with additional drivers at the best price during Black Friday?

The second thing - is it possible to buy a mmcx cable with a 2.5 mm plug to connect them to the balanced output?

U can find the drivers for sale on the Aliexpress "SMABAT store". I think they have a few different types of drivers available (and their purported effects on sound):

cbA4dzS.png

0yU467p.png

ytSOERu.png

Do remember to collect coupons and stack them on top of the discounted price for more savings! Yes u can use a 2.5 mm MMCX cable on the M2 Pro to get balanced output. Though I find the stock cable with the M2 Pro (3.5 mm) is already quite good haptically and sonically. Look forward to your different experiments with the various drivers, let us know how they sound!

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #50,538 of 75,463
Under 20 € the best earbud is BK2? Or what else do you recommend?

RY4S 300 ohm is not bad, U shaped, good timbre and tonality, but lacks subbass like most buds. Mids also a big congested, technicalities are not the best. But non fatiguing. It needs amping though as per the 300 ohm impedance.

Faaeal Datura Pro is a midcentric set, good for mid and vocal lovers. Good timbre. Technicalities average. Has subbass and higher treble roll off, so not that all rounder.

The beryllium wooden cheap earbud that @KeyStar recommends looks nice too. I ordered one on 11/11, yet to arrive.

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #50,539 of 75,463
Nov 21, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #50,540 of 75,463
Nov 21, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #50,543 of 75,463
RY4S 300 ohm is not bad, U shaped, good timbre and tonality, but lacks subbass like most buds. Mids also a big congested, technicalities are not the best. But non fatiguing. It needs amping though as per the 300 ohm impedance.

Faaeal Datura Pro is a midcentric set, good for mid and vocal lovers. Good timbre. Technicalities average. Has subbass and higher treble roll off, so not that all rounder.

The beryllium wooden cheap earbud that @KeyStar recommends looks nice too. I ordered one on 11/11, yet to arrive.
Yup
My Ry4s 300ohm is still in transit 😁

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #50,544 of 75,463

I'm looking at the **** store and you can get the Yincrow X6 + DIY Vido + KBEAR Stellar for less than $20 COMBINED. They're all that boring MX500 shell but that's still pretty good value. I'm of the belief that the best earbud is completely dependent on your ears and listening habits in this price range so the more quantity you can get to try out the better.

The best ones I've ever had under $20 were Qian39s, the 69s I can appreciate as probably being the better buds but I prefer the sound signature and ridiculous comfort of the 39s.

Edit: Apparently **** is censored on here? Not sure why but if you search Yincrow X6 on Ali then it's the seller that's sold 300+ of them.

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #50,545 of 75,463
I'm looking at the **** store and you can get the Yincrow X6 + DIY Vido + KBEAR Stellar for less than $20 COMBINED. They're all that boring MX500 shell but that's still pretty good value. I'm of the belief that the best earbud is completely dependent on your ears and listening habits in this price range so the more quantity you can get to try out the better.

The best ones I've ever had under $20 were Qian39s, the 69s I can appreciate as probably being the better buds but I prefer the sound signature and ridiculous comfort of the 39s.

Edit: Apparently **** is censored on here? Not sure why but if you search Yincrow X6 on Ali then it's the seller that's sold 300+ of them.

Thanks for the headsup.

Anyone has the Yincrow X6 to compare with the Yincrow RW9? Thanks in advance!

Nov 21, 2020 at 11:26 PM Post #50,546 of 75,463
I like the Bk2 but be aware that it has pretty lean almost analytical sound, especially for an earbud. It's pretty bass light as well. So the appeal of the bk2 will depend alot on what kind of music you listen too

Nov 21, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #50,547 of 75,463
Thanks for the headsup.

Anyone has the Yincrow X6 to compare with the Yincrow RW9? Thanks in advance!
RW9 is more fun, more v-shaped than X6. X6 actually sounds more balanced and a bit more mature/refined than rw9. Both have good amounts of bass, with a slight edge to the rw9. They are complimentary, so getting both has appeal. If I had to choose one, I'd go with the X6 (narrowly).

Nov 21, 2020 at 11:36 PM Post #50,548 of 75,463
Are we sure the rw9 is discontinued?

Screenshot_20201121-203340.png

I suppose those inventory numbers could also be bogus.

