Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 10, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #37,456 of 75,293
Nov 10, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #37,458 of 75,293
All good we all have different ears :)

I like thin foams on my vido too, original monk foams on the vido sound nice. Very balanced sound.

Have you read that @rad7 said below?
"I've never had earbuds & want to try some cheap buds below $15 so that I don't worry about losing them in college. I prefer a warm & bassy sound signature & don't like it if the treble gets too bright. I mainly listen to chillstep, liquid dnb & other similar electronic music. I'm also looking for an earbud with inline mic & preferably an L-shaped connector. So far, I've shortlisted the Vido MX500 & EMX500. Any other suggestions?"

-Have you actually listened to RY4S(Not UE) and Vido and compare it? Clearly Vido has a brighter treble than RY4S.
-And RY4S with mic has an L-shaped connector, but does Vido with mic have an L-shaped connector?

In consideration of the above, I replied, but can you make a better suggestions?

Nov 10, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #37,460 of 75,293
Why do not you buy YINCROW RW-9? (about $16 - $18)
Because I didn't find any review of it. I will get one. Maybe I could write my first review :).

Did anybody hear that TY Hi-Z HP-150s 150MKII are better than the 650? I received the 150s and it's amazing. Comparing directly to Zen 2, the mids are much more forward and the vocals are amazing. Zen 2 imo are more veiled and 150 are much more fun. I can't take it out my ears... For me, it is a step up. If 650 are better, I really need to buy them.

Nov 10, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #37,461 of 75,293
Have you read that @rad7 said below?
"I've never had earbuds & want to try some cheap buds below $15 so that I don't worry about losing them in college. I prefer a warm & bassy sound signature & don't like it if the treble gets too bright. I mainly listen to chillstep, liquid dnb & other similar electronic music. I'm also looking for an earbud with inline mic & preferably an L-shaped connector. So far, I've shortlisted the Vido MX500 & EMX500. Any other suggestions?"

-Have you actually listened to RY4S(Not UE) and Vido and compare it? Clearly Vido has a brighter treble than RY4S.
-And RY4S with mic has an L-shaped connector, but does Vido with mic have an L-shaped connector?

In consideration of the above, I replied, but can you make a better suggestions?
I put a correction note on my original post at the bottom saying I thought you meant UE version (UE RY4s is much brighter than the Vido to my ears).

Also I didn't see his budget sorry. But Vido is a good option for anyone at ~$3 so I still recommend vido with full foam.

Another option is DSQM Pk2 Panda with full foam. It's very smooth and warm. Bass is punchy but not as extended in sub bass as Vido. It's really smooth though, good vocal earbud.

Nov 10, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #37,462 of 75,293
I want both the new blox earbuds :frowning2: , also moondrop released a flagship iem called amedaus with a 13.5mm Graphene driver:O

i don't like it whenever moondrop make a new earphone... I'm afraid that my wallet would get thinner :dizzy_face:

Nov 10, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #37,463 of 75,293
I put a correction note on my original post at the bottom saying I thought you meant UE version (UE RY4s is much brighter than the Vido to my ears).

Also I didn't see his budget sorry. But Vido is a good option for anyone at ~$3 so I still recommend vido with full foam.

Another option is DSQM Pk2 Panda with full foam. It's very smooth and warm. Bass is punchy but not as extended in sub bass as Vido. It's really smooth though, good vocal earbud.

I actually listened to RY4S(Not UE) and Vido both with full foam and compare.

Your proposals(Vido, DSQM Pk2 Panda) lack some or all of the condition of "mic & L Shaped connector & bassy".
Also, RY4S with mic is ~$ 5, only slightly different.

So I still recommend RY4S with full foam.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #37,466 of 75,293
Because I didn't find any review of it. I will get one. Maybe I could write my first review :).

Did anybody hear that TY Hi-Z HP-150s 150MKII are better than the 650? I received the 150s and it's amazing. Comparing directly to Zen 2, the mids are much more forward and the vocals are amazing. Zen 2 imo are more veiled and 150 are much more fun. I can't take it out my ears... For me, it is a step up. If 650 are better, I really need to buy them.
Great, I have it in my cart... this is what I needed to read.

Thanks.

Nov 11, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #37,467 of 75,293
Hi hfiers! For some time I have few earbuds I can compare to my ears. Beware, English is not my first language . I'm music engineer (mastering), producer etc... Certified. Mainly came from full sized monitor headphones and few in-ears. Back to buds.
First shot I give to Faaeal Iris 1.0. Impressed with their sound for 4 bucks, but there is roll-off in bass freq, and lack of micro details in highs. Small bump in 3-4khz. Owerall nice sounding buds.
Second came Vidos. With their J shaped cable they sound veiled in comparison to Iris, but that mids are much better and bass is badass (for buds). I give a try with recabling them with full copper braided cable, KZ one... Uhhh, they sound goood! Bass is much tighter, mids are better too (clearer) and micro details came in big way.
Then RY4S came.. red one with white cable. They sound crisp, there is nice level of details, with good tight bass, there is no roll-off here. Problem is with the mids. There is a dip in lower mid frequency, and because of that they sound aggressive in highs, but they aren't. Overall nice sound with space and separation. Must try recabling them..
Fengru EMXS500. Jeeeee. NOT!
Spike in high mids/lower treble is so awful that I cannot listen them. Period. Thin, thick, donuts.. Nothing helps.
Snow-Lotus 1.0+ are next one.. love on first listening! Obviously they put much superior driver in there, because shell is the same... D sound!!!! What level of details, but not only in highs, mids are energic and full, stage is wide, separation wow. Bass is defined, tight and deep. SL10+ are loudest of bunch.
Now waiting for Rosemary 150ohm...

I'm glad if this was helpful to you!

Nov 11, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #37,470 of 75,293
I want both the new blox earbuds :frowning2: , also moondrop released a flagship iem called amedaus with a 13.5mm Graphene driver:O

Yeah but not sure I like the look of the Amadeus though...
images

:upside_down::musical_keyboard:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back