Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 17, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #15,422 of 75,351
Massive props to fasttech for refunding my money for the SHE3800. I still want a decent earbud so which one should i buy? I like the Monk+ but i want more clarity.

Qian39
Sony E808+
SHE3800 (again)

The left side of my SHE3800 was working but the sound was really off not sure if they sound like that...

Dec 17, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #15,423 of 75,351
  Massive props to fasttech for refunding my money for the SHE3800. I still want a decent earbud so which one should i buy? I like the Monk+ but i want more clarity.

Qian39
Sony E808+
SHE3800 (again)

The left side of my SHE3800 was working but the sound was really off not sure if they sound like that...

All three

Dec 17, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #15,424 of 75,351

Qian39
Sony E808+
SHE3800 (again)

Sounds like what you want is edifier H185

Dec 17, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #15,425 of 75,351
Some recent earbuds ranked (best-worst as i see it) and reviewed:

1)Boarseman mx98  - full awesome sound, lots of bass and mids, very forward sounding which is not a plus, still these are the fullest sound of the lot
2)Qian39 - great bass and sound, only problem is maybe its not smooth or refined enough, but greater than much more expensive buds, I would love for others to try these out
3)These random Samsung Earbuds I have - super forward sounding but also super bass, very full, shocking, i found these in an old drawer, no idea what device they came with
4)Yuin Pk2 - bass doesn't pop out, overall sound good though, something nice about yuins, silky? I dunno
5)Yuin pk3 - in some ways better than pk2 (maybe more bss/but also more forward), also that but i still think pk2 is better I cant say why
6)Monk Classic - great overall sound - comparable to yuins in sound sig but not as detailed, monk plus is a bit brighter and more detailed but i dont like it as much
7)**** Pt15 - very detailed but too bright, I love all the designs features though. Will try to reshell
8)Monk Plus (see Monk Classic above)
9)9wave NW Studio Pro - had a a bad frequency, not as good as yuin's, overly pricey, big let down
10)Mr K's 64 ohm -  i dunno, ill put them here...but these react very well to eq, may be up with yuins, not sure. Very smooth overall though, I want to rank higher but I can't quantity why. I dislike the cable.
11)Faaeal 64 ohm - a bit thin sounding, don't like the cable
12) Apple earpods - you know
13) Apple earbuds 

Dear everyone, I came into earbuds thinking the first wave of Apple earbuds were good enough. They are still better than a lot of things. I consider all the above to be acceptable to me 6 years ago. Its amazing how much earbuds have changed. Also, I dont have time to sit down and really review but I wanted to give back a bit. I find the subjective experience and time to get adjusted to sound to be an interesting psychological game. Things sound bad at first then you warm up to them, the eq and device will effect sound , etc. Hope this list helps in some way. I think Qian39s are absolutely amazing for the price. It sucks wasting money on stuff , and earphones are one of those things where the amount you spend does not nesc. mean you are getting something better. I think cheapness is important for earbuds since they break so ******* easily. 

Devices I use: iphone 6s, Son ix-2000 (good Dac)
Music: Rock, stuff like pavement, sebadoh, father john misty, helvetia, etc

*with this is mind, anyone have any suggestions for anything else i would like that might be better than the Boarseman?

We don't share the same taste in earbuds but do have similar taste in music!

Edit: agreed on the k64. At least with the silver cable version, just ok but doesn't shine in any way. I only use it when a really long cable is needed.

Dec 17, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #15,426 of 75,351

Qian39
Sony E808+
SHE3800 (again)

K's 64ohm (white), IMO, Monk+'s sound signature with a bit more clarity and more forward midrange.

Dec 17, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #15,427 of 75,351

Qian39
Sony E808+
SHE3800 (again)

I don't know if you've seen this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/812853/absolute-best-budget-earbuds

Dec 17, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #15,430 of 75,351
  TY Hi-z. HP-400se
https://world.taobao.com/item/543117770078.htm

hp400, hp400s and now hp-400se, reminds me of iphones :p

also found this page (by following the link above) shows how they make the coil for the hp-650

Dec 17, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #15,432 of 75,351
Bought mine on taobao during 11.11 promotion. Not a fan of Monk+ sound myself, but K's 64 did remind me of a slightly cleaner sounding Monk+. IMO, other than Monk Candy (which is not sold anymore) this is the other earbud that sounds like Monk+ with some clarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back