Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 14, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #18,873 of 75,149
to my ears my diomnes is quite big v shaped sound..even more so than the edimun rho. i am using it with full foams though, and using the edimun with thin VE's

Which version have you got? The guys at ABnormal told me that Lv2 single ended version is the brightest of the 3 Diomnes versions. It's not bright in the same way as PT15 or Mojito, but treble is quite sparkly and extended. It is close to MX985 but a big improvement in my mind (and I think that Red Demun isn't quite as good as MX985, but close).

Mar 14, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #18,874 of 75,149
Which version have you got? The guys at ABnormal told me that Lv2 single ended version is the brightest of the 3 Diomnes versions. It's not bright in the same way as PT15 or Mojito, but treble is quite sparkly and extended. It is close to MX985 but a big improvement in my mind (and I think that Red Demun isn't quite as good as MX985, but close).

mine is the standard version

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #18,875 of 75,149
  I have just received the TY Hi-Z 32: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TY-Hi-Z-HiFi-Super-Bass-Earphone-Sports-Headsets-Luxury-Clear-Voice-3-5mm-Wired-In/32776941043.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.Hy8jiN

Have been using the Monk+ in the last weeks, the first thing that I noticed with the TY is the much higher sensitivity, it makes the music sound "rougher" but damn that energy. Bass is present but well controlled. They sound to me as a refined Qian39. No burn it yet though.

Few hours later, these TY Hi-Z 32 are really, REALLY good for EDM and Trap music. They are *just* below my "harshness" limit though. I have read that 32s have even more extension on both sides of the spectrum, are they even harsher, or are they bringing the mids up a notch aswell?

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #18,878 of 75,149
hey guys i just purchased the rose masya and burned it in for around 50 hours now, so far it sounds amazing and its really good. If only I knew earbuds was better suited to my preference than IEM's then I would've gone the earbud route wayy wayyy before. It rivals even the TOTL IEM's when it comes to overall sound resolution and soundstage at just 1/10 of their prices.

The Rose Masya is really good, but for a classical/orchestra/intrumental listener like me, would the Rose Mojito would be a decent upgrade over it??
Or are there any other high end earbuds that would beat it. I'm a treble head and soundstage addict. I like bass but I won't care as long as it has good soundstage and treble.

Price isn't an issue, I purchased lots of 800$ + IEM's and I would never look back again after hearing how amazing earbuds are. 

Sub $10 earbuds kept me from buying a $1700 CIEM when i realized how much earbuds were capable of.

Mar 14, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #18,879 of 75,149
  So Seahf is the exact same drivers but tuned differently? (eg seahf 150 = hp 150?)

Well, if two drivers are tuned differently, then technically they are not exactly the same anymore. Besides, having the same impedance doesn't really tell us anything about the similarity of the drivers inside.

Mar 14, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #18,880 of 75,149
For those interested, my impressions on Crow Audio the Raven 
wink.gif

https://www.facebook.com/groups/EarbudsAnonymous/permalink/1817605151834344/

Mar 14, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #18,881 of 75,149
My PT15 mod is quickly becoming really excellent to me! the bass was farty at first but now after some more burn in , it seems to do bass (including bass boost) quite nicely! It is not bassy by any means yet but it is at least doing bass better than it was. The treble is not as piercing either, or maybe I got used to it.

... to be clear bass impact still sucks, at least its not farty anymore.

Mar 14, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #18,882 of 75,149
@vapman *controversial topic* Have you ever tried that iPhone App called Cardas Clarifier? I'm not going to go into the specifics of how it works, but it's a tone that you play with your earphones and it's supposed to clear them up (I know that was so unscientific!). I feel it works to open up the soundstage and bring some clarity especially in the bass section. If you try it, let me know what you think because I swear it works, but others think it's complete hooey.

Mar 14, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #18,883 of 75,149
@vapman, I seem to remember quite some months ago, you giving positive comments around one of the wooden Yinman earbuds, can't remember if it was the 150 or 500. If the 500, is that still a good buy, I know you're happy to revise your opinions with time? Tempted after really liking the 150, but haven't heard much. @ClieOS has a pic of the 500 but not sure which category, as I can't spot on the list.

Mar 14, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #18,884 of 75,149
@vapman *controversial topic* Have you ever tried that iPhone App called Cardas Clarifier? I'm not going to go into the specifics of how it works, but it's a tone that you play with your earphones and it's supposed to clear them up (I know that was so unscientific!). I feel it works to open up the soundstage and bring some clarity especially in the bass section. If you try it, let me know what you think because I swear it works, but others think it's complete hooey.

Funny you bring this up.

There is a lot of snake oil in Cardas' description of how the Clarifier works. You can't make a fluctuating magnetic field from a sound signal. That's ridiculous. BUT, it is a very efficient frequency sweep which does have an effect of "waking up" all of the driver by hitting every frequency it can possibly reproduce. 

You can make the sweep yourself in Audacity (free software) for free. I tried it a few days ago and found it at least did the same thing as the  app...

@vapman, I seem to remember quite some months ago, you giving positive comments around one of the wooden Yinman earbuds, can't remember if it was the 150 or 500. If the 500, is that still a good buy, I know you're happy to revise your opinions with time? Tempted after really liking the 150, but haven't heard much. @ClieOS has a pic of the 500 but not sure which category, as I can't spot on the list.

Still a big fan of the 150! much prefer it to she3800 which i never really use ever.

Mar 14, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #18,885 of 75,149
  Funny you bring this up.

There is a lot of snake oil in Cardas' description of how the Clarifier works. You can't make a fluctuating magnetic field from a sound signal. That's ridiculous. BUT, it is a very efficient frequency sweep which does have an effect of "waking up" all of the driver by hitting every frequency it can possibly reproduce. 

You can make the sweep yourself in Audacity (free software) for free. I tried it a few days ago and found it at least did the same thing as the  app...

thanks for responding and thanks for at least saying something about it.  I've always been ignored when I mention this thing! Ha ha. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back