Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Jan 1, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #1,637 of 2,312
Quote:
Just for clarification you're actually running an mp3 player's headphone out into a headphone amplifier's line in, feeding that amplified signal out into another headphone amplifier's line in, and feeding that into your headphones? Are you familiar with the concept of signal clipping?

Sounds familiar. Although It happened with all of my other headphones before that particular crossover. My headphones are fine though.

Jan 1, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #1,640 of 2,312
Jan 1, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #1,641 of 2,312
Quote:
I think we're on different wavelengths.
Amazon has had them recently for something like $350.
No.

Sorry, for the complication. I'll disconnect the Fiio E6.

Jan 1, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #1,642 of 2,312
Quote:

Sorry, for the complication. I'll disconnect the Fiio E6.

That's probably a good idea. I have both an E11 and an E6, and the E11 on low gain is more than enough power for my HFI-780s.

Jan 1, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #1,643 of 2,312
Jan 1, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #1,644 of 2,312
Quote:
The Signature Pros are pretty darn neutral...! :wink: just sayin.

neutral AND funky, energetic, fast, bodied but never agressive nor boring ... I often think to you and your advice when I listen to My sig pro . Many manu thanks!. I 've the "wow' effect each time I put it on my head and switch on my music.   I'm using now a Aune T1 ( hybrid tube DAC/amp) with a Russian 6N27P tube to drive my sig pro and In my opinion this little and unexpensive dac/amp works very very well with the sig pro . it brings a touch of warmth and smoothness, an airier and more refined overall sound and soundstage ... I found a near-perfection combo to my ears. I would like to upgrade I really don't know what to upgrade from what I have now.  

Jan 1, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #1,647 of 2,312
Quote:

neutral AND funky, energetic, fast, bodied but never agressive nor boring ... I often think to you and your advice when I listen to My sig pro . Many manu thanks!. I 've the "wow' effect each time I put it on my head and switch on my music.   I'm using now a Aune T1 ( hybrid tube DAC/amp) with a Russian 6N27P tube to drive my sig pro and In my opinion this little and unexpensive dac/amp works very very well with the sig pro . it brings a touch of warmth and smoothness, an airier and more refined overall sound and soundstage ... I found a near-perfection combo to my ears. I would like to upgrade I really don't know what to upgrade from what I have now.  

Yea the SP doesn't need much to drive it well, it sounds excellent with tubes.. definitely energetic and fast maybe not the most neutral headphone, but for sure the most neutral ultrasone (my personal favorite).

Jan 2, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #1,648 of 2,312
It's amazing how "Forest Gate Funk" by Zinc sounds with this: Cowon J3+Fiio E11 (Gain: High/Bass EQ: 2). The Bass is so DEEP and very clear. I'm impressed that the instruments sound pretty real, even though this is coming from a Dubstep song. The Instrument separation even outpaces my JVC HA-FXT90 IEMs.

Jan 3, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #1,649 of 2,312
Quote:
It's amazing how "Forest Gate Funk" by Zinc sounds with this: Cowon J3+Fiio E11 (Gain: High/Bass EQ: 2). The Bass is so DEEP and very clear. I'm impressed that the instruments sound pretty real, even though this is coming from a Dubstep song. The Instrument separation even outpaces my JVC HA-FXT90 IEMs.

Nice!!!

A little Fiio (E07k) love for me as well with the PRO750 before work...
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back