Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 31, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #15,781 of 75,726
The more I read about K's 500 the more I am glad I never bought one! Sounds like all the wrong characteristics of a bud for me. I'm tempted by the AKG for vocal listening, but I haven't had the urge to buy anything new in ridiculously long. If I don't post much more in here it's because I'm plenty happy with whatever I have... 
wink.gif

Dec 31, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #15,782 of 75,726
The more I read about K's 500 the more I am glad I never bought one! Sounds like all the wrong characteristics of a bud for me. I'm tempted by the AKG for vocal listening, but I haven't had the urge to buy anything new in ridiculously long. If I don't post much more in here it's because I'm plenty happy with whatever I have... :wink:

My sentiments exactly. Until I saw those ABnormal earbuds and saw Marty Feldman before me...

They look really nice and that old hunting instinct got scent of a new prey...

Edit: also, for vocals QFred is number one. A bit expensive though but still leagues above all other midcentric earbuds I have owned...

Dec 31, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #15,783 of 75,726
My sentiments exactly. Until I saw those ABnormal earbuds and saw Marty Feldman before me...

They look really nice and that old hunting instinct got scent of a new prey...

Edit: also, for vocals QFred is number one. A bit expensive though but still leagues above all other midcentric earbuds I have owned...

I'm still leaning towards QFred over Campfred. Would have got the whole lineup by now if I could have afforded it... How is QFred bass relative to Edimun V3? similar depth/impact? I've been using basically just Edimun V3 Rhodium, Red De'mun, Cygnus, Qian39 and Monk+ with my Walnut these days. I also still like my Yinman 150 a lot but almost never find time for anything but those listed already I guess having heard other TOTL stuff like MX985 and certain Blox I know I love what I am hearing, but I know I need to hear how the Cypheruses stack up firsthand.

Dec 31, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #15,784 of 75,726
I'm still leaning towards QFred over Campfred. Would have got the whole lineup by now if I could have afforded it... How is QFred bass relative to Edimun V3? similar depth/impact? I've been using basically just Edimun V3 Rhodium, Red De'mun, Cygnus, Qian39 and Monk+ with my Walnut these days. I also still like my Yinman 150 a lot but almost never find time for anything but those listed already I guess having heard other TOTL stuff like MX985 and certain Blox I know I love what I am hearing, but I know I need to hear how the Cypheruses stack up firsthand.

QFred bass is closer to Monk+ or Cygnus than Edimun V3. It doesn't have a very deep impact but has got very nice texture (it feels like I'm talking about wines...). But it responds well to EQ. The main focus on QFred is the mids, but bass and treble isn't lacking in any way. CampFred on the other hand has got amazingly deep bass for a pair of earbuds, but not too dominating like sometimes on Edimun V3.

But now I want to know more about those ABnormal earbuds!

Dec 31, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #15,785 of 75,726
QFred bass is closer to Monk+ or Cygnus than Edimun V3. It doesn't have a very deep impact but has got very nice texture (it feels like I'm talking about wines...). But it responds well to EQ. The main focus on QFred is the mids, but bass and treble isn't lacking in any way. CampFred on the other hand has got amazingly deep bass for a pair of earbuds, but not too dominating like sometimes on Edimun V3.

But now I want to know more about those ABnormal earbuds!

Thanks, I knew they weren't going to be a bassy signature by any means, but as long as it has excellent depth and good clarity I am okay. 

Dec 31, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #15,786 of 75,726
I wouldn't count on the buzzing from being resolved completely, better just to send it back to get them replaced. 
If I remember reading correctly, the cable of these earbuds are also very special (ahem* Wagnus Cable?)

Yes. And they build their own driver too. So it can be out of stock anytime

Oh! Those two Indonesian buds look interesting! After the Cypherus earbuds together with Edimun V3 and Red De'mun, I'm a huge fan of Indonesian DIY earbud boutiques. Too bad about Dipios, though.

That's why i recommended it. So many local builder and production house here. But only a few that fullfill this group standard

@Joy Boy

You don't say how much they cost...

Ah, i forgot. I'll ask them how it cost in dollar. I only know the price in IDR.
Maybe it's around $65-$75

Jan 1, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #15,788 of 75,726
Happy new year!
I wish you all in 2017 a lot of new earbuds discoveries and satisfactory purchases.
I love you all - you positively crazy people :)
I am sorry I don't post so often here now but I still follow this thread all the time and realy enjoy it.
I wish one day we could all meet together in person but taking into account we are from all over the world, I know this is rather unrealistic unfortunatelly.

Jan 1, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #15,790 of 75,726
Which earbud is neutral yet musical with a slight lift in bass region with no peaks and dips from mids to higher treble?

Jan 1, 2017 at 5:20 AM Post #15,792 of 75,726
i would actually agree with the upper post. Red Demun is more of what you're asking for. I think Edimun V3 would be a little too V shaped for you, but you'd probably still enjoy it, just not as much as the Red De'mun.  The Red De'mun has consistently been one of my favorites, period, since I got it - dethroned the MX985 without much of a fight personally - and the Edimun kind of took the back seat for me.

I am wondering though, I remember some people saying the Edimun V3 sound sig changes noticably depending on what kind of connector is used. Mine's rhodium. What's the difference with a gold plug? I have no idea what the gold plug one sounds like but the rhodium plug one is fabulous. Since I don't/can't EQ with my Walnut, I find myself using my Edimun a lot more than I ever did before. I think it had a bit less appeal when using it on my desktop setup with an already heavily tweaked EQ.

Jan 1, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #15,793 of 75,726
Happy new year guys..
May this year you and I spend less money on audio than in 2016....

Jan 1, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #15,794 of 75,726
Who sells Red Demun?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back