Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 11, 2018 at 1:23 AM Post #32,867 of 75,075
New shozy XB earbuds on penon audio :wink:

I'm eagerly waiting... :ksc75smile:

36913506_619704355076502_2986660394384228352_n.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #32,869 of 75,075
62C001FB-8C5C-479E-81E9-037DB78523AE.jpeg

The EBX sounds great right out of box. I hope sound will keep improving with burning-in, but who knows. I love the sound, the beautiful cable, the sturdy shell with super fast shipping. Clearly, My $99 is well spent.

@HungryPanda : thanks for your recommendation! It seems I should also get the Ourart Ti7

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #32,871 of 75,075

The EBX sounds great right out of box. I hope sound will keep improving with burning-in, but who knows. I love the sound, the beautiful cable, the sturdy shell with super fast shipping. Clearly, My $99 is well spent.

@HungryPanda : thanks for your recommendation! It seems I should also get the Ourart Ti7
Omg, can't wait to receive this beast ^^
I also ordered the same color as yours :)

Is the fit okay for you ? (of yes: which foams) ? or did you have to put cable around ears like some here ?

Jul 11, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #32,873 of 75,075

OURART Ti7 uses 14.2mm titanium crystal diaphragm, cnc metal shell. Seems to be built with high quality materials! It’s only around us$60~70
Anyone has any experience with it?
I didn't give them enough ear-time when I acquired them last year, as I sent my unit for a "local review tour" in my country along with other earbuds.
They had an "ok" sound when I listened to them initially, then sent them for the tour after a few days.

Now that I had them, I'd say I missed out on how good they actually are. They're now my everyday commute buds since they're built like a tank.
The stock cables also don't feel or look cheap. They have a neutral-airy sound signature, focused on upper-mids. Not for bassheads but not bass-light at all.

Now for the cons:
- Tricky fit. So I use thick foams over rubber rings for a better seal and comfort. The metal housing can be quite uncomfortable for long sessions. I've also removed the earguides on the stock cables.
- Speaking of the stock cables, they don't have a good Left-Right indicator, so you'll have to use different colored foams as a workaround. This is a con for me since I would have liked to use the thick black Hiegi foams on both side to match the elegant-minimalistic look of the buds.

Overall, I'm happy with them and I can say the pros outweigh the cons, though I can understand that they may not be for everyone's liking. :)

Jul 11, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #32,875 of 75,075

Interesting and useful review as usual!

This caught my attention because I love Decks Dark (and it reminds me of Ozark lol):

What is just above average though is the sound stage width on offer – quite similar to the MK2. A little bit more width on offer would have made these one of my favorite buds. This is quite noticeable on tracks like Decks Dark by Radiohead; while the width is sufficient to make the sounds seemingly originate from outside the perimeter of your skull on this track, at the 3:30 mark when the bass guitar plays on the left and bass note of the piano in the center, there is just enough space to differentiate the two instruments, while on earbuds like the HiFi Boy Dream, the amount of space between these two instruments is quite vast. Honestly, I am being quite demanding here – on most budget buds, you can’t even differentiate that there are two instruments in play, while on the MK3 I’m complaining that I need some more space between them J. Well, that in itself should say lots about what the WillSound range of buds have to offer at around $30.

I listened at the 3:30 mark, and started with the PT15's. I love those beasts, but it was hard to differentiate the bass from the piano. Next up, the MK2 r2's. Yup, differentiation! Next up was the Svara L's. Houston we have a problem... the bass is playing out the right side! Yup - left/right cable hooked up incorrectly lol. Once Houston had fixed that problem, even more differentiation!

Good little test!

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #32,876 of 75,075
100 hours or so on my V2 inntakhifi. This is by far the most linear end to end goodness low impedance (32 ohm) earbud I own and my first pick if used directly with smartphone output.

Great sound, ample bass and clean sounding. It's hard to find fault when it's only USD9

If I have to compare, it sound eerily similar to Sennheiser momentum 2 on ear headphones (30 times more expensive) which is better because i can use v2 while laying around in bed. Of course momentum 2 have far cleaner highs albeit a little soft for my taste. But everything else are similar in sound characteristics it's uncanny.

Jul 11, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #32,877 of 75,075

This caught my attention because I love Decks Dark (and it reminds me of Ozark lol):

Good little test!

Thank you!

Ozark it is! That's where I got this track from :).

The wider the soundstage in offer, the bigger the differentiation between the two notes.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #32,878 of 75,075

I listened at the 3:30 mark, and started with the PT15's. I love those beasts, but it was hard to differentiate the bass from the piano. Next up, the MK2 r2's. Yup, differentiation! Next up was the Svara L's. Houston we have a problem... the bass is playing out the right side! Yup - left/right cable hooked up incorrectly lol. Once Houston had fixed that problem, even more differentiation!

Good little test!
The fade from decks dark into desert island disk is what I live for LMAO

Love me some smooth transitions.

Jul 11, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #32,879 of 75,075
"subwoof3r, post: 14353312, member: 45995"]Omg, can't wait to receive this beast ^^
I also ordered the same color as yours :)

Is the fit okay for you ? (of yes: which foams) ? or did you have to put cable around ears like some here ?[/QUOTE]
345161DB-5809-4365-8912-BB1889460C3C.jpeg

I ware it the usual way! It’s okay with me so far. But I only use it inside.

I use the normal foams provided.

Jul 11, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #32,880 of 75,075
I didn't give them enough ear-time when I acquired them last year, as I sent my unit for a "local review tour" in my country along with other earbuds.
They had an "ok" sound when I listened to them initially, then sent them for the tour after a few days.

Now that I had them, I'd say I missed out on how good they actually are. They're now my everyday commute buds since they're built like a tank.
The stock cables also don't feel or look cheap. They have a neutral-airy sound signature, focused on upper-mids. Not for bassheads but not bass-light at all.

Now for the cons:
- Tricky fit. So I use thick foams over rubber rings for a better seal and comfort. The metal housing can be quite uncomfortable for long sessions. I've also removed the earguides on the stock cables.
- Speaking of the stock cables, they don't have a good Left-Right indicator, so you'll have to use different colored foams as a workaround. This is a con for me since I would have liked to use the thick black Hiegi foams on both side to match the elegant-minimalistic look of the buds.

Overall, I'm happy with them and I can say the pros outweigh the cons, though I can understand that they may not be for everyone's liking. :)

Thanks for your kind feedback!

It seems I really need to order it as soon as possible!

Metal housing is a real challenge to wear for long session! I’m trying to get use to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back