Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Apr 19, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #1,907 of 2,312
"I don't need another $60 can, I don't need ano..." :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 20, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #1,908 of 2,312
B&H won't ship 'Sones to Canada anymore...
frown.gif

Quote:B&H
This item cannot be shipped to CANADA.

Apr 20, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #1,909 of 2,312
Quote:
B&H won't ship 'Sones to Canada anymore...
frown.gif

I thought they shipped everywhere! 
confused_face(1).gif

edit: This was my 5,000th post here....what do I win? lol

Apr 24, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #1,911 of 2,312
Quote:
Well, I just ordered a set of HFI-15G. I've loved my HFI-780s, and I needed an open-back design for portable use, and I've had PortaPros and PX100s before, so in a search I found the 15g on Amazon. They should be here middle of next week.
smile_phones.gif

I'm very interested in your comparison between Porta pro/px100  and this HFI-15G too.  I know well PP and PX100 and they are both very good headphones. 
L3000.gif

Apr 24, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #1,912 of 2,312
Quote:

I'm very interested in your comparison between Porta pro/px100  and this HFI-15G too.  I know well PP and PX100 and they are both very good headphones. 
L3000.gif

After a few days use, I'll sit down and share my thoughts on them. 
smile_phones.gif

Apr 26, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #1,913 of 2,312
I've just created a new thread about an Ultrasone Edition 12 announcement :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/661368/ultrasone-edition-12-announced-in-japan

Apr 27, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #1,916 of 2,312
Hi there guys,
I just would like to know a bit more about the PRO 750 and the PRO 550 headphones from your experiences 
Has anyone ever heard the Beyer DT770 Pro's? Or the Custom Ones? Or even perhaps the newly discovered ATH WS99?
I am on the hunt for new headphones you see, and I do enjoy my bass! although if the bass comes at the expense of the rest of the sound spectrum being interferred I would rather opt for something else. All in all I would prefer a very nice sounding headphone, bass or no bass.
I've heard a lot about the WS99, about how its just a great all rounder, with a large soundstage. I am interested in this purchase, but I just want to know that these are the right headphones for me first, and are checking out other options just in case. This is because this is my first slightly expensive headphone purchase.
I have seen that the Pro 750 have very sharp highs etc. Is this true? Does it make it quite fatiguing to listen to?
I will also be using these headphones on the go as well. Are they suited for portability?
For example, are the light? comfy? and have a short/ish cord?

I would just like to know from your experiences what these headphones are like. I would love to hear about them.

Thanks for helping me!

Apr 27, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #1,917 of 2,312
Quote:
Hi there guys,
I just would like to know a bit more about the PRO 750 and the PRO 550 headphones from your experiences 
Has anyone ever heard the Beyer DT770 Pro's? Or the Custom Ones? Or even perhaps the newly discovered ATH WS99?
I am on the hunt for new headphones you see, and I do enjoy my bass! although if the bass comes at the expense of the rest of the sound spectrum being interferred I would rather opt for something else. All in all I would prefer a very nice sounding headphone, bass or no bass.
I've heard a lot about the WS99, about how its just a great all rounder, with a large soundstage. I am interested in this purchase, but I just want to know that these are the right headphones for me first, and are checking out other options just in case. This is because this is my first slightly expensive headphone purchase.
I have seen that the Pro 750 have very sharp highs etc. Is this true? Does it make it quite fatiguing to listen to?
I will also be using these headphones on the go as well. Are they suited for portability?
For example, are the light? comfy? and have a short/ish cord?

I would just like to know from your experiences what these headphones are like. I would love to hear about them.

Thanks for helping me!

I don't have experience with the WS99 but I have the PRO 750 and the 770 Premium. Yes, the 750 is a bit bright and can be slightly fatiguing when you listen for a long time. They are indeed quite portable despite being full-sized cans. They are very comfortable and isolate quite well and have a short cable that is perfect for portable use (they also have a longer coiled cable for desktop/home use). The 770 in comparison is more accurate tonally and less colored but still has a bit of a bass and treble emphasis and has somewhat recessed mids. The 770 aren't nearly as portable as the 750 because of their longer cable and larger size and the fact that they don't fold up at all. The COP is similar to the 770 but more portable and I think Beyer is coming out with a short cable for them (the cable is detachable on the COP but not on the 770).

Hope that helps. good luck.

Apr 28, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #1,918 of 2,312
Quote:

I don't have experience with the WS99 but I have the PRO 750 and the 770 Premium. Yes, the 750 is a bit bright and can be slightly fatiguing when you listen for a long time. They are indeed quite portable despite being full-sized cans. They are very comfortable and isolate quite well and have a short cable that is perfect for portable use (they also have a longer coiled cable for desktop/home use). The 770 in comparison is more accurate tonally and less colored but still has a bit of a bass and treble emphasis and has somewhat recessed mids. The 770 aren't nearly as portable as the 750 because of their longer cable and larger size and the fact that they don't fold up at all. The COP is similar to the 770 but more portable and I think Beyer is coming out with a short cable for them (the cable is detachable on the COP but not on the 770).

Hope that helps. good luck.

Hey thanks for that, well in the end I did buy some headphones, and at a killer price..
But it wasnt any of these headphones!
It was the Pro 900s! Can't wait to recieve them, but thank you heaps for trying to help me out!

Apr 28, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #1,920 of 2,312
Oh yes, also.
For anyone with a Pro 900 as well, 
I understand they require amping. But the thing is I am unsure where to look for an amp good enough for these headphones, and the other thing is that I am on a tight budget for an amp, so I would prefer a cheaper amp if possible.
What should I look at purchasing?
I was going to just use it straight out of my iPod/Phone
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back