Quote:
Looks amazing!
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks Niyologist....
beerchug.gif

Cheers!!!

Jan 9, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #1,652 of 2,312
Checking in!

Fairly new member here, but an Ultrasone fan since I got my Alienware-branded HFI-700's a couple years back. Since moved up to Pro 900's powered on a Fiio e17.

Going to try out an Aune T1 in the next couple weeks, and when my tax return comes through I'll be upgrading to a pair of Signature Pro's. I figure that ought to keep me happy until they release the Edition 11/12. 
wink_face.gif

Currently listening to... JUSTICE! 
L3000.gif
 You have to love the bass on these things...

EDIT: I got impatient and bit the bullet on the Aune T1. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #1,653 of 2,312
Quote:
Checking in!

Fairly new member here, but an Ultrasone fan since I got my Alienware-branded HFI-700's a couple years back. Since moved up to Pro 900's powered on a Fiio e17.

Going to try out an Aune T1 in the next couple weeks, and when my tax return comes through I'll be upgrading to a pair of Signature Pro's. I figure that ought to keep me happy until they release the Edition 11/12. 
wink_face.gif

Currently listening to... JUSTICE! 
L3000.gif
 You have to love the bass on these things...

EDIT: I got impatient and bit the bullet on the Aune T1. 
biggrin.gif

While you're waiting to Your Aune T1 , you should try to find a tube upgrade from the 6922EH which is not bad but not good too :wink: .. I tried 6N27P (good , refined sound and more open/airy soundstage .. Paid 15 €) and a Mullard 6DJ8 (My champion . better overall , more power , more dynamic , improved soundstage ( expecially for the depth )  more bodied , less airy than the 6N27p IMO). A 6N23P-EB , very appreciated on the Rockgrotto forum ( I bought the 6N23p to Rockgrotto admin :wink: 20 GBP shipped ) , has arrived this morning. I will give my impressions later but My Mullard seems to be hard to beat
biggrin.gif
... See this link about Schiit new cheap and good dac and amp ( http://www.headfonia.com/schitty-magni-and-modi/ ) .. It very interesting about Aune T1 too :wink:

Aune T1 + Sig pro si my current combo. T1 brings all that the Sig pro needs: a bit of warmness and smoothness and a more open soundstage .I'm afraid i would have to put a lot more money to get a better gear. I love it.

I've traded my HFI-2400 for a Focal Spirit One. Good can IMO ( Hi/Mid-fi 200€ here) with very good reviews here or there . well balanced , detailed .. in one word , it's sound good. But when I go back to my Sig pro .... jeez .. I'm plunged in another see of emotion !! overal sound texture, immersion ,intimacy with voices , bodied and textured but never never overwhelming bass, detail and clarity without any harshness and more character.  Definetely other league. Differences are not huge BUT this little differences create other league musical experience IMO.

I've read some SP review here in France. Review made by a guy who listened to all Hi-End Headphones ( Stax , HD800, Fostex TH900 , Ultrasones ED10,9,8 ) and this reviewer consider the SP as the best ultrasone ever made ( except ED10 which is an open can . very hated on head-fi but sometimes very appreciated elsewhere ) 

I will soon sell the Focal. I need money to prepare a travel through old but good stars of Headphones : HD600/650,K701,DT880 ..

But I'm still curious about pro2900 .. i can't forget them . i must try it one day !

Jan 9, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #1,654 of 2,312
Quote:

While you're waiting to Your Aune T1 , you should try to find a tube upgrade from the 6922EH which is not bad but not good too :wink: .. I tried 6N27P (good , refined sound and more open/airy soundstage .. Paid 15 €) and a Mullard 6DJ8 (My champion . better overall , more power , more dynamic , improved soundstage ( expecially for the depth )  more bodied , less airy than the 6N27p IMO). A 6N23P-EB , very appreciated on the Rockgrotto forum ( I bought the 6N23p to Rockgrotto admin :wink: 20 GBP shipped ) , has arrived this morning. I will give my impressions later but My Mullard seems to be hard to beat
biggrin.gif
... See this link about Schiit new cheap and good dac and amp ( http://www.headfonia.com/schitty-magni-and-modi/ ) .. It very interesting about Aune T1 too :wink:

Aune T1 + Sig pro si my current combo. T1 brings all that the Sig pro needs: a bit of warmness and smoothness and a more open soundstage .I'm afraid i would have to put a lot more money to get a better gear. I love it.

