The discovery thread!
Jan 5, 2024 at 7:59 AM Post #92,402 of 102,991
Jan 5, 2024 at 8:38 AM Post #92,404 of 102,991
Canpur CP622B was an iem I was thinking about when I responded to an earlier question about getting an iem if I didn't have to think about costs. I said I wanted the Subtonic Storm, but I have heard a great deal of buzz on the Canpur. Not long ago on this Discovery thread, there was a discussion about some of their budget iems. I didn't realize at that time they were doing iems like the CP622B, which HBB recently discussed.

This is a $3500 iem. This would be a multi-year save-up for me, and I currently don't see that for me.

https://shop.musicteck.com/products/canpur-cp622b-in-ear-monitor?_pos=1&_sid=dd9fb504e&_ss=r

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 8:49 AM Post #92,405 of 102,991
I have ordered Artti T10. It have nice graph btw. A bit more mid-bass, lower "pinna gain", and nice extension. Hope it sounds as looks at this graph. graph (65).png

Jan 5, 2024 at 8:50 AM Post #92,406 of 102,991
Wow. This is almost what I wished from Bqeyz wind.
It's
Canpur CP622B was an iem I was thinking about when I responded to an earlier question about getting an iem if I didn't have to think about costs. I said I wanted the Subtonic Storm, but I have heard a great deal of buzz on the Canpur. Not long ago on this Discovery thread, there was a discussion about some of their budget iems. I didn't realize at that time they were doing iems like the CP622B, which HBB recently discussed.

This is a $3500 iem. This would be a multi-year save-up for me, and I currently don't see that for me.

https://shop.musicteck.com/products/canpur-cp622b-in-ear-monitor?_pos=1&_sid=dd9fb504e&_ss=r

There are couple of reviews on headfi : https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/canpur-performance-series-cp622b.26867/reviews#review-32624

Jan 5, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #92,407 of 102,991
Jan 5, 2024 at 11:21 AM Post #92,408 of 102,991
zero2.jpg

Impressions:

I just got these a couple of days ago. I like the looks on these iems. Blue is a lovely colour. The iems are very lightweight. I tried these with Azla SednaFit Light eartips.

• Sound is more of a warm V-signature.​
  • There is a mid-bass focus, which makes the overall bass mellow and warm, though there is not enough punch in it. The subbass has a presence when called for. Sometimes there is a bit of bass intruding into the mid-frequency range. On some songs with less bass emphasis, the mids sound a lot better, so few genre suit better, such as jazz, acoustics, etc. Nevertheless, the bass is one strong area of these iems.​
  • The mids have a touch of warmth, are not as forward but not too far behind either, so kind of you get enough of them. The vocals are not thin and have a good body. There is no upper mids shoutiness, so that's a good thing I find in these iems.​
  • The treble is fair enough. There is some okay detail, though it lacks energy, making it sound laid-back. A bit of more energy and better detailing could really help​
  • Technically, they are just okay. The soundstage and imaging are just average; not that I was expecting anything great. If there were more clarity, it would have sounded a lot better. It fails to deliver good sound with busy tracks, so few genres—metal and rock, etc.—aren't its strong areas.​
I think for the price of it, there is nothing to complain about. This is the cheapest IEM I have tried since I got into this hobby. Surprisingly, I did not find them bad; they have been in use since I got them. So, as per me, the sound is not bad. One can put them in use for long hours without any fatigue. I do not have the OG Zero to try, but going by other reviews, I see that these are almost comparable except for the bass department. The OG Zero sounded a bit flat. However, I am not sure of all the changes in these new iems.

Overall, a thumbs up from me for it's tonality and pleasing sound at such a low cost.

Jan 5, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #92,410 of 102,991
zero2.jpg
Impressions:

I just got these a couple of days ago. I like the looks on these iems. Blue is a lovely colour. The iems are very lightweight. I tried these with Azla SednaFit Light eartips.

