Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jan 14, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #7,861 of 42,298
jax;

So you like ADG, are you waiting to see if they ship your DAC/AMP before they go on holiday. It seems that with ADG its a crap shoot when they will end up shipping.

For the folks that have to use optical and there gears are stationary, consider going with a good glass fiber optical.

Jan 15, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #7,862 of 42,298
I used to have a lot of drop outs when I was going wireless using a Linksys router even with an external signal amplifier and high gain antennas. Then I switch the Linksys for an Airport Extreme and the drop out were greatly reduced but not totally eliminated. Then I added two Airport Express (one per system) as extenders and connect the Ethernet output of the Express to the input in the Squeezebox and all drop out are gone.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Jan 15, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #7,863 of 42,298

Quote:
jax;

So you like ADG, are you waiting to see if they ship your DAC/AMP before they go on holiday. It seems that with ADG its a crap shoot when they will end up shipping.

For the folks that have to use optical and there gears are stationary, consider going with a good glass fiber optical.

Hi SillySally - Sorry, I'm not following regarding the AudioGD gear. I have a Ref. 8 DAC already - I don't have anything on order with them right now.  It's only got about 75 hours on it thus far, but yes, I do like it very much.  I guess they are out of them for now unless and until they get more PCM1704 chips.  I don't have one of their amps.  I think the current backup is due to their pending 10-day vacation coming up, as well as an abundance of orders.  I think it's really challenging for a small business to keep up with rapid growth, and I'm betting that's what Kingwa is trying to juggle.  As far as I'm concerned, they delivered when they said they would (actually earlier as I recall), but I think that was because it was something they already had in stock when I ordered it.  I think the trouble has come in orders where they actually have to build the products to fill the order (most of them these days I guess) - that's where it seems the only complaints I've read are generated from.  My experience with them was excellent, so I can't complain.  I don't own one of the their amps though.  I'm still trying to decide on a low-profile amp for my LCD-2's in my office as the Woo will leave some big shoes to fill, as it were.  My current short list does include the ROC SA,  Meier Concerto, or Violectric V181.  I just committed to selling my WA6SEm to a local buyer
frown.gif
so for now am stepping away from the Woo owners club, but hope to remain an honorary member - and could be back someday when I get more space to play with again - my office has become kind of like managing one's belongings while living in a sailboat. 

As far my remarks about toslink - I am basing my own observations on a Wireworld SuperNova 5+ which is indeed a glass toslink cable.  It is clearly bested in my application, and in previous ones I've tried it on, by a coaxial alternative...my ears, my music, my system and my opinion. YMMV, as always. 

Jan 15, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #7,864 of 42,298
I'm planning on getting a 2nd amp (not parting with the WA22) and am considering Burson and Violectric.  Let us know what you decide.  All of my Headphones are balanced so leaning towards Violectric 181 or waiting for the balanced version of their 200 which hopefully will come out this year.

Quote:

Quote:
jax;

Hi SillySally - Sorry, I'm not following regarding the AudioGD gear. I have a Ref. 8 DAC already - I don't have anything on order with them right now.  It's only got about 75 hours on it thus far, but yes, I do like it very much.  I guess they are out of them for now unless and until they get more PCM1704 chips.  I don't have one of their amps.  I think the current backup is due to their pending 10-day vacation coming up, as well as an abundance of orders.  I think it's really challenging for a small business to keep up with rapid growth, and I'm betting that's what Kingwa is trying to juggle.  As far as I'm concerned, they delivered when they said they would (actually earlier as I recall), but I think that was because it was something they already had in stock when I ordered it.  I think the trouble has come in orders where they actually have to build the products to fill the order (most of them these days I guess) - that's where it seems the only complaints I've read are generated from.  My experience with them was excellent, so I can't complain.  I don't own one of the their amps though.  I'm still trying to decide on a low-profile amp for my LCD-2's in my office as the Woo will leave some big shoes to fill, as it were.  My current short list does include the ROC SA,  Meier Concerto, or Violectric V181.  I just committed to selling my WA6SEm to a local buyer
frown.gif
so for now am stepping away from the Woo owners club, but hope to remain an honorary member - and could be back someday when I get more space to play with again - my office has become kind of like managing one's belongings while living in a sailboat.

As far my remarks about toslink - I am basing my own observations on a Wireworld SuperNova 5+ which is indeed a glass toslink cable.  It is clearly bested in my application, and in previous ones I've tried it on, by a coaxial alternative...my ears, my music, my system and my opinion. YMMV, as always. 

