Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 11, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #37,486 of 75,280
Hi,
has anyone compared Willsound MK2 VJC cable vs MK3???

Nov 11, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #37,487 of 75,280
Duplicate post deleted.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #37,488 of 75,280
Hi,
has anyone compared Willsound MK2 VJC cable vs MK3???

MK2, no matter what cable will always sounds slightly V shaped compared to the balanced and more mid forward MK3

standard cables will sound clearer, while the 8 braided cable would sound thicker/fuller, not necessarily better, just different flavors. haven't tried VJC on the willsound, but i once tried them on my iems (with mmcx), and generally they would make the sound warmer/smoother on the treble.

Nov 11, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #37,490 of 75,280
Again anyone have any recomendations? My current favorite pair of earbuds are the penon bs1 experience ver. Any of the current earbuds beat it out?
Ry4s
EB2
EMX 500
Th Hi z 150
**** pt25
I don't know the penon, but TY Hi-Z HP-150s 150MKII is amazing! I preffer it over the EBX.

Nov 11, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #37,491 of 75,280
Hey guys, sorry, but i will ask that kind of question

I have e]a EMX 500 that after i grabbed a desktop amp, i found out that earbuds can indeed sound similar to a full size earphones and the interest on earbuds came back

So i am looking for a budget high impedance option to be a upgrade for my emx500. So my questions are, ty-hi 150 ohm, or penon he-150 would be a upgrade from emx500 indeed ?

The Linsoul BLD 150 or Ty Hi-z 150 would be my rec

I'm with Hungy regarding the Linsoul 150... but in the form of the Fengru DIY PK1 2.5mm 150ohm which I choose to believe are exactly the same buds for less money. And even if I'm wrong, they're great! :)

Nov 11, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #37,492 of 75,280
@RobinFood : Many Thanks, Mr. RobinFood. May I know which DAP did you use to play with and what plug type did you use? By the way, I saw many Twitter users, e.g. mIT_TAn, おににに, etc. complain about its lack of bass and peaky sibiliant. Perhaps it is all about matching and each own individual ear ergonomics shape. However, I do share your opinion. If I could get it as second-hand price from e-earphone about 250-300USD, I might buy it.

Is it possible to try CM2000Ti with 4.4 mm cable and DX200, SONY NW-WM1Z, LPG Touch, Cayin N8 or Cowon PLENUE L and share me further impression?

I was listening to them with the Shanling m0, which is somewhat bright. I use the slowest filter on it to bring out the bass a little more.
They didn't have any balanced version to try, but even if they did, I don't have any other sources other than my budget phone, which sounds like....a cheap phone?

Yes, the bass sound was there, but it had no impact, which was too bad, especially for sounds like pianos where you get a nice satisfying thump usually. I didn't notice any sibilance, but I am not overly sensitive to it. I just noticed that the treble was well extended and made it sound very natural. I hate it when it sounds like someone has their hands on the cymbals and they just don't ring well.

I think the nice texture on Adele's voice might be considered grainy by some, but I liked it. Overall, I felt it was one of those earbuds where you could close your eyes and feel like you were there, which is something very rare.

Nov 11, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #37,493 of 75,280
Thanks for your impressions. It's unfortunate that you didn't have a chance to try with foams. If anybody else has an opportunity to try the CM2000Ti, please bring foams with you! It seems promising except for the bass, which might be corrected with foams.

I always need foams for every earbud I use, both for secure fit and forming a seal for bass. The CM2000Ti specs say that it comes with "earpads", and they will probably perform best with them.

Yes, I probably should have put on the thin foams I had on, I just worried about looking sketchy, and I might have stretched them too much for my other buds after. The shell size was quite big. That said, I am not sure they would have helped with the bass very much, it just seemed like there was no impact...so almost no sub-bass...to boost. Maybe it would have thickened the mids a little, but I liked how crystal clear the mids sounded, I am not sure I would have liked foams with them. I might go back and try them out in a few weeks, and will try to bring a spare set of foams.

Nov 11, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #37,494 of 75,280
Is it possible to try CM2000Ti with 4.4 mm cable and DX200, SONY NW-WM1Z, LPG Touch, Cayin N8 or Cowon PLENUE L and share me further impression?
There's another Plenue already?!??!?!?! are Cowon trying to create a Guiness World Record for most DAPs released in a year or something? :rolling_eyes::neutral_face::sweat_smile::money_mouth::weary::poop::upside_down:

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2018 at 12:45 AM Post #37,497 of 75,280
There's another Plenue already?!??!?!?! are Cowon trying to create a Guiness World Record for most DAPs released in a year or something? :rolling_eyes::neutral_face::sweat_smile::money_mouth::weary::poop::upside_down:
It is a new flagship from COWON PLENUE, it comes with 4.4 mm LO/HO and utilize ESS9038Pro. Plenue L already revealed in PortaFes (or HeadphoneFes?) in Japan last month.

Nov 12, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #37,498 of 75,280
For those who are going to Bangkok, Thailand on 24 Nov 2018. Thai Earbud Fanclub Meeting No.1 will be held at Lantana Resort (near MRT Sutthisan Station) 13:00-18:00. Feel free to take audition~.

Thai Earbud Fanclub 01 480p.png

Nov 12, 2018 at 6:22 AM Post #37,499 of 75,280

Users who are viewing this thread

Back