Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 4, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #17,281 of 75,254

1. I'm comparing dynamic with my tomahawk
2. I'm comparing the bass with ty Hp320 / monk+
3. I'm comparing stage with ty Hp320

I'm saving for pricier earbud. Hopefully some of the current. TOTL can fulfill my wish.

Feb 4, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #17,282 of 75,254

Thank you! I will look into it.

How are you finding the cable for the Red Demun and how are they sounding now ? I am loving the Edimun V3 and thinking about getting the Red Demun as well now......

To be honest, I haven't given the Red Demun much time since I've been concentrating on getting the Edimun V3 to sound decent. And the Edimuns are "getting there" the more hours they get.
I use them for commuting to work and they do a good job running from my Iphone 6s in a scenario when I'm already in a noisy environment. But they lack too much detail and distinct bass for listening to more demanding music at home. Now during the winter, the stiff cables are no problem since I'm wearing clothes that keeps everything in place. I suppose the cables can be a big issue when the weather gets warmer and I'll loose the winter jacket and cap.

The cables on the Red Demun are quite stiff as well, but the build quality is much better. Left and right bud are clearly marked and there is a plastic ring on the cable so you can adjust left and right cable to stay put all the way up to your chin. I've used them for commuting one day this week as well. But the sound signature is too bright to be used with K-rap and K-pop to filter out the shrieking noise on the public transportation (Italian built trams that don't do well at all in the Swedish winter). I haven't given them enough time to evaluate if the sound signature will change on these like the Edimun V3.

If the cable is your only concern with the Red Demun, then it's a non issue. The build quality is very good.

At the same time I would like to address the hype trains that goes on in this thread. Both these shop buds are really good, but regardless of how much burn in they will receive I can't ever see the Edimun V3 Rho compete with K's 500 in the bass region (or detail for that matter) or the Red Demun compete with the mids, highs or detail of the Rose Mojitos. What they might be best in its class would be the looks. The Red Demuns are as sexy as ear buds will ever be.
evil_smiley.gif

I may run by the house at Lunch, and take a closer look at that area of the package - to see what numbers are actually printed there.

But, my impression of what's written in the descriptions of the EO303 and EO320 on the web pages, is that only the phone control module has been updated, to control iPhones as well as Android phones.  The specs and images of the actual earbuds are the same.  I don't need iPhone control, so the one I ordered is fine, and $10 cheaper.

EO303 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2017-New-Upgraded-Original-1More-Piston-Pod-Earbud-Earphone-Headset-with-Remote-Mic-Retail-Box-for/32788414086.html
EO320 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/original-1More-xiaomi-earPod-Piston-super-bass-Earphone-Headset-metal-Earbud-with-Remote-Mic-for-Xiaomi/32733869878.html

My experience from these buds:
EO303 - mids, mids, mids and nothing but mids. I've formerly stated that I believe the tuner of that model must be tone deaf.
EO320 - devil bass, supreme devil bass, like having a sub woofer in each ear. Quite decent in the mids and highs as well, but lacking detail.

Feb 4, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #17,283 of 75,254

My experience from these buds:
EO303 - mids, mids, mids and nothing but mids. I've formerly stated that I believe the tuner of that model must be tone deaf.
EO320 - devil bass, supreme devil bass, like having a sub woofer in each ear. Quite decent in the mids and highs as well, but lacking detail.

Playing the 10 Hz - 200 Hz tones on - http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php - with my Onkyo DP-X1, and listening to the EO303, I can begin hearing the Bass at 20 Hz, and clearly hear it from 30 Hz on up.  

I'll bet the EO320 would be pretty impressive.

Feb 4, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #17,284 of 75,254
Both lookin good bro!!!!!! It is awesome you are part of DIY crew now.

My big question to you is can you quickly compare Yinman 150 and SHE3800 with the new cable. I always thought Yinman 150 sounded like a more refined 3800. Is the gap between those two smaller now?

Call me crazy but from what I'm hearing the 3800 with upgraded cable is a yinman 150 with better bass. Mids and highs are almost identical, the difference is minimal. The yinman does have a wider soundstage, also more airier than the 3800. Details are better on the 150 but, the 3800 doesn't fall short.

This is what I heard though ymmv. :)

Feb 4, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #17,285 of 75,254
Call me crazy but from what I'm hearing the 3800 with upgraded cable is a yinman 150 with better bass. Mids and highs are almost identical, the difference is minimal. The yinman does have a wider soundstage, also more airier than the 3800. Details are better on the 150 but, the 3800 doesn't fall short.

This is what I heard though ymmv.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeeeeeee that is what I was hoping I'd hear!

Okay SHE3800 you're next 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 5, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #17,286 of 75,254
already ordered my 3rd she3800. Broken driver, give to relatives and this time I'm gonna keep it to myself + recable for sure.

Feb 5, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #17,287 of 75,254
I am not a big fan of the Ucotech after all. It satisfies on having crazy forward mids but is too bright for me. Anyone in the usa who wants to give them a try, feel free to contact, i can send them out for free.

Feb 5, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #17,291 of 75,254
Feb 5, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #17,292 of 75,254
These arrived yesterday, from what I've listened to so far this was a great recommendation @golov17

Can't wait for your impressions. Hopefully another budget champion.

Feb 5, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #17,294 of 75,254
After testing almost all the budget options except Qian39 my preference is

1. VE Monk
2. Qian25
3.Ty hi-z 32 for the bassheads - Sony +808E for the fit
4. Philips 3800 (albeit only one side worked)

Since diminishing returns plays such a big part in earbuds i dont know if i should spend more for a little upgrade.

Feb 5, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #17,295 of 75,254
What's the latest flavor of the month earbud around here? Been out of the addiction for a while.

My favourite by the way is still the Auglamour RX1, the clarity, detail and balance in these is ridiculously good and so is the build quality. WAY better than the Monk imo. All of this using the heavy donut foams from the monk expansion pack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back