The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Dec 21, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #3,392 of 9,235
According to Canadian Monster Cable Customer Service, the warranty is honored worldwide. I've made warranty claims here in Canada before with MTPCs and MTPGs bought from USA/Singapore/Thailand. All honored and replaced without question.

Quote:
Don't the Monster IEMs tend to fall apart? Or am I misremembering? So what's the warranty situation for those outside of Canada who snag one through a helpful Canadian?

Dec 21, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #3,399 of 9,235
Its about time for us Canadians ! hehe, i think everyone should be satisfied tho, they say there are 4150 units in stock which should be plenty, hopefully ppl here will help each other out. Prolly be a truckload of resellers after the sale ends. I was very happy when i scored them with the 128 deal, but this is a whole nother level, tf 10 amazon deal level !

Dec 21, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #3,400 of 9,235

Quote:
I must again remind you that most provinces in Canada (including the city Toronto) do charge an additional 13% tax on top of all those prices you see, so the MTPCs would actually cost the original buyer a total of $113.00 CAD.

Can't you send as gift and set the value to $35? I'd figure that would help you get around paying big fees. I did that to help others before.

Dec 21, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #3,401 of 9,235
Futureshop is a large retail chain that follows the rules. There will be taxes charged for Ontario residents right on their website checkout, making them $113. Even when i bought mine from Visions Canada ( which is based in the west end, my Coppers were shipped from British Columbia ) i got taxed with Ontario 13% tax while checking out online. The tax must be paid for, depending on the province you live in, might be higher or lower than the 13 % Ontario residents get.

Dec 21, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #3,402 of 9,235

Quote:
Futureshop is a large retail chain that follows the rules. There will be taxes charged for Ontario residents right on their website checkout, making them $113. Even when i bought mine from Visions Canada ( which is based in the west end, my Coppers were shipped from British Columbia ) i got taxed with Ontario 13% tax while checking out online. The tax must be paid for, depending on the province you live in, might be higher or lower than the 13 % Ontario residents get.

But if you live in that province do you still have to pay the tax?

Dec 21, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #3,404 of 9,235
yea, its just the law around here, the sales tax must be paid. It goes according to where you live, so it doesn't matter if i purchase something from quebec, british columbia, or even my home province of Ontario, I will still get taxed 13 % because i live in Ontario. People from Alberta have a much better rate of only 5% tax, so if someone over there can help ppl with the Turbine Coppers, it will be a tad cheaper, given that they won't charge ppl additional proxy fees or anything like that : P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back