Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
Apr 13, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #556 of 1,242
Im contemplating of buying an astrotec m90 is this good buy for 180 yuan(about 27 usd)? I havent heard meelec a151 that's why i have no idea of SQ. 

I'll say $27 is a great buy. A151 usually priced around $55 and you certainly find many of its review here in the forum.

Apr 14, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #557 of 1,242
Fantastic review, I couldnt read it all so I pdfed it on my cell so I got great mindblowing material with mee all the time 
bigsmile_face.gif
. Hope u dont mind...

Geat job!

Apr 14, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #558 of 1,242

Quote:
Fantastic review, I couldnt read it all so I pdfed it on my cell so I got great mindblowing material with mee all the time 
bigsmile_face.gif
. Hope u dont mind...

Geat job!

How did you pdf-ed it?

Apr 14, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #559 of 1,242
Looks like the brainwavz m4 are next for review. hope you like them as much as I do. Great Depth and Bass on these things.

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #560 of 1,242
Fantastic review, I couldnt read it all so I pdfed it on my cell so I got great mindblowing material with mee all the time :bigsmile_face: . Hope u dont mind...

Geat job!

Thank. :D

Looks like the brainwavz m4 are next for review. hope you like them as much as I do. Great Depth and Bass on these things.

M4 review should be posted in a day or two.

Apr 16, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #562 of 1,242
pretty sure it's already been asked but, for the same price , which is better the gr04 (the one you reviewed) or 06?

Yes, indeed I has been asked. Here was the answer I gave last year and it is still the same for now. Also, the review for VSONIC's IEM will be posted soon, probably within the next two day as I am about to finish my M4 review first.

I have had it since last week. It is a mid centric IEM and shares similar sound to VSONIC's own GR04 (meaning it doesn't sound like GR07). I haven't spent enough time with it but so far I can say it is a fantastic IEM for $50. Well worth the money but it is not going to beat GR07. Still I prefer it over GR04 so far.

Apr 16, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #563 of 1,242

Quote:
How did you pdf-ed it?

Lots of browser add-ons are avable 4 that. I use Single file 4 chrome, Opera has that builted in- save as single file, but hard core option is file 2 pdf printer softvare. I know for two free progs: bullzip pdf printer and cute pdf. They are present in system as hardware printers, so its just send file to printer, or print page, or.....
Window pops up to save it to... as pdf and voaila!

Easy, realy

Apr 16, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #564 of 1,242

Quote:
Lots of browser add-ons are avable 4 that. I use Single file 4 chrome, Opera has that builted in- save as single file, but hard core option is file 2 pdf printer softvare. I know for two free progs: bullzip pdf printer and cute pdf. They are present in system as hardware printers, so its just send file to printer, or print page, or.....
Window pops up to save it to... as pdf and voaila!

Easy, realy

Got it, Thx for the tip!

Apr 17, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #565 of 1,242
Amazing review ClieOS ... Very informative and enriching to a newbie like me :)

Apr 17, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #566 of 1,242
Brainwavz M4 added.

M4b.jpg

Balanced 7. Brainwavz M4 (link)
Deep V-shaped frequency response with lots of treble and bass and supposed to a bassy version of the bright sounding B2. While abundance and has decent depth, bass can be slightly boomy at time. However, it is not offensive and rather still quite enjoyable. Mid range, especially vocal, comes out clean and well detailed, but lacks a good sense of texture and warmness. It is further away in the whole presentation and can get slightly overpowered by other frequencies, especially in bass heavy, fast music. Treble is decently extended and crisp, but not quite as bright, detail or aggressive as B2. A peak around 12 kHz makes it sounds slightly grainy on the upper vocal, but again, nothing offensive or sibilant. Soundstage is above average, largely thanks to the recessed mid that gives more space between the listener and the performer.
Pro: Much cheaper if order from Amazon.
Con: Mild driver flex.

[COLOR=000080]Amazing review ClieOS ... Very informative and enriching to a newbie like me :)[/COLOR]

Glad you find ti useful :cool:

Apr 18, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #568 of 1,242
What in-ear brings most clarity in the midrange and treble without being harch or too analytical?

Generally you won't see many IEM that can do both mid and treble well at to same time. To me, it is about the balance between the two - I'll say Ortofon e-Q5 fits that description. On a slightly lesser degree, j-phonic K2 SP and a balanced driven RE272.

Apr 19, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #569 of 1,242
I know I becoming a huge fanboy of these but you should review the Rockit Sounds R-50 sometime, it would be a great addition to the balanced section.  At their price point I think they're easily one of the top bang for buck sets now, with its balanced detailed sound presented in a smoother way than many of the other TWFK based IEM's.  I hear the R-50 almost the same as joker hears the GR01 which can't be a bad thing.  

Just my two cents but I'm looking forward to your Aurvana IE3 review though mine are collecting dust now with the R-50 taking up all my time.

Apr 19, 2012 at 5:38 AM Post #570 of 1,242
I know I becoming a huge fanboy of these but you should review the Rockit Sounds R-50 sometime, it would be a great addition to the balanced section.  At their price point I think they're easily one of the top bang for buck sets now, with its balanced detailed sound presented in a smoother way than many of the other TWFK based IEM's.  I hear the R-50 almost the same as joker hears the GR01 which can't be a bad thing.  

Just my two cents but I'm looking forward to your Aurvana IE3 review though mine are collecting dust now with the R-50 taking up all my time.

Will try, but living on the opposite side of the world from the US do limit my opportunity on trying out new IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back