The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Dec 16, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #6,901 of 9,235
I feel the same way about the re 262 that was on amazon for 100. now im relegated to lurking for that kind of sound for under 100.

Dec 16, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #6,904 of 9,235
It's a full-sized headphone, but I didn't see anyone post the deal on this forum yet...

Sennheiser HD598 for $209 + Free $30 Gift Card

Not the best deal on HD598, as they've been $170 last year, but this is the best deal yet on these for a long time. You need to add the gift card to your order in the "Special Products and Promotions" section.

Dec 16, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #6,905 of 9,235
Quote:
I saw the XBA-3 on sale yesterday, but didn't pull the trigger. Now I regret that I didn't....maybe, I should wait until something like that resurfaces. I'm thinking, based on your answer, that even the 700's may be no better than what i already have. By the way, I recently bought the Meelectronics CC51 under $20, which, for the price is a very good performer.

I personally prefer UE700 by a big margin, XBA-3 sounds too 'metallic' up top and the only advantage it has over UE700 is that it has slightly bigger bass, everything else UE700 definitely trumps XBA-3

Dec 16, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #6,906 of 9,235
Quote:

I personally prefer UE700 by a big margin, XBA-3 sounds too 'metallic' up top and the only advantage it has over UE700 is that it has slightly bigger bass, everything else UE700 definitely trumps XBA-3

I'm actually inclined to agree. The UE700 definitely don't get enough attention, and the current Amazon price is a steal.

Dec 16, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #6,907 of 9,235
The UE700's looks way too fragile as the build quality scares me. How would it compare to TF10?

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #6,908 of 9,235
Yeah, 75 bucks for a dual BA from UE it's pretty sweet, too bad I'm poor and have/had the brainwavz B2 which I read are superior

On a side note, the facebook page of mp4 nation has some coupons for their brainwavz line of 'phones and the Vsonic GR07, dunno if still work though:

"Last Chance X'Mas Deal: Brainwavz M5 Earphones Black $15 off. Coupon Code: LSXMASM5B

Coupon will also work on Brainwavz M5 Black Microphone version too.

Free Fedex shipping to select countries.

Limited to 40 uses or expires by Monday, whichever first.

If you like our deals then please share them with others."

"Last Chance X'Mas Deal: Vsonic GR07 MKII Eaprhones $159.50 after coupon code: LSXMASGR07.

Free Fedex shipping to select countries.

Limited to 10 uses or expires by Monday, whichever first.

"Last Chance X'Mas Deal: Astrotec AM90 Balanced Armature Earphones Just $36.50 till Wednesday.

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #6,910 of 9,235
Are the UE700's so fragile that their life would be more limited than other comparable phones? Is it their housing, jack connection, drivers, or something else? Is this fragile nature typical of UE, or just this model? Are there any satisfied owners here that disagree?

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #6,911 of 9,235
Quote:
Are the UE700's so fragile that their life would be more limited than other comparable phones? Is it their housing, jack connection, drivers, or something else? Is this fragile nature typical of UE, or just this model? Are there any satisfied owners here that disagree?

the jack is weak but everything else is fine...... 

Dec 17, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #6,912 of 9,235
Quote:

Owning the XBA-3, along with many other earphones, I can say that it sounds fine to my ears. I should add that if one looks at the various threads devoted to the XBA-3 or the XBA line of earphones, many find it fine, while others report the metallic sound.
The general feeling is that it's caused by the source that is feeding it.
Myself, I have the Cowon J3 as well as the Samsung Galaxy S3, and have no problems. I think they are wonderfully detailed and offer the full spectrum of sounds. Highly recommended if you find them at a great price.
I can't comment on the sq of the UE700, however I found the Amazon reviews enough to put me off from trying them even at the current price.

Dec 17, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #6,913 of 9,235
Quote:

MM I had the UE700 and replaced it with the XBA 3 and I will have to disagree it sounds better the more power you give it where as the UE700 would still sound the same...... 

Dec 17, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #6,914 of 9,235
Quote:

Owning the XBA-3, along with many other earphones, I can say that it sounds fine to my ears. I should add that if one looks at the various threads devoted to the XBA-3 or the XBA line of earphones, many find it fine, while others report the metallic sound.
The general feeling is that it's caused by the source that is feeding it.
Myself, I have the Cowon J3 as well as the Samsung Galaxy S3, and have no problems. I think they are wonderfully detailed and offer the full spectrum of sounds. Highly recommended if you find them at a great price.
I can't comment on the sq of the UE700, however I found the Amazon reviews enough to put me off from trying them even at the current price.

How would you rate the XBA-3 in relation to the other earphones that you own? By the way, I also own the J3, and in addition, a Cowon D2,  two Sony players (one that came with its own proprietary noise canceling earphones) ,and a Clip+.

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #6,915 of 9,235
Quote:
MM I had the UE700 and replaced it with the XBA 3 and I will have to disagree it sounds better the more power you give it where as the UE700 would still sound the same...... 

That's OK 
wink_face.gif
 as I always said, reviews are relative and it is only an opinion of an individual.

I have both W3 and TF10, and both of them to some extent, have similarity in signature to UE700, I thought about buying XBA-3 and I had a chance to audition my mate's, after listening to it, I changed my mind about buying it - it sounds nothing like either W3 or TF10. The bass is bigger compared to both W3 and TF10, almost at overpowering level IMHO, the treble sounds 'metallic' (kinda similar to T.I and his auto-tune software). Mid is the only area where it excels, just like XBA-1's mid but better (its mid is better than TF10 with stock cable, and just ever slightly under W3's) - as a whole package however, IMHO, lags behind W3, TF10, and even UE700.

On the other side of the coin however, it is much, much cheaper than W3, and since there won't be anymore $90 Amazon price in TF10, at $129, XBA-3 definitely is a steal (any triple-BA at that price is a steal)

Quote:
The UE700's looks way too fragile as the build quality scares me. How would it compare to TF10?

Mine is just over 12 months old and it is the most used IEM by far amongst my collection, up to today, no problem whatsoever, not even scratch, just care for your IEM well and it won't break, clean it from wax/sweat after use and store it in its case - I do agree that TF10 is better built

Users who are viewing this thread

Back