Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 27, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #21,753 of 75,451
Anyone still keep the Sony MDR-E931 (or 0931) ? Kinda old bud these days, I don't know if they are comparable to any budget earbuds today (VE Monk for example). Gonna get my hands on them soon, but I still wanna know how they sound, they used to be very popular - back in the day, 2000s maybe. There are some impression can be found on head-fi, but they're outdated and not so useful nowadays. Any comment will be welcomed, cause I don't have much expectation on them.

Jul 27, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #21,754 of 75,451
Jul 27, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #21,756 of 75,451
Just received the Faaeal I ordered last week (it's been about a week from China to Amsterdam...).

first 5 minutes with it: WOW.

I'll give it some time to settle, but now with the donut foams it sounds very full and surprisingly enough there is even a lot of bass!

I'm glad i found this thread :)

These are the headphones. I chose them because they have the microphone, sturdy jack and strong looking cable: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HIF...lgo_pvid=51b8e2ec-d405-4c66-8731-9ef8121b3410

Testing them a bit with this song, it's surprising how wide it sounds:

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #21,757 of 75,451
I currently own the monk + (standard and espresso), the Ollivan K300, and the Tomahawks, and I need some advice on my next purchase. I've narrowed it down to:

Auglamour Rx-1
**** Z&W
NICEHCK EB200
Qian 39
Qian 25

Any help is much appreciated! And happy listening to all! :)

Jul 28, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #21,758 of 75,451
Hear, hear. Let this be known. 170728 marks the day that I realized @Cyperus is an absolute earbud genius.

I've already had CampFred 2 and Blue Darth for a couple of days, and I really liked them (though they are still burning in). But yesterday I received a pair of CAX Black from @Danneq, since he needs to buy a truckload of diapers for his baby (or something) and already have a pair of Red Dragons.

I stayed up all night (pun intended) and the CAXes are simply fantastic. I've a shipment of interesting buds incoming from NICEHCK that I honestly couldn't care less about right now. I just want to rediscover all my music on the CAXes. If you get the chance to try them out. Don't miss that opportunity. And if you can snag one of the few pairs out there (ten something) - don't miss it. You will regret it! If you are looking for a pair of neutral buds that extends far and beyond, the CAX black is your answer. Even if the cardas cables are stiff like hell (!)

Meanwhile I'll be deep into Manfred Mann's Earth Band.

Jul 28, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #21,759 of 75,451
I own a E0931. I really like the highs. Mid slightly recessed but smooth. and bass light. This is comparing to monk+. These days lots of other budget earbud better and more balance than E0931.

Anyone still keep the Sony MDR-E931 (or 0931) ? Kinda old bud these days, I don't know if they are comparable to any budget earbuds today (VE Monk for example). Gonna get my hands on them soon, but I still wanna know how they sound, they used to be very popular - back in the day, 2000s maybe. There are some impression can be found on head-fi, but they're outdated and not so useful nowadays. Any comment will be welcomed, cause I don't have much expectation on them.

Jul 28, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #21,760 of 75,451
I was about to order a pair of Monk + from VE on Aliexpress when i noticed this... not sure what to make of it :wink:

FOnqV9s.png

Jul 28, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #21,761 of 75,451
I was about to order a pair of Monk + from VE on Aliexpress when i noticed this... not sure what to make of it :wink:

FOnqV9s.png

Despite seeing this, I just pulled the trigger since if you go for the cheapest once, it only cost you 5usd................... so yeah, go ahead and don't hesitate because others companies/sellers from China that do state that they will offer you 1 year or longer warranty period might not replace your faulty unit too.................. have more faith in your luck...............

Jul 28, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #21,764 of 75,451
Hear, hear. Let this be known. 170728 marks the day that I realized @Cyperus is an absolute earbud genius.

I've already had CampFred 2 and Blue Darth for a couple of days, and I really liked them (though they are still burning in). But yesterday I received a pair of CAX Black from @Danneq, since he needs to buy a truckload of diapers for his baby (or something) and already have a pair of Red Dragons.

I stayed up all night (pun intended) and the CAXes are simply fantastic. I've a shipment of interesting buds incoming from NICEHCK that I honestly couldn't care less about right now. I just want to rediscover all my music on the CAXes. If you get the chance to try them out. Don't miss that opportunity. And if you can snag one of the few pairs out there (ten something) - don't miss it. You will regret it! If you are looking for a pair of neutral buds that extends far and beyond, the CAX black is your answer. Even if the cardas cables are stiff like hell (!)

Meanwhile I'll be deep into Manfred Mann's Earth Band.

Congrats! I think that is the best part of the hobby rediscovering again your collection and discovering new nuances! Speaking about Cypherus do you know why the Cypherus thread has been deleted?

Jul 28, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #21,765 of 75,451
Does anyone know if the Music Maker TY2 Pro has any upgrades beyond MMCX, compared to the original TY2?
At NiceHCK they quote a larger frequency range, while at the other seller they're quoted as the same - only thing I managed to get out of them when asking was the MMCX connector.
Rather liked the original so would be nice to see a further upgrade in it's sonic abilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back