• Sound is more of a warm V-signature.​
  • There is a mid-bass focus, which makes the overall bass mellow and warm, though there is not enough punch in it. The subbass has a presence when called for. Sometimes there is a bit of bass intruding into the mid-frequency range. On some songs with less bass emphasis, the mids sound a lot better, so few genre suit better, such as jazz, acoustics, etc. Nevertheless, the bass is one strong area of these iems.​
  • The mids have a touch of warmth, are not as forward but not too far behind either, so kind of you get enough of them. The vocals are not thin and have a good body. There is no upper mids shoutiness, so that's a good thing I find in these iems.​
  • The treble is fair enough. There is some okay detail, though it lacks energy, making it sound laid-back. A bit of more energy and better detailing could really help​
  • Technically, they are just okay. The soundstage and imaging are just average; not that I was expecting anything great. If there were more clarity, it would have sounded a lot better. It fails to deliver good sound with busy tracks, so few genres—metal and rock, etc.—aren't its strong areas.​
I think for the price of it, there is nothing to complain about. This is the cheapest IEM I have tried since I got into this hobby. Surprisingly, I did not find them bad; they have been in use since I got them. So, as per me, the sound is not bad. One can put them in use for long hours without any fatigue. I do not have the OG Zero to try, but going by other reviews, I see that these are almost comparable except for the bass department. The OG Zero sounded a bit flat. However, I am not sure of all the changes in these new iems.

Overall, a thumbs up from me for it's tonality and pleasing sound at such a low cost.
Interesting, for me the vocals sounded the most forward of any IEM/headphone I've tried. The mids were my favorite part of the IEMs, found both the bass and treble lacking.

Jan 5, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #92,411 of 102,991
moving into 2024, my goal is to slow down on the lower priced items and instead invest in a set in the sub kilo buck range, around $800. I have a couple of ideas but nothing tempting me enough just yet to upgrade. My recent LCD-2C purchase has me satisfied for now, but my IEMs simply do not stack up in sound quality to them.

I do need a new cable for my Neo 5 though. I am looking for something modular, my current Hart custom is really the only cable I own that I can tell sounds “sonically lacking” to other IEM cables. Comfort is king to me, so any tight ear loops won’t do, and not overly heavy.

I am willing to put some money into this, as it would most likely move up with my upgrade, so $200 USD or less is ideal, and I am trying to avoid AliExpress. Any suggestions on items or places to look are greatly appreciated!

Jan 5, 2024 at 2:06 PM Post #92,412 of 102,991
Screenshot 2024-01-05 140000.jpg

This appeals to both my inner audio and gaming nerd...but it looks super impractical and like it would be awkward to use. But I guess if they made it like the straight Tetris piece it would've looked like any other dongle. Anyone tried it?

Jan 5, 2024 at 2:12 PM Post #92,413 of 102,991
moving into 2024, my goal is to slow down on the lower priced items and instead invest in a set in the sub kilo buck range, around $800. I have a couple of ideas but nothing tempting me enough just yet to upgrade. My recent LCD-2C purchase has me satisfied for now, but my IEMs simply do not stack up in sound quality to them.

I do need a new cable for my Neo 5 though. I am looking for something modular, my current Hart custom is really the only cable I own that I can tell sounds “sonically lacking” to other IEM cables. Comfort is king to me, so any tight ear loops won’t do, and not overly heavy.

I am willing to put some money into this, as it would most likely move up with my upgrade, so $200 USD or less is ideal, and I am trying to avoid AliExpress. Any suggestions on items or places to look are greatly appreciated!
Penon Asos cable is one I have been eyeing.

Jan 5, 2024 at 2:37 PM Post #92,414 of 102,991

I'm an Effect Audio fanboy so my rec is the Effect Audio X Griffin cable at $199, but if you want to go with an 8w and match the purple colorway of the Neo5, there's the Effect Audio × Z Review cable for a bit more at $329.

They both come with modular IEM connectors and terminations, but I think the Griffin only includes 1 termination plug option so you'll have to purchase the others separately.

..and you don't even have to deal with AE. They're on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/HiFiGo-Earphone-High-Purity-Interchangeable-Connector/dp/B0CFKYSKJD?th=1
https://www.amazon.com/HiFiGo-Review-10th-Anniversary-Cadmus/dp/B0CLYFFGSP?th=1

1704482841749.png
1704483198862.png

Jan 5, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #92,415 of 102,991

Having a fantastic IEM probably saves some people like us in this hobby. Since having the Noble KK and the Denon PerL Pro I find myself stopping short Everytime I see a driver array I find exciting such as bone conduction piezo dynamic tribrids etc etc. I realize I already have that and a 1DD 4BA isnt going to sound better.

For the Denon, still haven't heard an item with better soundstage and bass so why try find something with a big ol dynamic driver pumping it out?

The only exciting thing right now is Planar cause I like the tonality of them (don't understand complaints on Planar timber, don't buy Planar if you want timbre to sound like a DD) and of course MEMs technology (going to be found mostly in tws in the near future which suits me fine).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back