Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 22, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #18,046 of 75,861
@Danneq
 @vapman
 Well, been listening to Zen 1 for a couple albums now, and this thing is simply euphonic.  I just feel like I get lost in the music.  All I can say is wow.

Awesome! "Euphonic" and "wow" are correct as far as they are concerned. I see you've been enjoying them with the cheapo walnut as well. Awesome again!

Feb 22, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #18,047 of 75,861
Tried the Sony MDR E808+ again and perhaps i have been using the Philips SHE3800 and Qian39 too much recently and have forgotten it sound like that. Shall give them a little listen together with the Monk and share the experience here and also edit my profile.

Feb 23, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #18,048 of 75,861
I am finally trying the Sunrise AS-Feeling 2. @BloodyPenguin sent it to me sometime last year... feels like half a year ago? I never tried it until now. The cable is one of the worst I've ever seen.... ever. So it will definitely be going to the recable station later tonight. However, even with the awful cable, it has a very good sound similar to the Sonys everybody loves, but very forward mids instead of recessed ones.

I will pick a cable for it and recable it later tonight. Let's just hope it isn't glued shut, or something else like that.

edit: yup, glued shut... need to find my heat gun before i can do this!

Feb 23, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #18,051 of 75,861
Whoever wants to experience the huge soundstage of Monk+ without foams, must try edifier H185 with full foams. H185 has a bit of V profile that goes U with full foams. Much more enjoyable than Monk+ imho.

yes, this is to me my most favorite budget earbuds, and i also use it with full foam

Feb 23, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #18,052 of 75,861
@BloodyPenguin  will be very interested to hear your masya opinions.

I'm sad, my asura 2 died on the left speaker 
frown.gif
  Anyone got a spare they don't use? 
redface.gif

Feb 23, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #18,053 of 75,861
  @BloodyPenguin  will be very interested to hear your masya opinions.

I'm sad, my asura 2 died on the left speaker 
frown.gif
  Anyone got a spare they don't use? 
redface.gif
und

i'm sad reading this :frowning2: on the other side unfortunately i've sold the asura ... needed some cash boost to buy new phone and now i'm missed it so bad :frowning2:

i read a couple pages before about **** pt15,  do you have it vapman? does it sounds good compared too HE 150 ?

Feb 23, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #18,055 of 75,861

i'm sad reading this :frowning2: on the other side unfortunately i've sold the asura ... needed some cash boost to buy new phone and now i'm missed it so bad :frowning2:

i read a couple pages before about **** pt15,  do you have it vapman? does it sounds good compared too HE 150 ?

I used to have **** pt15. Killed one of the drivers being too impatient while opening. Getting another set soon, hopefully i will be able to mod that one without breaking it :) IT sounded good but too much treble energy for my ears.

I want to give it my full mod treatment which has made champion contenders of some lesser appreciated buds... but will have to be careful to keep the treble in check!

The asura breaking really was my fault, not much question about it.

Feb 23, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #18,059 of 75,861
Anyone tried the Sabia V4?
I read some indonesian reviews that it has prominent bass, smooth mid and treb and quite spacious soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back