Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 10, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #2,224 of 75,670
@rudi0504 Do you prefer Ting earbud over VE Zen 2.0?

If I understood correctly, VE Zen 2.0 has deeper bass, a fuller sound and wider sound stage than Tomahawk but Zen 2.0 has focus a bit too strong on lows. 
On the other hand, Tomahawk has good balance & great instrument separation.

How about Ting against Zen 2.0? Is Ting more focus on lows like Zen 2.0? 

Love to hear your thoughts. Thank you. :)

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #2,226 of 75,670
Just for curiosity,

I ordered JVC gummy bud ($10) and AWEI earbud ($4)..
I am super disappoint with JVC Gummy, it has ZERO bass, literally ZERO bass. Waste of $10. I will never buy any JVC in my this life and next life too.

But AWEI is awesome, i feel it's the best value for money earbud. At $4, damn i couldn't believe the sound clarity, quality and bass i was getting.

Feb 11, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #2,227 of 75,670
AWEI is awesome, i feel it's the best value for money earbud. At $4, damn i couldn't believe the sound clarity, quality and bass i was getting.

The AWEI ES10 is what got me into earbuds.  I was blown away on how good they sounded for the price.

That said, I gave all of them away once I upgraded to some other budget earbuds like the Suvov S10/S20 or VE Monk.

--

Feb 11, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #2,228 of 75,670

AWEI is awesome, i feel it's the best value for money earbud. At $4, damn i couldn't believe the sound clarity, quality and bass i was getting.

The AWEI ES10 is what got me into earbuds.  I was blown away on how good they sounded for the price.

That said, I gave all of them away once I upgraded to some other budget earbuds like the Suvov S10/S20 or VE Monk.

--

I have ordered VE ZEn 2.0, Monk, Mrice, Jiushao E300.. everything is in transit :frowning2:
So couldn't resist myself, and ordered those earbuds which are available in India.

I am thinking of ordering Tomahawk earbud now...

Feb 11, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #2,229 of 75,670
Got a few new earbuds.  Still testing them out, but here are my quick thoughts:

Suvov MX360 on the Left   ---------------  BENJIE BJ-49 on the Right

The Suvov MX360 has an interesting design and fit.  I actually found wearing them backwards (Right in Left and Left in Right) provides the clearest sound.  Bass seems decently neutral with equal sub-bass and mid-bass, Mids seem just a bit veil while still detailed enough and Highs are rolled off early, giving the earbuds a relaxed sound signature.  The MX360, like the S10/S20 has a J Cord that is shorter than most.  I found the 3.5mm plug does show signs of static if moved in the source.

The BENJIE BJ-49 is a decent budget earbud as well.  Tight Controlled Bass, ever so slightly recessed mids and tame highs.  Enjoyable sound, though no where near my favorite.  The housing and cable look good from far away, but show some blemishes up close.  It has a Y cord that is feels good and a good length. 

--

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #2,233 of 75,670

TOMAHAWK vs ASURA 2.0? anyone? Who have these 2 buds?

If someone is willing to buy my Zen 2.0 with Monks as bonus for a little over $100 with registered shipping (only about 20 hours of use on the Zens), I would be happy to buy the Asura 2.0...

Try AKG K319
wink.gif

Pretty good earbuds, but now they are difficult to find for resonable prices since they have been discontinued for a few years...

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #2,235 of 75,670

If someone is willing to buy my Zen 2.0 with Monks as bonus for a little over $100 with registered shipping (only about 20 hours of use on the Zens), I would be happy to buy the Asura 2.0...

Pretty good earbuds, but now they are difficult to find for resonable prices since they have been discontinued for a few years...

So this means, in your book, the Tomahawk has already won over you eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back