Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 16, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #1,983 of 75,339
If I can add another earbud recommendation, here's a nice wood earbud, the DK-PU: I bought the one with red cable, which actually is cooper colored. The blue one didn't look as nice...

They are described as being close to Sennheiser MX985. I'm comparing them to my pair of MX980, which should sound very close to MX985, and do not agree. Out of the box, the DK-PU wood earbuds sound a bit more "boxed in". They might open up more with burn in. Still, the soundstage is quite deep with perfectly okay instrument separation and detail. Definitely a keeper. The price I paid, $61.75 with shipping from China included, is okay. They are a step below earbuds such as Sennheiser MX980 or VE Zen 2.0, but better than stuff like Yuin PK2 which costs around the same price.

And the DK-PU wood earbuds are sweet looking....

Jan 16, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #1,989 of 75,339
It is actually 199+69rmb for copper cable (brown cable), Golov. For 199rmb you got the default cable (blue). I Have been aiming this for a while, seems like worth to buy if Danneq suggest to.

On Aliexpress, the copper colored cable cost $9 more than the blue one, but was worth it. Anyway, soundwise, these earbuds are definitely worth $60 so if you can get them cheaper with shipping and everything included, it's a recommended purchase!

Jan 16, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #1,995 of 75,339
@Danneq:

What sound signature do the DK-PU have?

Out of the box I got the impression that it is slightly "boxy", ie that the soundstage is not overly wide. That might improve with burn in. It does not feel as open as Sennheiser MX980, Blox TM7 or VE Zen 2.0. But the depth of the soundstage is quite good, together with instrument separation and detail. Bass is pretty strong and deep. This is feedback left by a Japanese buyer:
I really expected this wood housing clone type of MX985, it seems like having the huge driver in. 1st impression is quite boomy and treble rolls out. Then after burned in, bass gets solid and tight with extended treble. This feeling is listening with headphone than earbud. If you are searching deep bass with headphone signature stuff, you can have it. Also I chose copper cable one, it looks like the vintage of 60's.

I agree with it although I don't think that bass is overly boomy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back