Earbuds Round-Up
May 23, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #4,817 of 75,405
Any pics?

Haven't taken any picture yet, but it looks identical to Headphone Association 400ohm earbuds. The only difference is the Hi-Z logo on the earpiece.

May 23, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #4,819 of 75,405
  The Hi-Z 400ohm has arrived, here are its measurement against Headphone Association 400ohm, both naked as well as with foam:

The graphs pretty much shows how I have heard between them - without any foam, I like the Hi-Z a bit better, as it sounds more balanced to my ear while HA tends to be a bit more forward on the mid. With foam however, I prefer the HA a bit better as Hi-Z becomes a bit too smooth. But as you can see, the tuning is actually not that different between the two as both are both on the warmish, richer sounding side of things. Overall sound quality is pretty much on par as they have more similarity than difference.

Sifu, have you read this thread yet? 

Seems like the Hi-Z new 400Ohm is going to go into production soon.

And from what I have gathered from the threads, seems like people would recommend Hi-Z for a "brighter" and more "balanced" sound

May 23, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #4,820 of 75,405
  Sifu, have you read this thread yet? 

Seems like the Hi-Z new 400Ohm is going to go into production soon.

And from what I have gathered from the threads, seems like people would recommend Hi-Z for a "brighter" and more "balanced" sound

Let wait till it is actually out.

May 23, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #4,821 of 75,405
Anyone heard the Xiaomi capsule buds yet, very intriguing:

p000449-01.jpg

May 23, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #4,822 of 75,405
  Anyone heard the Xiaomi capsule buds yet, very intriguing:

That will be more of an IEM than an earbud. Besides, so far the feedback I have seen seems to pointing to a less-than-average sounding earphone.

May 24, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #4,823 of 75,405

That will be more of an IEM than an earbud. Besides, so far the feedback I have seen seems to pointing to a less-than-average sounding earphone.

Bummer... Shame Xiaomi can`t seem to recreate the magic of the piston series in other form factors.

May 24, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #4,824 of 75,405

I am eagerly waiting for Impedance adapters (75, 150, 200 Ohms).
I will test with cygnus, Ting all high end earbuds but with low impedance.
Let see how it goes :)

well on the ve monk thread, increase in impedance have no increment or decrement in sonic performance for the monks.

Let see, who knows i will get something different with my ting/cygnus/monk+, i am curious to know when i will use 200 Ohms adapter :)

May 24, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #4,825 of 75,405
Guys i got the Dunu adapters, 75, 150, 300 ohms, and yes there is difference.
It's early to say, let me do some testing with my frnds and my bro.

But for now, yes i feel better sound quality with these adapters, i used Cygnus & ting, Monk+ is at my home.

May 24, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #4,826 of 75,405

Let wait till it is actually out.

Yeah. But my biggest problem right now is to refrain myself from purchasing anymore buds and to save up for CampFred earbuds.......But Taobao is just soooooo damn tempting!!!!
  Let see, who knows i will get something different with my ting/cygnus/monk+, i am curious to know when i will use 200 Ohms adapter :)

The only time I use impedance adapters are when I need to use the LO of my Xduoo X3 into an Amp to avoid clipping

May 24, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #4,827 of 75,405
Listening to Porcupine Tree with my Ting on my ancient iRiver H120. Truly great pairing with wonderful synergy! Tomahawk is more engaging with it's more upfron sound but Ting is much more musical. Have to recommend the iRiver to anyone who wants good sound. They can easily be modded with CF cards and batteries can be changed relatively easily. You need Rockbox for CF mods to work but Rockbox easily beat most original firmwares. This 12 year old DAP with built in line out can easily compete with many current DAPs.

May 24, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #4,828 of 75,405
Listening to Porcupine Tree with my Ting on my ancient iRiver H120. Truly great pairing with wonderful synergy! Tomahawk is more engaging with it's more upfron sound but Ting is much more musical. Have to recommend the iRiver to anyone who wants good sound. They can easily be modded with CF cards and batteries can be changed relatively easily. You need Rockbox for CF mods to work but Rockbox easily beat most original firmwares. This 12 year old DAP with built in line out can easily compete with many current DAPs.
what about h320?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back