Nov 21, 2020 at 11:41 PM Post #50,549 of 75,463

I actually have 3 pairs of Qian39's for the reasons you might not expect. These are the best sleep-phones I've had, ever. Without the foam covers, everything sounds so light, airy and transparent when it comes to soft individual (ASMR) sounds that it's very easy to fall asleep with them in my ears. The shape also allows me to roll around my pillows with absolute comfort. I bought 3 pairs expecting one of them would break because I roll around my bed a lot and subconsciously yank the wires out of my ears when I'm asleep, so I don't baby these at all. But here I am, still on my first pair, expecting them to break after 1.2 years of usage.

With thick foams, the 39's sound technically pleasing. You can hear the bass, and technical capabilities of a clear midrange. However the foams that I love so much might actually be hindering the 39's ability to get that last 20%. The sub-bass sounds like I shoved a subwoofer into the closet, I can hear the rumble and punch but it's behind a hollow door thumping away.
Hold on.
Lemme grab my donuts.
Hello 20%!
The treble is still soft when it comes to instruments, but the treble is there specifically for vocals. The bass is nice and rumbly, and the midrange is very clear. However there's a 1-2khz bump that kind of takes the front stage and blocks the potential extension in the 2-3.5khz area.

I've also own 2, wait no sorry I own 1. 1 pair of Nicehck B40's because my cat stole the other one. The B40's are what they say an HD650 in an earbud and they very much are. Bass isn't its' strong suit but it's very smooth and warm, I prefer to use the B40's at my desktop.

I also own a pair of Yincrow RW9's. I dislike the emphasis of the 2-3khz area, I think it's too much. However I lowered these by 2-4db on my phone and now I love to use the RW9 at work. The treble is very airy, I remember having to spend $150 on headphones to get this same amount of air, and the sub-bass is satisfying too. Mids are relatively clear, not as clear as the Qian39's but they're a very fun earphone and they keep me awake at work. Not to mention the blue RW9 looks very good with orange foam covers.

Nov 22, 2020 at 1:29 AM Post #50,550 of 75,463
I actually have 3 pairs of Qian39's for the reasons you might not expect. These are the best sleep-phones I've had, ever. Without the foam covers, everything sounds so light, airy and transparent when it comes to soft individual (ASMR) sounds that it's very easy to fall asleep with them in my ears. The shape also allows me to roll around my pillows with absolute comfort. I bought 3 pairs expecting one of them would break because I roll around my bed a lot and subconsciously yank the wires out of my ears when I'm asleep, so I don't baby these at all. But here I am, still on my first pair, expecting them to break after 1.2 years of usage.

With thick foams, the 39's sound technically pleasing. You can hear the bass, and technical capabilities of a clear midrange. However the foams that I love so much might actually be hindering the 39's ability to get that last 20%. The sub-bass sounds like I shoved a subwoofer into the closet, I can hear the rumble and punch but it's behind a hollow door thumping away.
Hold on.
Lemme grab my donuts.
Hello 20%!
The treble is still soft when it comes to instruments, but the treble is there specifically for vocals. The bass is nice and rumbly, and the midrange is very clear. However there's a 1-2khz bump that kind of takes the front stage and blocks the potential extension in the 2-3.5khz area.

I've also own 2, wait no sorry I own 1. 1 pair of Nicehck B40's because my cat stole the other one. The B40's are what they say an HD650 in an earbud and they very much are. Bass isn't its' strong suit but it's very smooth and warm, I prefer to use the B40's at my desktop.

I also own a pair of Yincrow RW9's. I dislike the emphasis of the 2-3khz area, I think it's too much. However I lowered these by 2-4db on my phone and now I love to use the RW9 at work. The treble is very airy, I remember having to spend $150 on headphones to get this same amount of air, and the sub-bass is satisfying too. Mids are relatively clear, not as clear as the Qian39's but they're a very fun earphone and they keep me awake at work. Not to mention the blue RW9 looks very good with orange foam covers.
Thank you for sharing your observations, very helpful.

I agree with your characterizations of the rw9. Additionally, I've noticed a couple other things about that 2-3k region.

1. I agree that the rise is too agressive. It also highlights an interesting aspect of earbud pinna gain. The rw9 is +5.25dB from 1k to 2k. My current target curve places the rise from 1k to 2k at 2dB. It seems like it would be too small but thats what works best so far. (I'm officially at 5 interations of my curve, but unofficially I've plotted and generated files for around 10 or so variations.)

2. That 2k emphasis is even more forward because of the notch that follows at 3k.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back