I've traded my HFI-2400 for a Focal Spirit One. Good can IMO ( Hi/Mid-fi 200€ here) with very good reviews here or there . well balanced , detailed .. in one word , it's sound good. But when I go back to my Sig pro .... jeez .. I'm plunged in another see of emotion !! overal sound texture, immersion ,intimacy with voices , bodied and textured but never never overwhelming bass, detail and clarity without any harshness and more character.  Definetely other league. Differences are not huge BUT this little differences create other league musical experience IMO.

I've read some SP review here in France. Review made by a guy who listened to all Hi-End Headphones ( Stax , HD800, Fostex TH900 , Ultrasones ED10,9,8 ) and this reviewer consider the SP as the best ultrasone ever made ( except ED10 which is an open can . very hated on head-fi but sometimes very appreciated elsewhere ) 

I will soon sell the Focal. I need money to prepare a travel through old but good stars of Headphones : HD600/650,K701,DT880 ..

But I'm still curious about pro2900 .. i can't forget them . i must try it one day !

Having owned the Signature Pro, currently owning the TH900 and having extensive experience with the other headphones you mentioned (except the ed10) I'd agree.. the SP is in lines with the top dogs of headphones its one of the best i've heard and IMO the best Ultrasone offering to date.. considering you can grab them for under $1k from some retailers its a great value as well. It's not a perfect headphone, it has its faults - but it does some things extremely well.

Jan 9, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #1,655 of 2,312
Quote:
Having owned the Signature Pro, currently owning the TH900 and having extensive experience with the other headphones you mentioned (except the ed10) I'd agree.. the SP is in lines with the top dogs of headphones its one of the best i've heard and IMO the best Ultrasone offering to date.. considering you can grab them for under $1k from some retailers its a great value as well. It's not a perfect headphone, it has its faults - but it does some things extremely well.

We should force DavidMalher to integrate the Ultrasone SP in his Flagship's Ultimate Review
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #1,657 of 2,312
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Hi again. It was on your suggestion I even first heard about the Aune, so it'll be on your head if I don't like it. 
normal_smile .gif
 I'll definitely keep that tube in mind! But this will be my first tube experience, and for now I think I'm going to stick with the stock tube (I got the upgraded one) and get to know the differences on that. Pretty much all of my hobbies I'm an equipment geek and a perfectionist, and that's a dangerous personality to have in this field.
Quote:

We should force DavidMalher to integrate the Ultrasone SP in his Flagship's Ultimate Review
biggrin.gif

Yes! Definitely!
Quote:
Has anyone tried the Signature DJ yet? Just curious given that it's cheaper than the SP, and at least looks similar on paper. I also kind of like the aesthetics better...but that's me.
redface.gif

There are a couple conflicting opinions in the SIgnature DJ thread, but it seems they're a similar quality depending on what one is looking for. http://www.head-fi.org/t/623238/ultrasone-signature-dj/360

Jan 9, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #1,658 of 2,312
Quote:
Hi again. It was on your suggestion I even first heard about the Aune, so it'll be on your head if I don't like it. 
normal_smile%20.gif

lol :D  You really can't go wrong with the Aune T1 . Better overall sound than E17 ( which has other qualities ) even with stock tube and which can be improved a LOT with an upgraded tube ( NOS 6N23p , NOS 6N27P or my favourite Mullard 6DJ8 for example . 30€ for the most expensive ) without selling any kidney to purchase it . there's no better choice for 150€ IMO for a home/desktop dac/amp and I think a Tube amp or amp/dac matches well with All Ultrasones and their strong/powerful/clear and (but for some ears harsh) signature.

My HFI-2400 benefits a lot from the T1 because of more forward and refined mids and overal refined and clearest sound.

The Aune IT is good, unexpensive , powerful and allow us to tweak it with different tubes in order to find the best combo for our tastes and cans. we can add an external amp of our choice if needed. What can we expect more seriously ? :)  .

Jan 9, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #1,661 of 2,312
Looks Good HeatFan12!

That is what this thread needs is Moar 'Sone pictures...

HFI-780's with Pearstone Pads, C3 & E17

Jan 9, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #1,663 of 2,312
Jan 10, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #1,664 of 2,312
Quote:
Looks Good HeatFan12!

That is what this thread needs is Moar 'Sone pictures...

HFI-780's with Pearstone Pads, C3 & E17

Agreed! 
HFI-780s with velour pad, CF-mod Rockboxed iPod Mini and digiZoid ZO. 
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back