Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 12, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #32,899 of 75,268
Received my Blur 美魔女 <<Mimajyo>> "Beautiful Witch" 300 Ohm earbuds from Wong Kuan Wae the day before yesterday. Extremely pleased; honestly quite astonished by their performance thus far. I will submit a full review in a few weeks.

Blur--Beautiful-Witch-300-Ohm_Earbud-View-3.jpg

Blur--Beautiful-Witch-300-Ohm_First-Opening.jpg

Blur--Beautiful-Witch-300-Ohm_3.5mm-and-Wound-Copper-Coil-Splitter-1.jpg

Jul 12, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #32,901 of 75,268
Jul 12, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #32,902 of 75,268
I do not have the BS1, I do find the TO400 a little more refined than the EBX which is more energetic
what sources (dap, amp\dac etc..) have you chosen for this global test of the earbuds you have posted picture about?

Jul 12, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #32,903 of 75,268
I am using a: Fostex HPA4BL Desktop dac/amp b: iBasso DX200 c: Lotoo Paw 5000 MK2. I have to say the NiceHCK EBX is very easy to drive. I also have a ifi isd Black Label for the higher ohm items

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #32,904 of 75,268
I am looking for a good pair of buds for my dad, in the 30-40 dollar range, he has a Walnut v2s so 200-300 ohm would be good, he likes the Monk+ 64 ohm and the ty hi z hp150, and grado sr80 but wants more. Listens to allot of salsa, merengue, Latin jazz and rave/techno/ trance. Could you guys give a few suggestions?

Jul 12, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #32,905 of 75,268
Can somebody\owners comment on Svara Pro, toneking to400s and Fengru hyck100? Really interested in those. I felt in love with bs1 official earbuds. So now, I do not really prefer emx500 or yuin shells. I'm looking for something similar with bs1 construction - metal shell and sort of complex insides of it. I usually find those with ability of exchanging cable.

I can only comment on the TO400s ,they are phenomenal. They are very detailed, even better than the Blur imo. They have good bass and slighly sparkly highs, but pleasant for me. Their strength tho is that they are very detailed.

Jul 12, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #32,906 of 75,268
Received my Blur 美魔女 <<Mimajyo>> "Beautiful Witch" 300 Ohm earbuds from Wong Kuan Wae the day before yesterday. Extremely pleased; honestly quite astonished by their performance thus far. I will submit a full review in a few weeks.

Blur--Beautiful-Witch-300-Ohm_Earbud-View-3.jpg

Blur--Beautiful-Witch-300-Ohm_First-Opening.jpg

Blur--Beautiful-Witch-300-Ohm_3.5mm-and-Wound-Copper-Coil-Splitter-1.jpg
Sounds like my type of sound, how much is it

Jul 12, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #32,907 of 75,268
Would you say the Toneking 400 trumps the BS1 Official as well as the EBX? How's the low end comparitively?

I have the BS1 and to400s so I can give it a shot.

For me the TO400s and BS1 has quite different signatures but detail wise and technicalities are close enough.

TO400 is linear/flat bass that rolls off a little early, so some bass boost would really benefit this bud. Bs1 also greatly benefits from bass boost but only in the sub bass, as mid bass is arced nicely already for a warmer bass response than to400 which shows a quicker decay because of it's neutrality.

400 has fuller low mids, rolled off upper mids slightly, but has a strong emphasis in the 1-2khz region so vocals are forward and detailed, especially male vocals.

Bs1 has neutral low mids, still full but not as much as the 400. It gets brighter in the upper mids so it suits female vocals nicely. It's slightly smoother in the 1-2khz range and slighty less pushing detail at you but still detailed overall.

400 has neutral treble that's detailed and peaks in the upper treble for extension and airy qualities. Bs1 has neutral-bright treble. Sweet and airy with a similar peak to allow crisp and airy extension.

To400 has slightly bigger soundstaging but slightly less separation and precise imaging. Both are pretty close in this regard overall and neither perform poorly and can handle busy tracks well.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #32,908 of 75,268
I can only comment on the TO400s ,they are phenomenal. They are very detailed, even better than the Blur imo. They have good bass and slighly sparkly highs, but pleasant for me. Their strength tho is that they are very detailed.

Which blur are you referring to? I haven't heard any blur buds, but i have heard the TO400. It is quite pleasant

Jul 12, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #32,909 of 75,268
I have the BS1 and to400s so I can give it a shot.

For me the TO400s and BS1 has quite different signatures but detail wise and technicalities are close enough.

TO400 is linear/flat bass that rolls off a little early, so some bass boost would really benefit this bud. Bs1 also greatly benefits from bass boost but only in the sub bass, as mid bass is arced nicely already for a warmer bass response than to400 which shows a quicker decay because of it's neutrality.

400 has fuller low mids, rolled off upper mids slightly, but has a strong emphasis in the 1-2khz region so vocals are forward and detailed, especially male vocals.

Bs1 has neutral low mids, still full but not as much as the 400. It gets brighter in the upper mids so it suits female vocals nicely. It's slightly smoother in the 1-2khz range and slighty less pushing detail at you but still detailed overall.

400 has neutral treble that's detailed and peaks in the upper treble for extension and airy qualities. Bs1 has neutral-bright treble. Sweet and airy with a similar peak to allow crisp and airy extension.

To400 has slightly bigger soundstaging but slightly less separation and precise imaging. Both are pretty close in this regard overall and neither perform poorly and can handle busy tracks well.

Excellent analysis....thank you! Do you find the Shozy Stardust superior to these two? I have it and am wondering if either is worth picking up additionally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back