Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 29, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #19,921 of 75,348
A closer look at the EPK1: *Note, I can not post up a link to the product*

P1090203.jpg

Intro - The EPK1 is a custom built earbud using PK1 type housings.

Build - The EPK1 has a well thought out design and materials. The cable is soft, pliable and quite light. The 3.5mm plug has substantial strain relief. The silver jewelry along with the chin sliders adds a lot of personality to these earbuds. The only issue is that the thinner cables can tangle near the housings from time to time.

Sound - The focus of the signature is that of the mids and highs. There is a large amount of clarity and detail with the EPK1 playback. Bass is delicate, as the lows are very laid back with little power. This is not an earbud for bass lovers. During certain tracks, the EPK1 can get a touch bright, though not to the levels of being harsh. Soundstage has a good depth, separation and a nice airy feel.

Driving - With a rating of 32Ω, they are easy enough to drive, though I've found the EPK1 pairs best with warmer sources, such as the Fiio X1 2nd Gen.

Final Thoughts
- The EPK1 is an earbud for those looking for a high amount of clarity in the mids and highs, with less focus on the lows. It has a quality build, though prone to tangle at times. Overall, you are really getting a lot for this price range.

P1090200.jpg

P1090193.jpg

P1090199.jpg

--

Apr 30, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #19,923 of 75,348
Svara-L - tilting toward the warm side with a rich, smooth, fairly musical and relexing sound, plus a very good soundstage. Overall probably a Contender level, more or less. It is only $60 on Taobao and punching way above its price.
So no contender to the Shozy BK?

Apr 30, 2017 at 6:48 AM Post #19,924 of 75,348
Hey @ClieOS! Is there an improvement on v2 version of K's earphone over the v1? Also, can you say which category the 64 Ohms would fit? If I remember correctly the 300 Ohms was a good one in your list.

K's 500ohm v2 is a 'small' upgrade over v1 - small in the sense that v1 is already a really great sounding earbuds, and v2 is more of an evolution than a revolution. The main area of difference is that v2 is tuned more toward as a all-rounder than v1 that is more suitable for fast / live music and especially rock.

I never rated (or listened to) the original K's 300ohm before. While I haven't really done much ranking / comparative listening these days but I reckon K's 300 v2 probably is somewhere in the upper great where K64 is in the mid to lower great.

So no contender to the Shozy BK?
It is damn good, but not quite ToTL yet.

Apr 30, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #19,925 of 75,348
hello,

I searching budget earbuds (4-8USD) with microphone to my smartphone, that why i searching for good quality mic.
I now using BYZ S600 but they have really poor quality microphone.

I read some topics about earbuds but i never find any test about microphone. Can someone recommend me earbuds with good quality microphone??

Apr 30, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #19,926 of 75,348
Apr 30, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #19,927 of 75,348
hello,

I searching budget earbuds (4-8USD) with microphone to my smartphone, that why i searching for good quality mic.
I now using BYZ S600 but they have really poor quality microphone.

I read some topics about earbuds but i never find any test about microphone. Can someone recommend me earbuds with good quality microphone??

Try these: https://goo.gl/bP2yYE

I tried them. They are good and very good sound quality good quality Mic. However, one of the speakers stopped working in my case but that might happen (considering the price) as my Monk+ also stopped working now (mic not working any more).

May 1, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #19,931 of 75,348
Hello guys, im new here ^_^

Anyone here using Fiio X5III + YINMAN 600 Ohm combo ?
i wonder what kind of portable amp do you guys use ?

For now im using CMOY Rechargeable + LME49710NA ( if im not wrong, this OPAMP would enable me to drive 600ohm ) , but i still feel like Yinman 600 have more potential if paired with a correct amp. ( simply saying, i dont really think cmoy + lme49710 output power is able to drive 600ohm )

Here in Indonesia not many people own Yinman 600ohm, hence i would like to hear your 2cents about powering this Yinman 600ohm.

*notes : i would like the amp to be as portable as possible to pair with my Fiio X5III = )
*notes : i'm eyeing FIIO A5, on paper it said up to 300ohm maks, however ive been reading reviews that people pair it with beyer dt880 & r70x and have good reviews on them.

Thankyou before ^_^

May 1, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #19,932 of 75,348
Can you post the pics and description of the mod here or in the DIY thread, please?
Hey mate, sry i havent been frequenting this forum ever since the change in the layout as i use it mostly on mobile and it isnt really friendly right now lol

May 1, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #19,933 of 75,348
Hey mate, sry i havent been frequenting this forum ever since the change in the layout as i use it mostly on mobile and it isnt really friendly right now lol

Tell me about it! The browser on my old Sony android mobile phone crashes whenever I enter the new Head fi site. It works better with my Lenovo android tablet (I'm using it now). Still, desktop is the best but the new site unfortunately lacks many basic features such as "search thread"...

May 1, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #19,934 of 75,348
@Danneq Yea its so hard to navigate the site. But at least now i can get ard my subscriptions lol. And there's a mobile site too!

Hope it gets better tho. The old site was simple but it does its job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back