Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
Mar 31, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #526 of 1,242
Hey clieos,

A bunch of the pictures are wrong for me. Could be the phone I'm on, but you should scroll through and check.

Also, I think you should know that the Maximo Im 590 underwent a significant cable and plug upgrade. Consider adding that as a note on your review.

Mar 31, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #527 of 1,242
Also, any suggestion on natural sounding iems?

When I say natural, I want proper sounding snares, cymbals that sound like cymbals and etc. Not flat, not neutral, but natural and Proper sounding. Not overly detailed either. What you would call microdetailed, I would likely consider unnatural. Also should not be fatiguing.

Thanks for your time!

Mar 31, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #529 of 1,242

Quote:

Also, any suggestion on natural sounding iems?
When I say natural, I want proper sounding snares, cymbals that sound like cymbals and etc. Not flat, not neutral, but natural and Proper sounding. Not overly detailed either. What you would call microdetailed, I would likely consider unnatural. Also should not be fatiguing.
Thanks for your time!

The GR07 has the best percussion and cymbals I've ever heard in ANY iem. The way it renders them is near perfect.

Mar 31, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #530 of 1,242
x2 on the GR07 for cymbals and percussion kits.

Mar 31, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #534 of 1,242
Hey clieos,
A bunch of the pictures are wrong for me. Could be the phone I'm on, but you should scroll through and check.
Also, I think you should know that the Maximo Im 590 underwent a significant cable and plug upgrade. Consider adding that as a note on your review.

The pictures render fine on my Firefox. Most likely an issue on the mobile browser.

I know the iM590 reversion for a while now, but given what seems to be a lost of interest for Maximo in the IEM market (they announced a new IEM on about 2 year ago and yet to release it), I thought it really doesn't matter much to keep track on their current status. I'll update the info next time.

Apr 3, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #535 of 1,242
Clieos, i purchased the Shure SE215, but i am disappointed with it. Maybe i have fancied  too much... 
frown.gif

Apr 3, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #536 of 1,242
Clieos, i purchased the Shure SE215, but i am disappointed with it. Maybe i have fancied  too much... :frowning2:

Sorry to hear that. What do you don't like about it?

Apr 4, 2012 at 6:29 AM Post #537 of 1,242
I do have a pair of XBA-2 and a pair of XBA-4 loaner waiting for me to collect and review at the local Sony HQ. The problem is, the Sony HQ is so far away, I'll need to take two days off from work, travel over 6 hours and spend a night at hotel to get them. Worst of, I will have to repeat the process to return the loan units. That's too much time and money for me to review two IEM, so I am forced to abandon the review plan for now. I will wait till early May when I have the chance to visit Singapore, where I'll pick up a pair of XBA-1 myself. Depends on how much money I'll have by then, maybe something else as well.

A bit of update and it is a good news. The local Sony HQ has agreed to send me the loaner units by delivery service to save me some traveling time so my plan to review the XBA series is back on track. But for now, I am not too sure if I am still reviewing the two models or more. We'll see. :D

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #540 of 1,242
XBA-2 and XBA-4 are most likely, I might end up getting the XBA-1 or S65 in May myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back