Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Jan 10, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #1,666 of 2,312
Quote:
Where do you get these velour pads?

The velours were already on mine when I got them. I believe the former owner ordered them from Amazon.....I want to say that they are Beyer DT250 pads, but I am not 100% sure on that.

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #1,667 of 2,312
Jan 10, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #1,668 of 2,312
Quote:
Looks Good HeatFan12!

That is what this thread needs is Moar 'Sone pictures...

HFI-780's with Pearstone Pads, C3 & E17

Quote:
Agreed! 
HFI-780s with velour pad, CF-mod Rockboxed iPod Mini and digiZoid ZO. 
basshead.gif

Thanks TD....Back at you with that kick @ss rig....Nice......
beerchug.gif

Achmed kickin' @ss as well....I see you finally got your hands on some 'Sones....Bout time...lol...
beerchug.gif

Yes, more pics.....A multi quote to carry the pics over to the next page...lol...Good times!!!

Quote:

Yes...

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #1,669 of 2,312
Quote:

It's worth noting that the velours soften the impact of both some of the higher pitched sounds that get to some people, and a little bit of the bass impact. But corrections can be made if desired, of course, with  EQ, or an amp's bass boost circuit, etc.

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #1,670 of 2,312
Thanks for the links!

And yeah, I figured the velour pads would change the sound - not meaning to put them on the HFI-780 though. Want to try something on another ovoid shaped headphone. :xf_eek:

EDIT

Welp - nevermind that idea. Looks like the headphones I wanted to put them onto mount their pads differently, and these probably wouldn't attach. *sigh*

Jan 10, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #1,671 of 2,312
Sitting here listening to my Pro 900's, and these headphones are constantly surprising me. Some nights I'll be listening and I'll hear it sound completely different than it ever has. I can't wait til I get my SP.

Also, my Aune T1 still hasn't shipped from China. 
frown.gif
 I guess I'm just impatient, lol.

Jan 12, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #1,672 of 2,312
Not to spam this thread, but I've started another concerning the differences between Ultrasone's high-end offerings. It can get pretty confusing some of the conflicting ideas out there, so I was hoping it could potentially organize different people's impressions.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/645706/differences-in-high-end-ultrasones

Jan 12, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #1,673 of 2,312
Quote:
Sitting here listening to my Pro 900's, and these headphones are constantly surprising me. Some nights I'll be listening and I'll hear it sound completely different than it ever has. I can't wait til I get my SP.

Also, my Aune T1 still hasn't shipped from China. 
frown.gif
 I guess I'm just impatient, lol.

Be weary.. the Signature Pros will not have that initial wow factor that the Pro900s have because the emphasis on the bass and treble are much more neutral. So on first listen don't just throw them aside - you really appreciate the SP with a little head-time.

Jan 12, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #1,674 of 2,312
Quote:
Be weary.. the Signature Pros will not have that initial wow factor that the Pro900s have because the emphasis on the bass and treble are much more neutral. So on first listen don't just throw them aside - you really appreciate the SP with a little head-time.

completely confirmed by my own experience :wink:

Jan 13, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #1,676 of 2,312
What is the 2500 like? Found a cheap pair on Ebay

Jan 13, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #1,677 of 2,312
I have a friend who I duly impressed with my Ultrasones a couple weeks back, and I found out recently he's going to be leaving the state soon to go back home with his family. As a going away/birthday present I was going to get him a pair of HFI-450's since I know he'll probably never spend the money himself, lol.

BUT!

Look what I just picked up off eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281049460508

That's right, a pair of Alienware Ozma 7's AKA Ultrasone HFI-700's, already burnt in and including Beyer velour pads pre-installed! And for a little under 90 dollars shipped. Awesome deal, it's basically what happened when I bought my first pair. Minus the extra pads. 
tongue_smile.gif

Between this and the 580's I got my other friend for Christmas (luckily before the price hike), I'm starting to feel like UltraSanta. (Someone please draw that.)

Jan 13, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #1,678 of 2,312
Quote:
I have a friend who I duly impressed with my Ultrasones a couple weeks back, and I found out recently he's going to be leaving the state soon to go back home with his family. As a going away/birthday present I was going to get him a pair of HFI-450's since I know he'll probably never spend the money himself, lol.

That's nice for you to do something like that. You are very likely correct that he would probably not buy something like this on his own. No matter how much money someone may have, some simply do not know how to enjoy life. Hope he enjoys them and every once in a while when he is listening to his music, he just may think of you. That's nice. :)

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #1,680 of 2,312
oh no haha

Well it does look very interesting, and I'm in Aus :wink: but I'm actually on savings mode as I just found myself an internship/partime job and I'm waiting for some good sales to start making profit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back