Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 16, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #18,947 of 75,254
@vapman
got the Seahf 150 L.D 3.0. Paid $22 some 2 months back. Best earbud in my collection for the moment (my most expensive are the BE3 & Tomahawk though). For me its a better H180 (sound is more balanced), love the sub-bass and with Viper4android they can become bass canons on my phone (they take eq very well). Got my Walnut the day before and its a match made in heaven. The Seahf 150 are on sale at $14  perhaps the best earbud bargain right now. Tried the Seahf150/Walnut combo with Daft Punk's RAM (in wav) yesterday - that eighties vibe on some tracks just wow !!! Right now i'm rocking Burial's Untrue with same combo :L3000:  

Do you hsce
@vapman
got the Seahf 150 L.D 3.0. Paid $22 some 2 months back. Best earbud in my collection for the moment (my most expensive are the BE3 & Tomahawk though). For me its a better H180 (sound is more balanced), love the sub-bass and with Viper4android they can become bass canons on my phone (they take eq very well). Got my Walnut the day before and its a match made in heaven. The Seahf 150 are on sale at $14  perhaps the best earbud bargain right now. Tried the Seahf150/Walnut combo with Daft Punk's RAM (in wav) yesterday - that eighties vibe on some tracks just wow !!! Right now i'm rocking Burial's Untrue with same combo :L3000:  

Any comparisons to Monk/Monk+?

Mar 16, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #18,948 of 75,254
Do you hsce
Any comparisons to Monk/Monk+?

@ozkan I find Monk+ so thick sounding that i hardly use them. My Monk original is more airy with elegant mids which i love for vocal jazz (though lacking in the low-end). The Seahf 150 are way better in every way except mids which are a tad recessed. The low end and sub-bass are way way better. They are quite balanced and detailed - a good all-rounder which oddly has been overlooked.
Whats hsce bro?

Mar 16, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #18,950 of 75,254
@ozkan I find Monk+ so thick sounding that i hardly use them. My Monk original is more airy with elegant mids which i love for vocal jazz (though lacking in the low-end). The Seahf 150 are way better in every way except mids which are a tad recessed. The low end and sub-bass are way way better. They are quite balanced and detailed - a good all-rounder which oddly has been overlooked.
Whats hsce bro?

Sorry mistypo. It should be "have" bro.

Thank you for the comparison btw. :thumbsup:

Mar 16, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #18,951 of 75,254
Anyone with a seahf 150, he150 or even the yinman 150 feel like uploading a pic of the driver to this thread, it would be appreciated:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/812853/absolute-best-budget-earbuds/765#post_13346930

(Or a related 150 ohm driver bud, see that thread)

Mar 16, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #18,952 of 75,254
I need to get replacements for my original VE Monk, something similar in price range and am considering either the Monk+, Seahf 150 L.D 3.0, or **** PT15 or whatever else you guys recommend in that $5-20ish price range.

I enjoyed the original Monks with the foams on (they were a bit too hissy with high treble otherwise). Also have the FiiO EM3 but those are just very average imo.

Mar 16, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #18,953 of 75,254
I'm looking to upgrade my VE Monk+, $50 budget. 

I had the original VE Monk and loved them, the soundstage was fantastic, which is important to me.  Once they broke, I picked up the Monk+, but was a little disappointed tbh.  

I've also have the LZ Z03a, which I'm also disappointed in.  Soundstage, bass are lacking and felt some sibilance.

Mar 16, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #18,954 of 75,254
  It depends.. what's your source ?
Is  it a DAP, a good DAC/AMP like Mojo or Desktop DAC +AMP.

Then people may be able to suggest accordingly !

It's in my signature :wink:.
My LG V20 and my Cowon Plenue D and as for a amp a Audioquest Dragonfly 2.0 and Schitt Fulla 2.

Mar 16, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #18,955 of 75,254
  I'm looking to upgrade my VE Monk+, $50 budget. 

I had the original VE Monk and loved them, the soundstage was fantastic, which is important to me.  Once they broke, I picked up the Monk+, but was a little disappointed tbh.  

I've also have the LZ Z03a, which I'm also disappointed in.  Soundstage, bass are lacking and felt some sibilance.

what did you like / not like about original monk?
same question but monk+ ?

Mar 16, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #18,956 of 75,254

I think the original Monks just blew me away with the clarity as well as the sound coming from every direction.  For me, those are probably the two most important features. The Monk+ just felt like a watered down version imo.  Also, I felt the Monk bass was solid. I'm not a basshead so preferred the neutral tone. I also enjoyed listening to acoustic, classic rock, Beatles, etc with the Monks, which is the type of music I listen to most.

I'm not a true audiophile yet so I can't really explain in too much more detail, unfortunately. 

Mar 16, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #18,957 of 75,254

I think the original Monks just blew me away with the clarity as well as the sound coming from every direction.  For me, those are probably the two most important features. The Monk+ just felt like a watered down version imo.  Also, I felt the Monk bass was solid. I'm not a basshead so preferred the neutral tone. 

I'm not a true audiophile yet so I can't really explain in too much more detail, unfortunately. 

There is a chance you might love the ucotech 905 if you dont mind importing from korea, but if you love upper mid and treble clarity and don't like much bass then they might be great.
Is upper mids and treble your thing?

Mar 16, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #18,958 of 75,254
  There is a chance you might love the ucotech 905 if you dont mind importing from korea, but if you love upper mid and treble clarity and don't like much bass then they might be great.
Is upper mids and treble your thing?

Thanks for the suggestion.  Actually, I think I'm more in the mids range.  I like having some bass, I just don't need the bass to dominate the music.  

Mar 16, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #18,960 of 75,254

I think I liked the clarity of it but I foudn them too hissy on the trebles even with foams. Another reviewer said this problem doesn't exist with the Monk+ so I'm gonna try those out anyways. With the FiiO EM3s that I tried out, the bass was too weak, I don't need high bass but they just weren't as clear and full as compared to the Monk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back