Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 29, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #19,232 of 75,272
  How much do you love the Monk+ sound signature? If you make it massively more detailed and transparent, remove the upper midrange weirdness, otherwise leave the Monk+ sound sig intact the Seahf 650 is a better option than TY high ohm or yinman which is more in line with the She3800 than anything.

​Thanks for the pointers Vapman! Monk+ sound signature isn't my most preferred. For the most part I like something with better extension at both ends - but then again, I also love the subtleties of the Zen 2.
Ashamed to say I haven't given the She3800 the light of day, will go dig them out if they give a good pointer towards the Yinman.

Mar 29, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #19,233 of 75,272
  How does you compare it with SHE3800? Or may be with Monk+/ EM3 etc. Also, does it come with Mic?

SHE3800 sounds hollow when compared with X6. Also sound definition is in a complete different league.

Monk+ is another kind of beast. It lacks X6 bass depth, but gains in treble clarity and definition.

Don't have EM3 to compare.

I don't think there's a version with mic.

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #19,234 of 75,272
Just ordered a couple of Qian39 for mods, the Yinman150 and K300 with some foams and tri flanged tips for my Hi905.

Just wondering if the Walnut has enough power to drive both the Yinman and K300 otherwise i might have to look for a dedicated amp.

Edit: I read flamesofarctica paired the K300 with the Walnut and Xduoo X3 + FiiO A3. Hence sir if u could let me know if ur nut has enough juice to power the K300? I hope mine does (pun intended lol)

Pretty excited to know how both sound like as the highest impedence bud i have now is the K64. And am out of town for a week with no time for music T.T

Yes, Walnut drives K300 great :-D

Mar 30, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #19,237 of 75,272
Is Yinman 600 hard to drive?

Yes.

I've posted about the Yinman 600 before. I love how it sounds but it requires good power. On my Jotunheim, I have to crank up the volume to almost the same level as for a Sennheiser HD650 (which is known for being power hungry). I had a hunch that the Yinman 600 might get even better from a balanced cable. I bought a balanced MMCX cable and I was right — I liked the Yinman 600 a lot already, but the balanced cable brought it up to another level. The balanced output of the Jotunheim is a serious amount of power.

Mar 30, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #19,239 of 75,272
After long wait I finally got my qian25. Avoid SUNYOU shipping. Took over a month to arrive to Malaysia. while normal China post small packet only took 10 days.

OOTB with supplied stick foam it sound almost like monk + with better clarity. big sound and hard hitting bass.

Mar 30, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #19,240 of 75,272
One basic question. Seems my SHE3800 is also broken as I am hearing some noise on right side. Same happened with one of the unknown earbuds (https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/8288643060.html?orderId=79548978380002&productId=32674311412 ) which were very good with good soundstage and very good bass. They were broken too after 2 months or so. 

My question is, if I am using PowerrAmp and using these buds which are 16 or 32 Ohms, is it possible that they are broke down due to PowerAmp? Shall we use 64 Ohms or more earbuds for PowerAmp as nothing happened to Monk+ even till today as that is 64 Ohms. Pls suggest. As of now, I am stopping using SHE3800 with PowerAmp. As that is broken, I will now need same or better soundstage, warmness and bassy earbud (but with Mic) to use with PowerAmp. So will need your suggestion again :|

Is anyone using PowerAmp os experienced this earlier with any other AMP Player or device?

Mar 30, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #19,241 of 75,272
After long wait I finally got my qian25. Avoid SUNYOU shipping. Took over a month to arrive to Malaysia. while normal China post small packet only took 10 days.

OOTB with supplied stick foam it sound almost like monk + with better clarity. big sound and hard hitting bass.

Just as I found out in my comparative few pages ago :)

Qian 25 is a middle ground between Monk and SHE3800 :wink: In my opinion much better than Qian39.

Whoever has Edifier H185, guys, try that little gem with double thick foam. It becomes a monster (in a good sense)

Mar 30, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #19,243 of 75,272

One basic question. Seems my SHE3800 is also broken as I am hearing some noise on right side. Same happened with one of the unknown earbuds (https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/8288643060.html?orderId=79548978380002&productId=32674311412 ) which were very good with good soundstage and very good bass. They were broken too after 2 months or so. 

My question is, if I am using PowerrAmp and using these buds which are 16 or 32 Ohms, is it possible that they are broke down due to PowerAmp? Shall we use 64 Ohms or more earbuds for PowerAmp as nothing happened to Monk+ even till today as that is 64 Ohms. Pls suggest. As of now, I am stopping using SHE3800 with PowerAmp. As that is broken, I will now need same or better soundstage, warmness and bassy earbud (but with Mic) to use with PowerAmp. So will need your suggestion again :|

Is anyone using PowerAmp os experienced this earlier with any other AMP Player or device?

So if the above is true and we cannot use low impedence buds with AMPs, then I will need to buy something else which has sound signature like SHE3800 or even better but Monk+ does not fit in my ear properly and come out in every now and then so I will need something which has slightly smaller speakers but much bigger in terms of Bass and Warmness. I would also prefer if something with Flat cable is there. Monk+ cable tangles too much. Also, my budget is not high as always so suggest what is the best option (or options) for me? 

Mar 30, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #19,244 of 75,272
  So if the above is true and we cannot use low impedence buds with AMPs, then I will need to buy something else which has sound signature like SHE3800 or even better but Monk+ does not fit in my ear properly and come out in every now and then so I will need something which has slightly smaller speakers but much bigger in terms of Bass and Warmness. I would also prefer if something with Flat cable is there. Monk+ cable tangles too much. Also, my budget is not high as always so suggest what is the best option (or options) for me? 

Looks like FiiO EM3 has impedence of 47 Ohms. Seems that will be good in terms of Bass + Warmness and also with Mic and they looks good too. I really don't remember how they were sounding before I returned to them after listening with iPod 7G + Samsung Phone without PowerAmp. I guess they should sound good with PowerAmp. What is your suggestion? Or any better option?

Mar 30, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #19,245 of 75,272
  Looks like FiiO EM3 has impedence of 47 Ohms. Seems that will be good in terms of Bass + Warmness and also with Mic and they looks good too. I really don't remember how they were sounding before I returned to them after listening with iPod 7G + Samsung Phone without PowerAmp. I guess they should sound good with PowerAmp. What is your suggestion? Or any better option?

What?? Do you mean poweramp the app..??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back