Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 26, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #4,261 of 75,861
Got the secret ninja twist now. (don't know how to explain it in english!)
Not sure I can do it at night tough...

Congrats for your 2000 posts!! You should all print them and make some kind of headfi super hero cap with it
tongue_smile.gif

Anyway, very impressive dude!

Way to go with the foam covers!  Once you get the feel of it, you are golden.  

Took me a while to get to 2000, as I don't post too much, but is crazy to see that I've hit 2,000.  I've looked back to when I first joined, I was so ignorant.  Haa. 

--

Apr 26, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #4,262 of 75,861
For me, the specific earbud can change how difficult the foam is to apply. The DK-Jin was quite a bit easier than the Monk, but hoping I'm luckier when the Monk+ & Mojito arrive.

Ooh, let me know if you feel like trading away the DK-Jin, that's one I haven't tried yet
wink.gif

@mochill and anyone else who has the Zen 2.0 Black Edition. I'm thinking of buying it because I love the Zen 2.0 so much. Is there a difference in sound or is it all in the cable?

Seriously I need to hear SeaHf 400ohm because I don't know how much better it gets than the Zen 2.0, at least personally. I'd have to hear the Zen 1.0 at some point I guess. Everything I loved about the Cygnus is even better on the Zen 2.0 (excpet that the Zen must be amped whereas the Cygnus is good with anything?)

Apr 26, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #4,264 of 75,861
Well out of everyone here who I know has a DK Jin, only one traded it away cause he didn't like the sound signature as much as some other buds, and nobody else is willing to give theirs up. So if you still like it when you hear the Mojito, I think that means I should buy myself a set

beerchug.gif

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #4,265 of 75,861
  Can someone recommend a good replacement 3.5mm jack? For quick shipping to US, so AE and taobao are out. I see some on Amazon, not sure how good they are. I've already damaged the jack on my Tomahawk, the cord snagged on something and pulled it out of my phone. The jack is now loose in its housing and the connection is bad. Too bad, I was enjoying them. I'm not sure if it got stressed really bad or if the build quality is mediocre. I've had this happen before with lots of buds and headphones and never damaged a jack like this before. 

Neutrik / Rean - not expensive and good build quality, and available in many places. Don't buy electrical supply on Amazon, get them from digikey, Mouser, or Newark.

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #4,266 of 75,861
Hi. I just received VE Monk+ with accessories. Which foam tips do you guys prefer? I also have original VE Monk and used full foams so far. This time, it comes with full foam, donut foam, white plastic ring and black ear hook. 

Apr 27, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #4,268 of 75,861
  Well out of everyone here who I know has a DK Jin, only one traded it away cause he didn't like the sound signature as much as some other buds, and nobody else is willing to give theirs up. So if you still like it when you hear the Mojito, I think that means I should buy myself a set

beerchug.gif

DK-Jin is really nice if you don't mind a narrow soundstage. I love a really open and spacious sound, one of the main reasons I prefer earbuds to IEMs. DK-Jin has got decent depth in the soundstage, but not enough sense of openness for my tastes. But yeah, they are certainly fun sounding with a very forward sound.

Apr 27, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #4,270 of 75,861
  Hi. Can I buy original Yuin PK3 drivers?

You can buy the real PK3. Don't bother with those 'DIY' Yuin driver as they are most certainly fake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back