The discovery thread!
Nov 23, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #5,042 of 99,913
Oh yea. You lucked out and got a burned in one it seems. I would still burn them in more to get the best out of them. ClieOS recommends at least 100 hours.. Wait till you hear how that sounds with the Ele dac..

Nov 23, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #5,043 of 99,913
Ya I should have checked with fedex but I don't have time to run around unfortunately so I had to send it through the local post office. Rip off. next time I am gonna have to use something else. 

FedEx is $50+ too. UPS is $60+. What you REALLY should have done is used a "USPS Express Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope". Order them online for free ($0 + $0 ship) at usps.com . Postage is only $38 to all worldwide destinations, and it includes online tracking, $100 insurance (and you can purchase more for little $$), and 3-7 day delivery. The ONLY downside is you can't ship anything larger than a loaf of bread (more or less), as it simply won't fit. You could easily have put this DAC into it, with bubble wrap, though. It is not for paper only, don't let anyone tell you so.

Nov 23, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #5,044 of 99,913
Well the reason why it cost so much was the DAC is made of all aluminum. Good construction with a big power brick, but also weighs more than the 4 Lb limit they have for first class air. Anything over and I have to use priority. It was 18OZ over the weight so almost 5LBs. Even if I took all the pack in material and foam and stuff out it would still be over the limit..I probably could have saved a bit if I checked another way to send it but by how much is the question. Oh well it is what it is..I went from being elated that I bought a Vita COD bundle for $200 in saving $50 to using that much just to send the dac back.

Nov 23, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #5,045 of 99,913
Quote:
Even simpler, any DAC creates a new analogue stream from digital information. Hence "DAC". It bypasses any DAC in your Blackberry etc. It goes MP3/FLAC -> DAC -> headphones, not MP3/FLAC -> Blackberry -> DAC -> headphones.

Wait are you guys talking about Blackberry phones??? Kinda confused, this cheapo DAC can't be used with mp3 players/ touch pads etc right, since it needs to be connected to a USB port for power and audio conversion of the files playing from your computer no?

Quote:
Brutal. First Doc gets denied his $79 AD900's, and then you get burned. Black Friday indeed!

Damn sucks to hear that Doc wasn't able to get the AD900s for that price, he was so hyped to get them it seems.
frown.gif
Guess sometimes deals are too good to be true.

Nov 23, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #5,046 of 99,913
Well the reason why it cost so much was the DAC is made of all aluminum. Good construction with a big power brick, but also weighs more than the 4 Lb limit they have for first class air. Anything over and I have to use priority. It was 18OZ over the weight so almost 5LBs. Even if I took all the pack in material and foam and stuff out it would still be over the limit..I probably could have saved a bit if I checked another way to send it but by how much is the question. Oh well it is what it is..I went from being elated that I bought a Vita COD bundle for $200 in saving $50 to using that much just to send the dac back.

Priority or Express. You still could have used the EMLFRE and saved $12!

Nov 23, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #5,047 of 99,913
Did you buy with PayPal? They're doing some kind of thing where they'll pay return shipping thru the holidays. Price matching, too.
I haven't looked into how it works.
Might be worth checking.

Nov 23, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #5,048 of 99,913
Did you buy with PayPal? They're doing some kind of thing where they'll pay return shipping thru the holidays. Price matching, too.
I haven't looked into how it works.
Might be worth checking.

Not out of country shipping.

Nov 23, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #5,049 of 99,913
Well It is a good lesson learned. I am not too down on the whole thing. It is water under the bridge.

So I have been burning in my new MDR-1R using the Ele dac and I just took a little peep on how the sound is coming along. Everything sounds fantastic. Enough to forget I got done in by gangsters that is the post office..

I look forward to read what you guys have to say about the Ele dac. I am thinking of getting more of them to give to family and friends.

Nov 23, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #5,050 of 99,913
Hi-got the Senn 650's in the Black Friday Frenzy. Probably need an amp (have a HiSound Studio V which is supposed to be "class A", not sure what that means or if it would work). Would the Bravo Audio Ocean be a good choice if the Studio is not? Is there some other (not too expensive...Black Friday coupled with the Deals threads and this thread are murdering my bank account) that would be a better choice?
Thanks

Nov 24, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #5,051 of 99,913
Can I get a hype train going if I say that I don't miss my MIA Sennheiser HD580 at all listening to these SOMiC MH463?
tongue.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 24, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #5,052 of 99,913
Interesting. It seems they make a full line of headphones and earphones even..You should consider starting a new thread if you think they are thread worthy. I just spent a grip of cash on a new MDR-1R and a Aune T1 that I ended up spending more for because I had to ship it back to China. Then I made matters worse as I just had to get a Sony Vita cus my little boy wants one. Then I had an itch to get a bunch of cheaper DACs.. My credit card bill for this month is not gonna be fun to look at. Other wise I would be all over one of them. Or some of these. Maybe a few hidden gems in here.

Nov 24, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #5,054 of 99,913
Can I get a hype train going if I say that I don't miss my MIA Sennheiser HD580 at all listening to these SOMiC MH463? :p

I there is anyone like me reading... probably!

Nov 24, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #5,055 of 99,913
Just looked at the seller selling the ele dac. They are also selling this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MINI-PCM2704-HI-FI-USB-DAC-SOUND-CARD-BOARD-hi-fi-ELNA-Capacitance-for-it-/260994381452?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc47a368c
is it the same as the board inside the ele dac?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back