Jan 15, 2011 at 5:28 AM Post #7,865 of 42,298

Quote:
Spud, check out www.bluejeanscable.com. I have very good experience with their cables. All my speaker cables and HT are from bluejeanscable.

X2, I use their products as well. Excellent quality and sound.

Jan 15, 2011 at 5:38 AM Post #7,866 of 42,298

Quote:
Who was looking for Bad Boys here?  These just came up on A'gon.  I have no connection whatsoever to the seller and could not recommend them specifically, but seem to recall someone recently mentioning they were having a hard time finding some.

There are a few of us looking for them, myself included. Thanks for the tip. I've looked at those particular tubes before and FWIW, they do not meet the strict definition of Bad Boy AFAIK. They look like chrome dome to me. I'm basing this opinion on some info that Skylab and others more knowledgeable than me have posted here in the past.
I also might be completely wrong about this
confused_face(1).gif

Jan 15, 2011 at 7:11 AM Post #7,867 of 42,298

Quote:
Quote:
Who was looking for Bad Boys here?  These just came up on A'gon.  I have no connection whatsoever to the seller and could not recommend them specifically, but seem to recall someone recently mentioning they were having a hard time finding some.

There are a few of us looking for them, myself included. Thanks for the tip. I've looked at those particular tubes before and FWIW, they do not meet the strict definition of Bad Boy AFAIK. They look like chrome dome to me. I'm basing this opinion on some info that Skylab and others more knowledgeable than me have posted here in the past.
confused_face(1).gif

Well they are sold already, did someone here buy them?

Jan 15, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #7,868 of 42,298

Quote:

Quote:
jax;

frown.gif

Why I asked if you waiting for a AGD is because of the promo  NFB 10 that now has been discontinued, that would seem to be a good match for your needs unless you use your 8DAC at work but that also has a large foot print.
I wasn't knocking kingwa but there are some longer delivery times, at least for now.

I wasn't trying to get into a cord/cable debate, all i was suggesting was if you had to use optical, not that optical is better.

Anyway I do agree the PCM 1704UK with the DSP1v5 is a very nice DAC combo, I have the DAC19 DSP1v5 @ 1704UK. Didn't need to go to your extreme 8DAC.but I did talk to kingwa about what DAC would work best with my WA5LE, and yes I took his advice.
wink.gif

Jan 15, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #7,869 of 42,298

Quote:

Quote:
jax;

frown.gif

I got the Wireworld SuperNova 5+ also and want to echo the comments by Jax about it.  Really a good cable.

Jan 15, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #7,870 of 42,298

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

confused_face(1).gif

I went to the page to take a  look, and they were sold on day 0!

Jan 15, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #7,871 of 42,298
Jax,

For SS why not consider a Matrix Mini I?  $300.  Over at Headphonista they went nuts for it.

More upscale:  The new Grace 903 looks killer.  Separate power supplies for DAC and amp.  USB 24/192 (maybe 96) Wavelenght asynch USB.  All in one package.  $2K though but possibly a giant killer.

Jan 15, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #7,872 of 42,298

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:
Quote:

confused_face(1).gif

I went to the page to take a  look, and they were sold on day 0!

I emailed the guy to see if he was willing to mail them (as opposed to UPS) and he said he has more pairs. Has anyone with the appropriate knowledge/experience taken a look at them that knows if they are the genuine article or not? When I got my oval mica TSRPs I was under the impression that they were the real thing but they can't be actual TSRPs if they are oval right? Anyways it would be nice to resolve this chrome dome thing, to know if they are really Bad Boys or not before proceeding as I have spent quit a bit on tubes lately and really don't need these anyways but I am curious.
confused.gif

Jan 15, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #7,873 of 42,298

Quote:
Jax,

For SS why not consider a Matrix Mini I?  $300.  Over at Headphonista they went nuts for it.

More upscale:  The new Grace 903 looks killer.  Separate power supplies for DAC and amp.  USB 24/192 (maybe 96) Wavelenght asynch USB.  All in one package.  $2K though but possibly a giant killer.

That AVA Vision DAC that Skylab just ordered looks very intriguing as well. As far as I can tell there is no other info available besides his mention of it here at Head-fi, it will be great to hear his impressions when he gets it.

Jan 15, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #7,874 of 42,298
I've been a big fan of AVA gear for a long time. No money wasted on fancy chassis, or silly frills, just really solid audio engineering at a fair price.

Jan 15, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #7,875 of 42,298

Quote:
I've been a big fan of AVA gear for a long time. No money wasted on fancy chassis, or silly frills, just really solid audio engineering at a fair price.

Do you have an ETA? I am excited for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back