Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Sep 2, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #61 of 2,312
$352 X2 would kill someone as cheap as me man.... but pro 750 for $174 is only a baby heart attack

Quote:
O.k we forgive you i suppose..
tongue.gif

But still i can't get it why you didn't buy them again..
You didn't like them?
I wish i had a godfather like you...

Sep 2, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #62 of 2,312
Quote:
Well I had some family over from the east coast and my younger cousin really liked the 900 (who doesnt?), those are his B-day gift from me.. plus I am his godfather (supposed to give better gifts)

Perhaps you can trick him to get back your 900. Once the 750 arrives, tell your cousin that the 750 is better and swap it with him
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #64 of 2,312
Is the 750 THAT much worse? I could still cancel it cause its back ordered on amazon

Do it, the 900s will blow your mind.
Or just say "ef it all!!!" and buy the Denon D7000s and be done with closed cans. (I know, blasphemous in an Ultrasone thread)

Sep 2, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #65 of 2,312
hey guys i've got a ED8 =D i've had it for about a year. this was my first ultrasone but i am so impresed with it. Although i still do go on headfi every now and then cause its a great forum and website, i haven't really had the urge at all to buy or upgrade headphones. I went straight to the top of portables cause i pretty much figured out i might buy 3 or 4 headphones along the way, so i took the chance, and i've never looked back. One super happy Ultrasone fan : )

Sep 2, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #66 of 2,312
from what Ive gathered the pro 750 is like a comfortable grado SR225 + bass & since they are built from materials as the pro 900 they are also built like tanks... someone correct me if im wrong

Sep 3, 2011 at 7:31 AM Post #67 of 2,312
If the Pro 750 had great bass, I couldn't tell over the mind-melting treble.

Sep 4, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #68 of 2,312

Quote:
Hi , can anyone tell me all the differences between the ultrasone DJ1 and hfi 580?  I don't know why the prices are different when their supposedly the same. can someone clear this up for me, thanks :)

"miceblue" wrote this in another thread a while ago and we have corresponded about this as well:

Quote:
HFI-580 vs DJ1
They are the same exact headphones except the DJ1 has a coiled cable instead of a straight one and the DJ1 has a different physical appearance.

Ed.8s in the house for Kimmy7....

A little HFI-780 love today for me....

Sep 4, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #69 of 2,312
What differences does recabling does to the ultrasones?

*please do not bring out the cable fight...*

Sep 5, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #71 of 2,312

Quote:
Ok, well I ordered my ultrasone DJ1's for $115, hopefully their as good as people say they are :) They will be my first headphones. Ive always used 20$ in ears

If the sound signature is to your liking, they might just blow you away, considering from where you're coming from :)

Sep 5, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #72 of 2,312

Quote:
Ok, well I ordered my ultrasone DJ1's for $115, hopefully their as good as people say they are :) They will be my first headphones. Ive always used 20$ in ears

:D

I'm proud of you, haha.

I plan to pickup a pair of Ultrasone DJ1's as well once I sell off some of my current cans.

Sep 5, 2011 at 2:59 AM Post #74 of 2,312
Great news guys..
You will definitely love your new cans..

Sep 5, 2011 at 4:50 AM Post #75 of 2,312
Pro 2500 's CHECKIN' IN!!!!
Shipping out to me soon.
Like I need another can...sigh.
All because I saw this thread just recently and it peaked my interest about a pair I had been half-arsed watching. So from here to further research about the soundstages and particular qualities, all in this forum of course, led me to buy a boxed like-new pair of open backed Pro 2500 's with about 10 hours on them total. I had briefly heard ( 30 seconds ) the Pro 750 's a guy I know got. Initially the look of them sort of put me off. It struck me as sort of cheesy with the headband logo at least compared to the stuff I currently own, but the more I looked into the build and ultra-secret s-logic deal, the more I was hooked.
Itchy auction trigger finger got the best of me. I told myself "no more dynamic cans", but c'mon these aren't quite the same... really if you think about it.
wink_face.gif

By the way when were the Pro 2500 's discontinued ?

It's going to be a hard time waiting and watching as these things burn in for the 100 or so hours. I think I'll wait until then to try them.

I'm excited!
Thanks for the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back