Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Oct 27, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #31,291 of 42,298

Talking about the NOS Mullard GZ32 labeled as CV593.

Thanks!

There is no current production.

I had one and sold it with my first WA6…and it was a new production Mullard GZ32…but I guess it wasn't a CV593.
As TonyNewman says, I guess it was labled EL34 or other, I don't remember. I paid $80.00 for it new…I was just curious if this was the same tube you guys were talking about.
Thanks.

Sovtek purchased the rights to the Mullard brand - they are producing a number of tubes under the 'Mullard' name with similar boxing to the NOS. Not sure if they are making GZ32s - I think they are making EL34s and a few others.

Thanks.

Oct 27, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #31,294 of 42,298
  Then maybe it was a NOS…but I only paid $80.00 for it and it wasn't bad at all.
I'm going to try and find it in my purchases on my eBay, I'll keep you posted if I can go back that far.

That was around the price of the NOS CV593 RAF military stock, so you may have gotten the proper one.  If you still have writing on the glass of the tube, should say "CV593" on it.  If there's no writing, just post a picture and someone can say for sure whether it is or not based on the structure.

Oct 27, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #31,295 of 42,298
  After looking around I think I might try the eml 300b.  Does anybody know the different between the three version of eml 300b: 300b, 300b xls, and 300b mesh.  

I just have experience with the 300b Mesh but for what I read the Mesh is better and smoother than the 300b and the XLS has a little higher output.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Oct 27, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #31,296 of 42,298
Got "audiophile" fuses for my Woos (HiFiTuning, from "The Cable Company"):

No, I can't hear a difference. No, the background did not get blacker. No, I don't care.

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #31,297 of 42,298
  I just have experience with the 300b Mesh but for what I read the Mesh is better and smoother than the 300b and the XLS has a little higher output.

I am trying to take a break from my 300B buying addiction - it gets expensive
confused_face.gif

If/when I buy another set of 300Bs it will probably be the EML mesh - I am a sucker for a warm, rich sound.

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #31,298 of 42,298
  Got "audiophile" fuses for my Woos (HiFiTuning, from "The Cable Company"):

No, I can't hear a difference. No, the background did not get blacker. No, I don't care.

I threw a ceramic Furuteech fuse into my Woo and didn't care about the 5 "W's" either. My audio journey is a personal one and I'm going to make it do what it do!

Oct 28, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #31,299 of 42,298
  Thank you hifiguy528.  If you want send me a pm and maybe I could send you the original copy since the one on head fi is compressed.  The original look more sharp and clear.

one on HF is ok because FB, Instagram aren't high-res anyways.  :)  THANK YOU for letting us share your wonderful pics.  
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 28, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #31,300 of 42,298
I couldn't resist taking a peek at the upgraded parts... not that I have a clue what many of these things are doing, but they are nice to look at. It's actually shocking to compare pictures of the inside of Woos to the insides of other amps. The Woos are much cleaner and simpler, but with comparable functionality, pristine sound, and no noise floor. Alien technology?

Circa 2014, Woo Audio WA5:

Oct 28, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #31,301 of 42,298

That was around the price of the NOS CV593 RAF military stock, so you may have gotten the proper one.  If you still have writing on the glass of the tube, should say "CV593" on it.  If there's no writing, just post a picture and someone can say for sure whether it is or not based on the structure.

I no longer have the tube, I sold it with my first WA6 and don't remember if the glass said (CV593 on it. I also couldn't find it in my eBay purchases…although I could go back to my 2013 purchase history, it wouldn't show any purchases???

Oct 28, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #31,302 of 42,298
  I couldn't resist taking a peek at the upgraded parts... not that I have a clue what many of these things are doing, but they are nice to look at. It's actually shocking to compare pictures of the inside of Woos to the insides of other amps. The Woos are much cleaner and simpler, but with comparable functionality, pristine sound, and no noise floor. Alien technology?

I wish my house was that neat and clean.  :)

Oct 28, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #31,303 of 42,298

I can completely agree that Woo amps definitely looks much simpler inside, than outside... Some pages ago posted some photos of my WES before and after fixing and modding by russian master (Sergei Zhukov, LynxAudio). Here are a link to the post with this photos, if someone interested (BTW only I have some strange bug with 2076 page of this thread (when I'm on this page it's like it's became the last page in this thread)?): link 

Oct 28, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #31,304 of 42,298

one on HF is ok because FB, Instagram aren't high-res anyways.  :)  THANK YOU for letting us share your wonderful pics.  
smily_headphones1.gif

And Thank You to Woo Audio for putting out great products like the WA6 and WA5.

The WA6 was my introduction to tube sound and HeadFi - got me hooked on SET amps. Now I have 3 of the buggers, my wallet is empty but I'm smiling all the way
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 28, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #31,305 of 42,298
^

Those internal WA5 pics are so very nice. Thanks for posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back