The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Jun 6, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #8,206 of 9,235
Quote:
http://gizmodo.com/this-haswell-packing-gaming-laptop-is-your-deal-of-the-511671388

Scroll down to Audio section:

Sound Earphones selling the (soon to be) discontinued Phonak Audeo 132 ($100) and 122 ($80) using the code DEALZMODO for $100 off

Thanks, just snagged a pair of 122's. It's a great deal on these discontinued iems and i couldnt help myself
etysmile.gif

Jun 6, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #8,210 of 9,235
That's a truly great deal.  IMO they are a deal at the regular price.  Grabbed two pairs of 122s for backups and/or gifts.  That makes four pairs of PFEs I've picked up in the last two weeks.

Jun 6, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #8,211 of 9,235
Anyone know gizmodo's policy on shipping to canada? 

I'm tempted, but suspect that if they charge a lot for shipping and I get hit with customs fees (they seem to use UPS for the states, so I'm guessing they probably use them for Canada) the final price will probably be 30-40% higher than for you blasted yanks. 

Jun 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #8,212 of 9,235
Canadian ebay seller hearingaccessories has a large supply of PFE 012 for US$75, which is still a good deal.  The main thing it lacks compared to the 122 is the grey and black filters, so you'd need to buy those separately.

Jun 6, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #8,214 of 9,235
Quote:
Canadian ebay seller hearingaccessories has a large supply of PFE 012 for US$75, which is still a good deal.  The main thing it lacks compared to the 122 is the grey and black filters, so you'd need to buy those separately.

Thanks for your guidance.  I've been doing some reading and with so many value performers in this price tier, I'm inclined to go with something more suited to my preferred sound sig.  TDK BA200 and the GR07 EB are at the top of my list. 

Jun 6, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #8,215 of 9,235
http://gizmodo.com/this-haswell-packing-gaming-laptop-is-your-deal-of-the-511671388

Scroll down to Audio section:

Sound Earphones selling the (soon to be) discontinued Phonak Audeo 132 ($100) and 122 ($80) using the code DEALZMODO for $100 off

In for the 132. I'm pretty stoked because I found and posted a deal for the 022 from B&H about a year ago for $89, but for some reason didn't pull the trigger myself. I've been regretting it since.

Having the volume buttons on the cable is worth the extra $20 for me.

Thanks for the post esteebin!

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #8,217 of 9,235
Quote:

I'm tempted, but suspect that if they charge a lot for shipping and I get hit with customs fees (they seem to use UPS for the states, so I'm guessing they probably use them for Canada) the final price will probably be 30-40% higher than for you blasted yanks. 

It's not Gizmodo that you should check but Sound Earphones. Gizmodo/Dealzmodo just post deals like we do here.

Quote:
In for the 132. I'm pretty stoked because I found and posted a deal for the 022 from B&H about a year ago for $89, but for some reason didn't pull the trigger myself. I've been regretting it since.

Having the volume buttons on the cable is worth the extra $20 for me.

Thanks for the post esteebin!

My pleasure
beerchug.gif
. I'm on the same boat you're in. I already have the VSD1 and the M-Duo (a great pair, I have to add) going through the burn-in phase, plus the 2 Mee What's (M9p and M11p - Christmas gifts), may be too much for me to get the 132 also. With it being discontinued, we may not see this deal ever again. Not to mention the UE6000 that I got a few weeks ago.

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #8,218 of 9,235
Quote:
I'm not sure $10 off anything worthwhile at bestbuy will beat standard prices on amazon or other web stores.

How long has it been at that price, do you know? That's pretty interesting. They sounded pretty good to me IIRC from when I tried them at the sony store last year.

Not sure how long it's been at that price, frankly I think just a few days since I've been seriously shopping since Monday.  I pulled the trigger, and they're still around the 30 dollar mark (now 31.88)

Jun 7, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #8,219 of 9,235
Quote:
Somewhat off topic, but does anyone know a site that sells the phonak grey filters?

http://www.audeoworld.com/accessories.html
If you are in the States, otherwise:
http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/phonak-audeo-man-61.html
Quote:

I believe that sound earphone does not ship internationally, sorry, I'm also on the other side of the border (south) and I couldn't get a pair either 
frown.gif

Quote:
That's a truly great deal.  IMO they are a deal at the regular price.  Grabbed two pairs of 122s for backups and/or gifts.  That makes four pairs of PFEs I've picked up in the last two weeks.

Really? 4 pairs in less than a month of a single model of IEM, not to be offensive but what does your wife or parents say about that, I mean, my family keeps telling me I have a problem just because I buy a pair or two of headphones per month. 

Jun 7, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #8,220 of 9,235

Users who are viewing this thread

Back