Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Oct 28, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #31,306 of 42,298
Got "audiophile" fuses for my Woos (HiFiTuning, from "The Cable Company"):

No, I can't hear a difference. No, the background did not get blacker. No, I don't care.

I have the same fuses in my emotiva airmotiv 6s and it increased the soundstage. After a few days I had to move my listening chair back.
Give it about a week but remember the fuses are directional so you probably want to switch the direction a few times.

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #31,307 of 42,298
Have anybody try the early russian 6h8c on the woo audio 5?  I could get a pair of them for cheap and was wondering if its even better than the stock tube of WA 5.

Oct 28, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #31,308 of 42,298
I have the same fuses in my emotiva airmotiv 6s and it increased the soundstage. After a few days I had to move my listening chair back.
Give it about a week but remember the fuses are directional so you probably want to switch the direction a few times.

Oct 28, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #31,311 of 42,298

Like you noticied, a few days of burn in does make a difference. A couple more weeks will really open it up.

Make sure the glass is clean, too. There are special cloths to do that, but they're like $50 each.

Oct 28, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #31,312 of 42,298

Got "audiophile" fuses for my Woos (HiFiTuning, from "The Cable Company"):

No, I can't hear a difference. No, the background did not get blacker. No, I don't care.

Directional fuses that's a good one

Oct 28, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #31,313 of 42,298
Well, you never know... practically every high-end pair of interconnects these days come with directional arrows on it. Why not fuses? :)

Oct 28, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #31,315 of 42,298
I'm using the WA7 with my iMac and currently have AudioQuest Forest for USB cable. Would there be much difference with Wireworld Starlight? Or something else in that price range?

Oct 28, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #31,316 of 42,298
  I'm using the WA7 with my iMac and currently have AudioQuest Forest for USB cable. Would there be much difference with Wireworld Starlight? Or something else in that price range?

I'd go for something with diamond insulation and unicorn leather cover. Those zeros and ones will notice the difference.

Anything less than $1000 per metre will cause interphase distortion in the magnetic resistance ground plane, leading to jitter all over the place.

Oct 28, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #31,318 of 42,298
Which reminds me, when i was a rookie machinist at work a zillion years ago an old guy ask me to go get level oil in the basement of the shop well i looked and looked i never found the basement but the thing is there wasnt a basement and if you ever find level oil let me know lol. It was  all in good fun  .
wink_face.gif

Oct 28, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #31,319 of 42,298
  Guys don't need to be complete dicks about it, we all had to start somewhere.

You're right - apologies.

Sometimes the BS factor in some sectors of the audiophile marketplace gets a bit much - all of those BS terms I used above came from the product spiels for pricey USB cable and power cable ...etc I was given to try. None of them made an ounce of difference to SQ, but the marketing blurb was hilarious - USB Cable that overcomes "interphase distortion" and Power Cables that provide a solution for "magnetic resistance", and don't forget to burn in your expensive cables so that they will align to the "ground plane" of your system ... What? Reading this stuff makes me want to cut myself, or laugh, or both simultaneously.
confused_face_2.gif

Oct 28, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #31,320 of 42,298

I'd go for something with diamond insulation and unicorn leather cover. Those zeros and ones will notice the difference.

Anything less than $1000 per metre will cause interphase distortion in the magnetic resistance ground plane, leading to jitter all over the place.

So, a price on eBay of $375 should be a steal. Hopefully, it's free shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back