Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 26, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #29,386 of 75,296
Puresounds 500 or k's 500 for AE sale? Or straight to k's 300 samsara? Hmm mm......
puresounds if you like more balanced sound, samsara if you like bigger bass

Mar 26, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #29,387 of 75,296
Thank you for the answer - my earbud-pull-the-trigger-finger still is not happy. In what does the White Ling excel and do you think it's "worth" the 40$ more compared to BS1?

the BS1 has a more coherent sound, the white ling has a weird nasally hollow mids..might be okay for classical or instrumental, but i don't particularly like it for vocals

Mar 26, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #29,388 of 75,296
Can anyone compare K's 500 and Shozy BK? Or did I miss that in an earlier post. . .? Reading BloodyPenguin's older reviews, he exalts K's 500's mid-range (and I have found his reviews to be quite accurate to what I hear), and since ClieOS and Sean find the Shozy's mid-range its strength, but lacks soundstage expansion, maybe K's 500 is a good buy. ???

Mar 26, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #29,389 of 75,296
the BS1 has a more coherent sound, the white ling has a weird nasally hollow mids..might be okay for classical or instrumental, but i don't particularly like it for vocals
I’d say neither are perfect vocal earbuds, each have some flaws in the midrange. I feel sorry for hyping the bs1 so much but at the time it sounded great but after analysising it’s sound compared to my other buds there’s no denying it isn’t perfect. But hey it’s still a worthy bud for the price with some good clarity and imaging.

I’m looking to get the Hiby R6 dap so I’ll see how it plays off that before I decide how often I use it :)

Sometimes variety is nice!

Mar 26, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #29,390 of 75,296
Can anyone compare K's 500 and Shozy BK? Or did I miss that in an earlier post. . .? Reading BloodyPenguin's older reviews, he exalts K's 500's mid-range (and I have found his reviews to be quite accurate to what I hear), and since ClieOS and Sean find the Shozy's mid-range its strength, but lacks soundstage expansion, maybe K's 500 is a good buy. ???
Depends on your source and how much you value the soundstage spaciousness I guess.

As ClieOS said if you can run the BK in balanced version with a source that have good soundstage qualities it may sound big enough for your liking, if not maybe look at other buds.

I have the 3.5mm BK and the soundstage is pretty small or within the headspace instead of outside it.

Mar 26, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #29,391 of 75,296

Not sure if this could be your case or not, but I find White Ling very picky about fit. As I said on my impression, it can sound hollow when it is not in the right place. You need to get a really good seal (*recommending donut foam here) and point it directly into your ear canal for it to sound very full and as I believe, that's the real sound signature of White Ling.

Mar 26, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #29,392 of 75,296
Depends on your source and how much you value the soundstage spaciousness I guess.

As ClieOS said if you can run the BK in balanced version with a source that have good soundstage qualities it may sound big enough for your liking, if not maybe look at other buds.

I have the 3.5mm BK and the soundstage is pretty small or within the headspace instead of outside it.
Yeah, this is what I read before, so I was wondering if the K's 500 mids compare to the BK, as the BK balanced is quite a bit more expensive than the K's on sale in a few days.

Mar 26, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #29,393 of 75,296
I'm VERY new to this, but just took delivery of 5 pair of recommended buds (thanks everyone on here seanc6441 and others). I had mentioned that I thought myself a little sensitive to sibilance. Now I have a LOT of listening to do. And choosing. I plan to order up at least a couple during the AllieExpress Anniversary sale. Maybe on the higher end. I'm reading this forum carefully to try and pick, especially in comparison to what I now own.

I realize these are at the bottom of the scale for price, but especially those interested in creating a baseline for sound might find this helpful. Or starting a small collection. Hah!

I'll post my impressions if anyone is interested as I make notes. I think I have a good ear as I'm reading reviews that describe exactly what I'm hearing and how I would describe each pair as I listen to them. PLEASE FORGIVE any lack of vocabulary I have to describe what I'm hearing. I'll do my best.

I'm listening right now on iPhone X, but will get these amp'd soon. The F150C isn't sounding very good. Seems muddy. I'm thinking that's the reason.

For anyone wanting price I paid (cheaper on upcoming sale), model AND link here it is all in one place! I made hyperlinks using the text editor but also included the link text.

$9.90 My first delivery, came from Amazon. I've been listening to exclusively since for about 2 weeks.
Venture Electronics VE MONK Plus earbud - earphone - smoke-no mic
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5RBJCH/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
(very decent bass, sounds definitely weighted to the low end. Not enjoying The Sundays, "Here's Where the Story Ends", switching to Moondrop.

$23.90
2017 Newest MoonDrop Nameless Metal Earbud HIFI Fever DJ Bass Earphone Balanced HIFI 13.5mm Dynamic Driver Earbud Free Shipping
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...Balanced-HIFI-13-5mm-Dynamic/32830971670.html
(much less lower or sub-bass than either MONK + or F150C, more forward mids and way more sparkle at higher frequencies. Harriet Wheeler voice much nicer here. How the heck are these supposed to fit in an ear? My ears are large and these things are huge. The only way they fit is angling them, but they sound great. I keep returning to them. They seem very crisp. On a side note, sort of loving the translucent copper cable. It just looks nice. "YYZ" Rush...definitely sounds better on the RX-1 with more bass.

