The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Dec 22, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #3,408 of 9,235

LOL was thinking the same thing :)
Quote:
Good thing I live in Alberta =)

LOL was thinking the same thing myself 
gs1000.gif

For those wondering, Alberta has no provincial sales tax or harmonized sales tax, just GST which is 5%. So for those getting these from an Albertan, expect 5% added plus shipping.

I am actually going to pass on the Copper's aside from a pair I getting for a fellow Head-fi member in the US. Not that they are not worth $99 (they are definitely worth that and more, so excellent deal for those of you taking advantage of it) I just feel good about my current IEM's I am using and am starting to think, depending on how I like the custom tips I have on order of possibly saving up for a year and going full custom on maybe the Westone ES5. So it's time to stop biting on all the "deals" coming out simply because they are deals.

Dec 22, 2011 at 1:28 AM Post #3,409 of 9,235

Quote:
LOL was thinking the same thing :)

LOL was thinking the same thing myself 
gs1000.gif

For those wondering, Alberta has no provincial sales tax or harmonized sales tax, just GST which is 5%. So for those getting these from an Albertan, expect 5% added plus shipping.

I am actually going to pass on the Copper's aside from a pair I getting for a fellow Head-fi member in the US. Not that they are not worth $99 (they are definitely worth that and more, so excellent deal for those of you taking advantage of it) I just feel good about my current IEM's I am using and am starting to think, depending on how I like the custom tips I have on order of possibly saving up for a year and going full custom on maybe the Westone ES5. So it's time to stop biting on all the "deals" coming out simply because they are deals.

"cough" Audeo dual balanced armature PFE232 "cough"

Dec 22, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #3,411 of 9,235

Quote:

LOL your an evil man
evil_smiley.gif
. I have been reading the thread on those but man at $600 thats 2/3 the way to the ES5! But if they go on sale at some point I may just bite on them as they are sounding like they can compete with the 3+ driver IEM's quite nicely and since I am in love with the Ety HF3 that only has 1 driver then who knows. Again though I want to see how I like the custom tip I have on order but I guess I can always have a custom tip made for those too LOL.

Dec 22, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #3,412 of 9,235

Quote:
LOL your an evil man
evil_smiley.gif
. I have been reading the thread on those but man at $600 thats 2/3 the way to the ES5! But if they go on sale at some point I may just bite on them as they are sounding like they can compete with the 3+ driver IEM's quite nicely and since I am in love with the Ety HF3 that only has 1 driver then who knows. Again though I want to see how I like the custom tip I have on order but I guess I can always have a custom tip made for those too LOL.

I've been thinking about some custom tips myself but not to sure if I'll go that route though. Seems my bi and tri flanges work OK for me although I do admit after 2 or 3 hours my ear canals can feel a little tender once I pull my IEM's out. I say given a little time the PFE232 will come down to maybe around 400. If they do I'll take the plunge then.

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #3,413 of 9,235

Quote:

blink.gif
I didnt even know these were out already! Dang...would love to try them out, for sure. I too just recently decided on getting custom tips before going full customs.

OT: has anyone heard anything about the quad driver jays? still waiting for them....

Dec 22, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #3,414 of 9,235
We can metaphorically compare it to Value Added Tax (VAT). The tax is charged regardless of whether you're living in the area or not. The only variance is how much the percentage would be, so Ontario people would get a 13% hit.

Quote:
But if you live in that province do you still have to pay the tax?

I'm actually interested in grabbing a pair or two, but am still wondering whether they're limiting to 1 pair per household or not. It would be great if anyone on here knows the exact fact.

Dec 22, 2011 at 8:40 AM Post #3,416 of 9,235
Quote:
Wait, could someone clear this up.

Does FutureShop allow US orders on this?
Thanks.

I just called FutureShop and spoke with a representative.  They said that they will NOT ship to the United States
mad.gif

Dec 22, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #3,417 of 9,235
Much as this dual citizen living in NYC would love to pick up a pair of coppers by way of another member, I won't crowd the line at this point.  Instead, I'll ask a question of those who are lining up:

Since people who live in Canada tend to grumble about not benefiting from sales like the Stateside ones on Black Friday, why are no long-term Head-fi members forming reciprocal alliances?  The terms could be that if a Canadian member does this for an American member, said American is bound to assist the Canadian with a similar deal at the time of the latter's choosing.  The terms might be confined to members with sufficient positive feedback and membership time, etc., etc.

Where there are sufficient deals elsewhere to warrant, this could go for other countries, too.

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #3,419 of 9,235

Users who are viewing this thread

Back