Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Nov 5, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #1,291 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by indydieselnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used the quote function, sorry! I believe it's the other way around. The teflon socket has a matte, almost translucent look to it while the stock sockets are glossy.

It would be the first time I've been wrong if I have this backwards, so anyone else is free to chime in
smily_headphones1.gif

You are correct, my teflon socket is matte finish.

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #1,292 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by sillysally /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't you or SE have a tracking number?

Yes in my case the Sophia Princess Mesh Plate 274B rectifier seems to have a short life. I had my first SP replaced after about 20 days. Now after about 5 months of use (5 hours a day) my second SP looks like it may not have much life left in it. It has turned dark and is sparking once when my 6SEM is started.
The SP is a very nice rectifer and and seems to be very good for a range of rigs.

However what I have found was using a EML 274B Solid Plate and a Black Sand Violet V1 power cord on my source player, really makes my 6SEM shine and is a nice improvement over the SP.

ss

SE chose to sent the replacement via Airmail without tracking and insurance with the reason of cheaper cost and this is what I am suffering now. Thats for the input on EML. Jack should consider promoting EML instead.

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #1,293 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by OutdoorXplorer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Latest from Sophia Electric, no replacement for the missing package unless I subsidize/share the cost for another tube and shipping. SE is asking 50%...

That is rather unfair for a customer as the defected tube was returned with Registered Post and Insurance to ensure safe arrival but the return shipping was just a normal Airmail. And now the parcel is no where to be located. According to SE, the package was shipped out on October 03 and it has been more than a month now, my package to them took approx 2 weeks arrive.

It looks like I am heading to EML for a better tube and customer service since the requested sum is not justifiable. Sad... as my spare SP274B is also begun to turn darker now.

I will go EML instead if I have to pay half on the replacement. Do Sue give you a tracking number? She shipped my with delivery confirmation.

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #1,294 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will go EML instead if I have to pay half on the replacement. Do Sue give you a tracking number? She shipped my with delivery confirmation.

That is exactly what I am planning since many favors EML over SP now. Unfortunately, mine was shipped without tracking and was told it should be safe and cheaper via Airmail. What a great customer service experience.

Nov 5, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #1,295 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by Henerenry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What a handsome looking amo, Ive specced exactly the same amp and should recieve it by months end
smily_headphones1.gif

I noticed that your amp seems to have different tube sockets anyway? Are these the black ones that have been popping up in pics?

Yep, these are the black sockets with machined pins. Very nice!

Congratulations on your new amp. I'm sure you will be most delighted.

Nov 5, 2009 at 4:44 AM Post #1,296 of 42,298
My experience with Sophia customer service has been exceptional.
Email response is almost immediate, regardless of time of day.
I ordered a replacement SP274B about 10PM Sunday night, California time, and it is now playing in my WA6 (Wednesday afternoon). Yes, I did the express shipment.
If you send an email, I would be very surprised if you did not get a prompt and satisfactory response.

Nov 5, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #1,297 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmoorman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My experience with Sophia customer service has been exceptional.
Email response is almost immediate, regardless of time of day.
I ordered a replacement SP274B about 10PM Sunday night, California time, and it is now playing in my WA6 (Wednesday afternoon). Yes, I did the express shipment.
If you send an email, I would be very surprised if you did not get a prompt and satisfactory response.

I have no complaints of their response towards email but the way they manage their after sales is not satisfactory.

Nov 5, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #1,298 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by sillysally /img/forum/go_quote.gif
<snip>
Yes in my case the Sophia Princess Mesh Plate 274B rectifier seems to have a short life. I had my first SP replaced after about 20 days. Now after about 5 months of use (5 hours a day) my second SP looks like it may not have much life left in it.
<snip>

ss

Man! That's an absurdly short life span for what the tube costs! I was considering buying one of those next year but knowing that, I'd rather stay with my pedestrian 5AR4 !

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #1,299 of 42,298
Quote:

I have no complaints of their response towards email but the way they manage their after sales is not satisfactory.

X2, the only reason they replace our defective SP is Jack gave them hard time about it. I think this maybe the reason Jack start to stock EML tubes.

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #1,300 of 42,298
Quote:

X2, the only reason they replace our defective SP is Jack gave them hard time about it. I think this maybe the reason Jack start to stock EML tubes.

I think along the same reason and EML is the best alternative for now. I was surprised when SE asked for subsidy when the replacement got loss which were not my fault and there wasn't any evidence that the tube was delivered. All I received was just an email notification that the tube was shipped on October 03, 2009. It never arrives, that it...

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #1,301 of 42,298
I don't think sue is lying, it may very well that the tube went MIA. They should replace it since she have no confirmation it is delivered. A delivered confirmation is less than a $1.00, I have no idea why she does not take that option. Anyhow, I will be getting EML 5U4G mesh after that Christmas tree pic.

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #1,302 of 42,298
Quote:

I don't think sue is lying, it may very well that the tube went MIA. They should replace it since she have no confirmation it is delivered. A delivered confirmation is less than a $1.00, I have no idea why she does not take that option. Anyhow, I will be getting EML 5U4G mesh after that Christmas tree pic.

I amended my earlier post, I am sure SE shipped out the tube but parcels sometimes do go missing. I can accept a simple apology but instead I was told that they never had such experience and requested for 50:50 sharing if I want another tube to be replaced/shipped.

I will just forget about the SP274B for now and my second SP274B which I salvage from a local user is weakening after 400 hours. The glass begins to turn darker like the earlier tube too. I am saving some funds for a EML 5U4G and hope to get it before X'Mas.

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:45 PM Post #1,303 of 42,298
Quote:

I am saving some funds for a EML 5U4G and hope to get it before X'Mas.

Same here. Every time I have the fund to purchase it, there is some new portable amp caught my attentions.

Nov 5, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #1,304 of 42,298
Quote:

I amended my earlier post, I am sure SE shipped out the tube but parcels sometimes do go missing. I can accept a simple apology but instead I was told that they never had such experience and requested for 50:50 sharing if I want another tube to be replaced/shipped.

I will just forget about the SP274B for now and my second SP274B which I salvage from a local user is weakening after 400 hours. The glass begins to turn darker like the earlier tube too. I am saving some funds for a EML 5U4G and hope to get it before X'Mas.

You would think the poor customer service, and unreliable product would eventually hurt SE's sales. I for one will keep away. I'm sure others will too..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back