The Stax thread (New)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #21,227 of 24,807
Quote:
I have done lot of DIY with tube sockets and Stax inlets
The original Stax Pro inlet owns the best sound grab it if you find it somewhere
Teflon sounds airy and little bit thin in the upper frequencies not the best sound with SR- 009 in worst case a horror scenario but Omega mk2 get the most benefit from it.
If you use teflon you should dampen it to dead from the chassis
Old Stax inlets sound muddy almost harsh
The Malvalve inlet with the dummy Neutrik  could also be seen as good predampening solution

LOL

Mar 1, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #21,231 of 24,807
Due to some abrasive comments had found at a forum on a site called "Head-Fi", Mal Valve closed down their manufacture in Deutchland. Mal Valve was famous producing their flagship headphone amplifier called the "Mal Valve ESHA".
Analysts dates the insolvency back to the introduction of their cutting-edge design innovation, called "headphone-to-the-back technology[size=13.0pt]©[/size]"  that costy mishap practically demolished their cash-flow. Former spokesman of Mal Valve, Fritz Fritzl remember these times with only one single word: ’F@ck’.
However, the company’s revival was successful under a new name, Mal Ware and with some modifications on the headphone amps design their revenue is now O.K.

The New Mal Ware ESHA v.2.0:

Mar 1, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #21,232 of 24,807
Still a stupid layout.

Inputs in the back
Power in the back
Outputs in the fromt
Display in the front
Controls in the front

What's so hard about the layout?

Mar 1, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #21,233 of 24,807
Still a stupid layout.

Inputs in the back
Power in the back
Outputs in the fromt
Display in the front
Controls in the front

What's so hard about the layout?

I was trying to find the volume knob...

Mar 1, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #21,235 of 24,807
Quote:
I have done lot of DIY with tube sockets and Stax inlets
The original Stax Pro inlet owns the best sound grab it if you find it somewhere
Teflon sounds airy and little bit thin in the upper frequencies not the best sound with SR- 009 in worst case a horror scenario but Omega mk2 get the most benefit from it.
If you use teflon you should dampen it to dead from the chassis
Old Stax inlets sound muddy almost harsh
The Malvalve inlet with the dummy Neutrik  could also be seen as good predampening solution

There just aren't enough facepalm smileys on the whole intrablogweb.

Mar 1, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #21,237 of 24,807

Quote:
Burmester,Silvercore ,Mcintosh and some others if i can remember and i did also a custom made tube amp with the connection on the rear.If you connect the phones Staxes Audezes Sennheisers etc. all together on Malvalve there is only one connection in use .Each connection are operated separately from the front side switches or  remote control,there is no need to unplug any phone.

I wasn't able to find the Mcintosh headphone amp, but the other brands seem to be primarily speaker preamps that just added a headphone jack to. They really don't look like a purpose built headphone amp which this Mal Ware (lol) amp is supposed to be. You say no need to unplug any phone but what if the owner has more than one of each type of headphone? It's a bad design in terms of ergonomics.

There just aren't enough facepalm smileys on the whole intrablogweb.

Nah, it's just another user that's trying to voice their opinion on how a random item happens to affect the sound...

...dummy Neutrik  could also be seen as good predampening solution

My goodness, you're right.

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #21,239 of 24,807
But please, review the connector for us.  It's not every day we are showered with such epic wisdom as is the sound of various connectors... 

Reminds me of some member here who claimed the whole Sony R-10 sound was down to how they built the TRS plug.  I want what ever those people are taking...

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #21,240 of 24,807
Quote:
But please, review the connector for us.  It's not every day we are showered with such epic wisdom as is the sound of various connectors... 

Reminds me of some member here who claimed the whole Sony R-10 sound was down to how they built the TRS plug.  I want what ever those people are taking...

Hahahahah! If anyone studied even basic physics/electronics will understand that doing that will do absolutely nothing to the sound unless you're from a different planet with an ear drum the size of a football..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back