Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 26, 2020 at 6:35 AM Post #47,117 of 75,409
I won't regret paying the full price tag for Maria, and considered it a good deal since I got a good discount as part of the early buyers.

How goes the bass and micro detail?

Feb 26, 2020 at 6:46 AM Post #47,118 of 75,409
How goes the bass and micro detail?

Bass is adequate, which is basically how Rose earbuds usually are. It does require a good fit to show, so full foam pad is recommended. Micro detail is very good, well extended treble but not the brightest.

Feb 26, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #47,120 of 75,409
You know what the Snow Lotus 1.0 sonically reminds me of? Monk Plus.

The mids were dry, no wonder why I almost thought they were out of phase. At least it's miles better than the Monk plus, imagine it but with more slight bass and really nice treble performance. I still prefer the more robust 1.0+ sound. Might buy the Snow Lotus 2.0 and Iris 2.0 next time, since I'm really impressed by them.

Feb 26, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #47,121 of 75,409
You know what the Snow Lotus 1.0 sonically reminds me of? Monk Plus.

The mids were dry, no wonder why I almost thought they were out of phase. At least it's miles better than the Monk plus, imagine it but with more slight bass and really nice treble performance. I still prefer the more robust 1.0+ sound. Might buy the Snow Lotus 2.0 and Iris 2.0 next time, since I'm really impressed by them.

If u are a mids lover check out the FAAEAL Datura Pro. Very midcentric, with good timbre. But the roll off in the subbass makes it a bit too basslite for my basshead tastes. But I think those that want a neutral bass may appreciate it.

Feb 26, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #47,122 of 75,409
If u are a mids lover check out the FAAEAL Datura Pro. Very midcentric, with good timbre. But the roll off in the subbass makes it a bit too basslite for my basshead tastes. But I think those that want a neutral bass may appreciate it.
It's already on my buylist for an earbud that isn't an MX500 shell LOL, but I'm glad you recc'd that because I was gonna ask on what y'all thought about Datura Pros.

Feb 26, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #47,123 of 75,409
Both, Datura Pro and DX5 have the same issue with low end. Their speakers have a lot of potentials, but the poor venting system does not allow that potential to be displayed.
Obviously the lack of a rear vent causes a lack of sub-bass and narrow soundstage in most cases.

Feb 26, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #47,125 of 75,409
I think the TY Hi-Z 32ohms had the most sub bass quantity in all of my budding collection. I can comfortably play drone metal without complaining how the drone riffs are too anemic.
I've been looking at TY Hi-Z 150ohm and TY Hi-Z 320ohm for a while now, but still can not decide which one to buy.
For me the most quantity of sub-bass I achieved with this mod for MX500 shell with DIY 15.4mm 64ohm titanium coated driver.
And as for the quality sub-bass, HE150 satisfies my personal taste

Feb 26, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #47,126 of 75,409
I've been looking at TY Hi-Z 150ohm and TY Hi-Z 320ohm for a while now, but still can not decide which one to buy.
For me the most quantity of sub-bass I achieved with this mod for MX500 shell with DIY 15.4mm 64ohm titanium coated driver.

Any AliExpress seller already have those installed in a case?

Would be interesting to compare that to my Simphonio Dragon 2 plus's good subbass but little midbass. .

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #47,128 of 75,409
Any AliExpress seller already have those installed in a case?

Would be interesting to compare that to my Simphonio Dragon 2 plus's good subbass but little midbass. .
No, I don't think so. This is a cheap driver and It's all about quantity here.
I had a resonance problem in the plastic shell so I switched the speaker to a metal shell.
The resonance was gone, but the clarity of the sound did not improve much.
Great clarity, soundstage, and imaging are probably what sets Simphonio Dragon 2 apart from other models.
Another titanium coated driver that I tested is 10mm 48 ohm with this wooden housing.
This driver represents nice clarity and balance without boomy and harsh sound and it can compete with "big boys".
When I have free time I'll post the making of for this model on DIY Earbuds thread.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #47,129 of 75,409
Feb 26, 2020 at 8:27 PM Post #47,130 of 75,409

Do u know how the HE 150 compares to the pro version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back