Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Jan 2, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #556 of 2,312

Quote:
Currently enjoying the Pro 2500 and Pro 2900 now, with an a/b in progress.  I actually preferred the Pro 2500 to the LCD 2, Rev. 2 (the latter have just been sold).

...wow... What aspects did you prefer? Anything in particular or overall?  Gives me peace of mind that does.

Jan 2, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #557 of 2,312

Quote:
...wow... What aspects did you prefer? Anything in particular or overall?  Gives me peace of mind that does.

Beyond price and comfort.....nothing that comes to mind.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/569107/ultrasone-fan-club-roll-call/540#post_8023047

Jan 2, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #558 of 2,312

Quote:
Currently enjoying the Pro 2500 and Pro 2900 now, with an a/b in progress.  I actually preferred the Pro 2500 to the LCD 2, Rev. 2 (the latter have just been sold).

Can I ask why? I was actually interested in the LCD2 it seems like a common consensus on headfi that its one of the best headphones "out there"

Jan 2, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #559 of 2,312

Quote:
Beyond price and comfort.....nothing that comes to mind.

Two graphs that show one headphone is superior to another performance-wise, yes. But preference is not the same as performance. Some people prefer certain colorations rather than what's "best" in a vertically reaching sense.

Jan 2, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #560 of 2,312

Quote:

Two graphs that show one headphone is superior to another performance-wise, yes. But preference is not the same as performance. Some people prefer certain colorations rather than what's "best" in a vertically reaching sense.

True dat.

Jan 4, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #564 of 2,312

Quote:
     Quote:

I get that sometimes with my HFI-580's where the bass seems weak, other times the headphones don't seem as loud as they normally would be. Maybe it's just my hearing lol.

Are you burning in as well? I read somewhere in a thread that the burn-in period can be rather awkward and a little weird when it comes to Ultrasones. Anyway, the bass is back lol. A little weird, to say the least..

Jan 4, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #565 of 2,312

Quote:
Suddenly it seems like the bass on the pro 900 has disappeared.. LOL

Maybe halfways through burn-in..

I never had this problem, but it seems actually recurring, mainly with pro900. Strange, maybe the diodes from drivers??

Jan 4, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #567 of 2,312

Quote:

I never had this problem, but it seems actually recurring, mainly with pro900. Strange, maybe the diodes from drivers??

Maybe it's just the burn-in making them more tight and controlled. The bass is there, it's not completely gone. It's just not as "subwoofery", uncontrolled and big as it used to be when these were new. In fact, it's pretty moderate in comparison. Too bad I'm not at home right now, or I could A/B them to compare them to my Denons. However, it is not a bad change IMO. Listening to Morricone - L'Estasi Dell'Oro, also proves that these are quite versatile and not just for EDM like I thought of them at first.

I just listened to a few bass testing tracks and the bass clearly is there, just not at big as it used to be. You actually hear everything else too now.. :wink:

Jan 4, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #568 of 2,312
I have never had major changes concerning the bass from PRO900, some peoples say the bass disappear and reappear... Maybe a change of the headphone positioning on the head.

Jan 4, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #569 of 2,312

Quote:
I have never had major changes concerning the bass from PRO900, some peoples say the bass disappear and reappear... Maybe a change of the headphone positioning on the head.

Perhaps. It could also be all misleading perception along with getting used to a certain amount of bass too. I don't know. I thought my M50s (from supermuffled to superopen and clear) and D2000 (from crackling sounds and boomy, loose bass to a wonderful clear sound) underwent some serious burn-in as well - so it's not impossible that my ears and brain could be more sensitive to changes in sound making me think it's a bigger change than it actually is. It could also be the treble opening up a bit because the Pro 900 sounds better in all aspects right now.

I'll wait and see how this turns out..

Jan 4, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #570 of 2,312

Quote:
It could also be all misleading perception along with getting used to a certain amount of bass too.

Maybe, that's why I never listen to another headphone during a burn-in,lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back