$19.90
Hot Seahf AWK-F150C High Impedance In Ear Earphone Earbud 150 ohms Earbud Headset Flat Head Plug High Impedance PK Monk Earbud
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...ad-Plug-Earbud-Earphone-High/32653251745.html
(deeper bass than Moondrop and the MONK + if I'm not mistaken, much more recessed and hidden high end. I'm thinking I need to amp these to sound better!)

$23.00
2016 Newest AUGLAMOUR RX-1 In Ear Earphone Flat Head Plug High Quality Full Metal Earbud Headset Free Shipping Support wholesale
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...gh-Quality-Full-Metal-Earbud/32699791827.html
(opening package - something to behold compared to others - to compare on same The Sundays song...hope they're as good as they look and feel.....wow, some authority. So far these are the Goldilocks buds. Very nice lows and crisp highs, forward mids? They're definitely the ones I would gift on packaging and initial sound. I'm not sure they're as technically competent perhaps with a rounded sound especially compared to the Moodrops. I switched to some jazz. "Clockwise" George Benson...very nice.

$9.80
Original YINCROW X6 3.5mm In-ear Earphones flat Head Earbuds Professional Fever HIFI Earphone Without Mic For iphone
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...uds-Heavy-Bass-Sound-Quality/32809387979.html
(I don't have these delivered yet.)

One thing I'm really realizing is how different these earbuds will sound on different music styles....I see myself reaching for different pair depending on what I'm listening to at the time. Or how I'm listing and which source. I have a tube headphone amp on the way but I see myself listening to earbuds exclusively on the move with a mobile device.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #29,394 of 75,296
I was going to do a comparison between the BS1 and the Rose Masya and Mojito. I have all of these in balanced. I'm going to scratch that and say that the BS1 does not compete. Period. The BS1 is a nice "package" and comes with some nice looking accessories. It actually (IMO) sounds almost exactly like the BGVP DX3, with maybe a bit more clarity and slight bump in energy. Somebody else with the BGVP listen to those with the BS1 and tell me I'm not hearing things.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BGV...b07b91b&transAbTest=ae803_5&priceBeautifyAB=0

Mar 26, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #29,395 of 75,296
I’d say neither are perfect vocal earbuds, each have some flaws in the midrange. I feel sorry for hyping the bs1 so much but at the time it sounded great but after analysising it’s sound compared to my other buds there’s no denying it isn’t perfect. But hey it’s still a worthy bud for the price with some good clarity and imaging.

I’m looking to get the Hiby R6 dap so I’ll see how it plays off that before I decide how often I use it :)

Sometimes variety is nice!

When i first heard the BS1, my friend sended his, along with almost ten other high rated level buds (along with the BK, mojito, diomnes, etc), so i got a pretty objective view of it (of course objective for my own taste :ksc75smile:)

The only thing that i like from the BS1 is the look..it's a gorgeous looking buds.that alone almost made me press the buy button. But from sound, the less than 100usd edimun and red demun tops it (heck, even the willsound mk2 tops it in my book)

Mar 26, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #29,396 of 75,296
@seanc6441 I finally took it the foams from my bs1, and man why didn't i do that earlier. Someone at canjam sg told me why don't you take it out.. he also let me listen to one of the hand made buds he had and that was pretty good.. only if I know what is his handle.

Mar 26, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #29,397 of 75,296
Not sure if this could be your case or not, but I find White Ling very picky about fit. As I said on my impression, it can sound hollow when it is not in the right place. You need to get a really good seal (*recommending donut foam here) and point it directly into your ear canal for it to sound very full and as I believe, that's the real sound signature of White Ling.

From what i remember when testing it, i tried it also with my finger on the buds, but still feel the sound a bit hollow in the mids.. But maybe that's just my personal preference, because it reminded me to the mojito (also have hollow and distant mids). SQ wise though, i didn't find fault in the white ling.

Just curious, did you also use the white ling with modern music (pop, rock, etc)?

Mar 26, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #29,398 of 75,296
I look up to Rholupat site, now there are 2 new coming buds which are Equinox and BEY V.01. If anyone get it, do not hesitate to share your opinion here. :relieved:

@chinmie : Yes, if you have a chance to try expensive & notable highend-tier brand & hi-quality local DIY & summit-fi level frequently, you know what exactly it is... and Me too.

Mar 26, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #29,399 of 75,296
Hi everyone, I'm about to pull the trigger for the Shozy BK "Blue" Limited Edition available at Penon. But before that, can someone compare the sound signature, tonality and strengths/weaknesses against the NiceHCK DIY Graphene buds. I really like how the latter sounds in general and would like to climb up the ladder following the same route as far as sound signature goes. I still have hopes with the Liebesleid but it seems that it's not that widely available. Sadly, not even in AE.

Mar 27, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #29,400 of 75,296
Hi everyone, I'm about to pull the trigger for the Shozy BK "Blue" Limited Edition available at Penon. But before that, can someone compare the sound signature, tonality and strengths/weaknesses against the NiceHCK DIY Graphene buds. I really like how the latter sounds in general and would like to climb up the ladder following the same route as far as sound signature goes. I still have hopes with the Liebesleid but it seems that it's not that widely available. Sadly, not even in AE.
Don't hesitate, get it and enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back