Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 14, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #2,868 of 75,861

It seems like opinions are different. MX980 had a winning sound, so there would be no need for change, but it's strange if Sennheiser released an upgraded version where only plug and volume control are changed and only have that version on the market for about 1 year...

I'm not an expert but when I see this fragile cable on MX980/5 and I'd imagine normal people putting it on pocket and broken it after some time this could only lead to disaster for Sennheiser making they didn't profit with high-end earbuds or something like that.

Also I find this company on Thai and they mod a lot high-end earbuds: https://twitter.com/BRabbitHiFi it is always good to know if this cable broken one day.

Mar 14, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #2,869 of 75,861
Here's my modest contribution to the budget earbud community. The Philips Shs3200. They came with a pretty poor MP3 player called the Dot but I was pleasantly surprised with the buds. They are ear clip style with a functional flared bass port. Put your finger on the port and bass disappears. The port contributes to an airy wide soundstage. They compete with my pk3's and monks with a warmer tilt than both of them. You have to supply your own foams and that is how I wear them and I find them very comfy as well. Can be had for about 8 bucks prime shipped.
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHS3200BK-37-Flexible-Headphones/dp/B003CJTR82/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1457972656&sr=1-1&keywords=Shs3200

Mar 14, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #2,871 of 75,861
The Dark Horse G400 (400Ω) just arrived!

I have not had a chance to listen to them yet on my home system.

I did try them quickly on my cellphone, being 400Ω, they of course did not sound that great.

Starting the burn in process now.  

[Here is a quick cellphone picture]:

--

Mar 14, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #2,872 of 75,861
  The Dark Horse G400 (400Ω) just arrived!

I have not had a chance to listen to them yet on my home system.

I did try them quickly on my cellphone, being 400Ω, they of course did not sound that great.

Starting the burn in process now.  

[Here is a quick cellphone picture]:

--

Those look amazing. My Cyngus just arrived and they are also great looking. They come with a useful carrying case too. Now I get to listen to them all night.

Mar 14, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #2,873 of 75,861
  Those look amazing. My Cyngus just arrived and they are also great looking. They come with a useful carrying case too. Now I get to listen to them all night.

The Dark Horse G400 also came with a very unique carrying case that you will see when my full review come out.

BTW, borrowed a technicians multimeter at work and I can confirm that the G400 is rated at .405 evenly.  

--

Mar 14, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #2,874 of 75,861

The Dark Horse G400 also came with a very unique carrying case that you will see when my full review come out.

BTW, borrowed a technicians multimeter at work and I can confirm that the G400 is rated at .405 evenly.  

--

Looking forward to both of your reviews. Please keep us posted guys.

Mar 14, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #2,876 of 75,861
Just picked up a second hand pair of VE Zen 2.0 for $60. Let's see if it's worth it. I'm pretty excited. Already looking into my next pickup before the Zen's even arrive lol. Looking at the Tomahawks or another heavy bass but clear sounding bud next. 

Mar 14, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #2,877 of 75,861
Just picked up a second hand pair of VE Zen 2.0 for $60. Let's see if it's worth it. I'm pretty excited. Already looking into my next pickup before the Zen's even arrive lol. Looking at the Tomahawks or another heavy bass but clear sounding bud next. 

Addictive, isn't it? :wink:

Mar 14, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #2,880 of 75,861

--

Did you get yours from AliExpress? I see a few different sellers on there with different prices, but I'm assuming the best seller would be Dark Horse Audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back